Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter to anyone that the Mustang Mach-E likely doesn't come with fog lights? Personally I like having them available when the weather is poor outside but it's something I can live with.

Maybe there will be aftermarket lights available?

·
Registered
14 Posts
They were showing the Mach-E at the Ford dealership in Redwood City, CA and I asked if there were fog lights and they said no. If you look at the lighting controls it looks like there is a button for fog lights.
3134E240-C926-4B5C-88F1-3F392DD992DC.jpeg

·
Registered
34 Posts
What a conundrum! I guess we'll have to wait to see a production version to be sure. It is possible on pre-production they just re-used a switch from a different Ford vehicle

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They were showing the Mach-E at the Ford dealership in Redwood City, CA and I asked if there were fog lights and they said no. If you look at the lighting controls it looks like there is a button for fog lights. View attachment 269
This is way more confusing that it should be hahaha. I guess a live demo will have to solve things once and for all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is way more confusing that it should be hahaha. I guess a live demo will have to solve things once and for all.
I am hoping there will be fog lights. I use them regularly on my MB. Also hope that the low-beam headlights are off when the fog lights engage; otherwise, the lighting is no nearly as effective. I hope there will be a demo at the Chicago Auto Show. I plan to check out the lighting situation.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The vehicle has rear fog lights (which I believe is mandatory). There are no front fog lights :(
I asked the question on the other forum and got answered by a Ford engineer.
All questions asked are here (this is also where I found out that there is no retractable cloth sunshades for the panoramic glass roof :eek:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, Cricri67.

I believe that rear fog lights are mandatory in Europe but not in the US. I live in Chicago & make frequent trips into the wilds of Wisconsin. Fog is often around in the early morning when front fog lights are very helpful. Front fog lights are also extremely helpful when snow is falling rapidly. The standard low-beam lights reflect off the snow directly into the driver's eyes, obsuring vision. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed & will lobby anyone at Ford who you think may listen.

Separately, sad it here that there is NO cover for the big, glass "sunroof." Not very eco-friendly if I must use more power to stay cool ?

I look forward to sharing whatever I may learn at the Chicago Auto Show next week.

·
Super Moderator
485 Posts
Fog lamps are standard on the traditional mustang.

(Photo:Ford)
Keep in mind that all mach-e vehicles out there at the moment are Pre-production.

Fog/cornering lamps are excellent at improving visibility in poor weather and also help in road-edge definition on poorly/unlit roads. I try to use fog lamps instead of brights as much as possible, especially if there are other cars on the road.

It would be so easy for Ford to add them in without affecting design or aerodynamics, and make them LED to ensure the power draw is minimal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks, Cricri67.

I believe that rear fog lights are mandatory in Europe but not in the US. I live in Chicago & make frequent trips into the wilds of Wisconsin. Fog is often around in the early morning when front fog lights are very helpful. Front fog lights are also extremely helpful when snow is falling rapidly. The standard low-beam lights reflect off the snow directly into the driver's eyes, obsuring vision. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed & will lobby anyone at Ford who you think may listen.

Separately, sad it here that there is NO cover for the big, glass "sunroof." Not very eco-friendly if I must use more power to stay cool ?

I look forward to sharing whatever I may learn at the Chicago Auto Show next week.
Yes, it is mandatory in Europe (at least in France) for rear fog lights.

I was born in the East of France and I'm used to driving in the snow. I'm 100% with you on your comments!

And yep no cover fore the panoramic glass roof seems to be completely stupid!

It really looks like this car can only be driven on average conditions (no sun, no fog or snow) :ROFLMAO:

Unfortunately, for lobbying, I really doubt that Ford would listen and make these kind of changes that late in the development process of the car. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
652 Posts
The vehicle has rear fog lights (which I believe is mandatory). There are no front fog lights :(
I asked the question on the other forum and got answered by a Ford engineer.
All questions asked are here (this is also where I found out that there is no retractable cloth sunshades for the panoramic glass roof :eek:)
I'm a bit surprised that they're not putting in front fog lights, I thought they would've incorporated them in some way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts