Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Mustang Mach-E Power & Torque Are More Than Ford Reported

6K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  ElectricPony 
#1 ·
The Ford eSourcebook (dealer only) shows the Mach-E makes more power than originally reported:

RWD Standard Range:
Old: 255 horsepower, 306 lb-ft, 190 kilowatts
New: 266 horsepower, 317 lb-ft, 198 kilowatts

AWD Standard Range:
Old: 255 horsepower, 417 lb-ft, 190 kilowatts
New: 266 horsepower, 428 lb-ft, 198 kilowatts

RWD Extended Range:
Old: 282 horsepower, 306 lb-ft, 210 kilowatts
New: 290 horsepower, 317 lb-ft, 216 kilowatts

AWD Extended Range:
Old: 332 horsepower, 417 lb-ft, 248 kilowatts
New: 346 horsepower, 428 lb-ft , 258 kilowatts

#8 ·
What interests me is that the improvements are across-the-board, not just limited to one configuration. Where did Ford's engineers find an opportunity to improve the system? From what I understand, the rate of discharging the electricity from the battery and sending that electricity to the motor is something controlled by software. My guess is that the software has changed to allow a higher flow rate, if you will. I doubt they would change hardware at this point because hardware would need to undergo another set of validation tests.

#9 ·
So if my math is right that means

RWD Standard Range Mach-E:
+11 hp, +11 lb-ft, +8 kW from original specs

RWD Extended Range Mach-E:
+8 hp, +11 lb-ft, +6 kW from original specs

AWD Standard Range Mach-E:
266 hp / 428 lb-ft / 198 kW
+11 hp, +11 lb-ft, +8 kW from original specs

AWD Extended Range Mach-E:
+14 hp, +11 lb-ft, +10 kW from original specs

#10 ·
I do not intend to every race my MME so 0-60 times to me are totally irrelevant. Really what is the difference between 5.8 and 5.5 seconds?

What I would like to see is more range. There is a big difference between 280 for LR AWD and 300 miles. Most of my trips are about 250 miles: a 300 mile range you can make without a stop for recharging. A 280 mile range creates "range anxiety"! Stopping adds 45 minutes to a 4 hour trip!

#19 ·
Actually if your a drag racer and you car is tuned pretty well trying to get another .3 of a second out of it is very difficult to do. So in that respect it is a big deal. For sure I'll take it down the 1/4 mile once just to see how it performs. Then I'll go back to running my 1930 Model A (12.5 sec @ 106 MPH ) which will be 91 years older than the Mach-e. Wow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.