Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford explains that the "Mustang Mach-E boldly fuses modern looks with smart design, delivering powerful capability that can grow with people and their families". With these features making up a large part of what the Mach-E achieves:
  1. Mustang Mach-E has SUV-size proportions and comfortably seats five adults.
  2. Premium available B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen seamlessly integrated like a sound bar.
  3. Floating, flip-up arm rest doubles as a place to store purses or bags.
  4. Available panoramic fixed-glass roof helps keep you cool in the summer and warmer in the winter.
  5. 59.6 cubic feet of trunk space with the seats folded leaves plenty of room for your skis, or anything else you want to pack up.*
  6. Water resistant, drainable front trunk provides even more room for your luggage – or a day at the beach.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Only gray or black! Go look at the beautiful interiors of the BMW X3 and X4 available in many colors. I was ready to order a GT to replace my unreliable Jeep Grand Cherokee, but the interior is just not fancy enough for that money, and black (GT) is too hot in southern California.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not sure how a glass sunroof keeps you cool in the summer, when the sun will be beating down on your head, and warm in the winter, when sun is low on the horizon and glass is not an insulator ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not sure how a glass sunroof keeps you cool in the summer, when the sun will be beating down on your head, and warm in the winter, when sun is low on the horizon and glass is not an insulator ?
I read that they claim is it low-e glass that reflects IR on both sides. Meaning, when the heat is coming from outside, it is reflected back outside. When the heat is coming from the inside, it is reflected back inside.

Being in central Texas, I was concerned, and hope I did indeed read their literature correctly otherwise I'll have to think of some solution for the top glass. It really gets hot when it's 105 degrees outside and your car has been sitting on black pavement while you are grocery shopping for an hour!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here is the exact text from https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/2021/, maybe I'm reading too much into it

"
Glass Roof
The benefits of this available Panoramic Fixed Glass roof go beyond its expansive view. Special coating is designed to help the interior stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter with a Low-E on the roof and Infra-red Reflective coating on the windshield.
"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts