Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it looks like the Mach E GT won't arrive until 2021 even though the standard models will be delivered in 2020.

We still don't have an exact date for the "regular" versions either, but it's looking like later 2020.

Will you wait for the GT?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a GT and a premium reserved because I am unclear on the timing. One thought I had is to get the premium and then trade it in when the GT finally gets produced. I don’t want to take a big hair cut at trade in so not sure if I will just cancel one or not.

maybe a lease option would work for me... need more info from Ford.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Why not just wait for the GT? It's just an 6 extra months, right?

Alex's rule of thumb, for cars on average, is 11% lost when you drive off the lot, plus 15% for each additional year. Due to tax incentives that are separate from the dealer transaction, I'd subtract another $7500 from the sale price before taking off that initial 11%.

So figure you might be out an additional $5-10k as the cost of borrowing a Premium MME for 6 months? Anyway, just a rough number to compare against your other options.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Why not just wait for the GT? It's just an 6 extra months, right?

Alex's rule of thumb, for cars on average, is 11% lost when you drive off the lot, plus 15% for each additional year. Due to tax incentives that are separate from the dealer transaction, I'd subtract another $7500 from the sale price before taking off that initial 11%.

So figure you might be out an additional $5-10k as the cost of borrowing a Premium MME for 6 months? Anyway, just a rough number to compare against your other options.
Most like will wait. If it is months I will impatiently wait. If scheduling or delays happen, I am keeping my options open for now. Really want the gt even though I give up 20-30 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts