·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
109 Posts
A gentleman who works at the Cuautitlan plant just posted on the Mach E Nation Facebook group that the Cuautitlan plant opens Monday, with reduced workforce.
He works in the Cuautitlan plant, so this is first hand, not speculation:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/For..._id=1587956319391138&notif_t=group_highlights
View attachment 1281
I found a poster (April 23) on blueovalforums who stated that Ford made 90 Mach E cars in March at the Cuautitlan plant before they shut down for the Covid virus. We did see a picture posted on FB that showed some stretch wrapped Mach E's. I'm just guessing they were probably checking out their assembly procedures. I wonder what models they were and where they are headed? Probably nobody gets any before the release date. Preserving them in stretch wrap! Lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. That seems like a lot but I know we keep seeing images popping up around Detroit of several being tested and shown off. Lots are being used for engineering tests already. Maybe there are some on a ship to Europe?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
90 does seem a lot for testers and prototypes. Maybe some of them are first edition Mach-Es?
If past estimates are correct, the first 4000 cars are for demos and testing, they need to get those made before they start cars for customers. Remember that reservation numbers started at 4,000. So this would only be the first 90+ of those 4000.

We do know they made at least one FE (pictures below) but I doubt they were making customer units back in March. While I do like the thought that my car may have been built already, I'm not sure I really want one of the very first assembly line test units. The "serial number" would be great as a collector's item, though!

·
Super Moderator
1,246 Posts
90 does seem a lot for testers and prototypes. Maybe some of them are first edition Mach-Es?
I know its an important part of the vehicle development process, but Its sad to think that some of these 90 vehicles only exist to be totaled in crash-testing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts