Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure about everyone else on the forum but I've never ordered a vehicle in its first production year. For those who have owned early model Fords or other vehicles, are you worried at all about getting one of the first Mach-E's to roll off the assembly line? I know EVs have fewer moving parts to worry about and there's OTAs but this is all uncharted territory for Ford.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm not sure about everyone else on the forum but I've never ordered a vehicle in its first production year. For those who have owned early model Fords or other vehicles, are you worried at all about getting one of the first Mach-E's to roll off the assembly line? I know EVs have fewer moving parts to worry about and there's OTAs but this is all uncharted territory for Ford.
I ordered a 2013 C-Max right off the assembly line. First year they made the car. Close to 90k miles on it without any issues. When I first got it there were some fit/finish things but the dealer had them sorted out.

·
Super Moderator
1,002 Posts
On build quality, I have had four Fords in a row, a 2005 Explorer, a 2007 Edge (first year), a 2010 Fusion Hybrid (first year), and a 2018 Fusion Hybrid. All were solid, squeak and rattle free, with only the occasional minor issue.

I drove the 2010 Ford fusion hybrid for 8 years (115k miles), the build, battery and engine were practically the same as when i bought it. I only traded it in because I just wanted a new car at the time. I would have waited for the launch of the MMe had I known.

My 2018 Fusion is well-built, super quiet, and only requires maintenance every 12 months. Every aspect is Improved over its predecessor, especially the software in Sync 3. My car also does OTA updates when it is parked in my driveway and connects to my home network (although not as all-encompassing as the MMe’s OTA will be).

Ford is also taking advantage of all the available data and invention of the new EV players like Tesla and Rivian.

all that said, i feel we don’t have too much to be concerned about.

Reactions: UW2
1 - 3 of 3 Posts