Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
987 Posts
It's a preproduction prototype. You can see some special hood attachments in the other photos. From Reddit:

View attachment 2396

View attachment 2397
You know what I find the most interesting? That the MMe prototypes and test-mules have been seen in the wild since sometime late last year, and the growing test-fleet is still out there.

I don’t know if this is Ford’s normal approach, but it is encouraging they are continuing developing and refining with earnest.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Unless it’s something significant the MME is mechanically set for production I believe. At this point they’re looking at software bugs, bug fixes, and the like. The car goes into production with the FCTP vehicles very soon, the FE will follow.

·
Super Moderator
987 Posts
Unless it’s something significant the MME is mechanically set for production I believe. At this point they’re looking at software bugs, bug fixes, and the like. The car goes into production with the FCTP vehicles very soon, the FE will follow.
Yes, I agree. OTA software tweaks, UI, new software features, Auto Drive Assist, efficiencies, etc.

Positive signs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It is not unheard of for a car manufacturer to make small fixes that don't require major retooling to vehicles or parts through ongoing testing. Extra screw to tamp down vibration here, problematic sealant ring that allows water to leak in requiring a different designed ring or material, etc. They don't want to have to recall every car by continuing to use a problematic part, that's why some VINs of the same model year get recalled and some don't. Manufacturers know exactly what parts went into every VIN.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Based on the bus in the background these photos were taken somewhere in Ottawa.
The headline on the original Reddit post places this in Stittsville, Ottawa. There's only one McDonald's in Sittsville. Here's where the photographer was situated:

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
68 Posts
That's remind me of Omer came to Canada.
"Welcome to Canada, one tim hortons each exit!"
Haha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts