Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like seeing this kind of progress in the factory workplace.
Also, that's the first I've seen a front license plate from on a Mustang Mach E. Kinda kills the flow of the design. Or maybe it just stands out as black on white.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
I like seeing this kind of progress in the factory workplace.
Also, that's the first I've seen a front license plate from on a Mustang Mach E. Kinda kills the flow of the design. Or maybe it just stands out as black on white.

View attachment 2243
I'm telling my dealer absolutely NO front plate holder.

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
If I'm not mistaken women built the B-24 Liberator Bomber in a Ford plant starting in 1941 nice to see that 79 years later women building a car is news. I believe that with some exceptions people do not believe that Testosterone is a necessary component for automotive assembly. IJMO, ICBW.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm sorry, but this vehicle, which signals the future direction of the company, should be built in the USA. Women can certainly build cars...but this one should be built by american women.

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts
I'm sorry, but this vehicle, which signals the future direction of the company, should be built in the USA. Women can certainly build cars...but this one should be built by american women.
It was a matter of availability and cost. The Ford plant in Mexico was recently idled. So they could leverage it quickly and cost effectively. The faster the EV to market, the better.

Some other facts for you:

• Ford is also expanding two factories in the US and another in Canada. All for the purpose of increasing their EV lineup.
  • Ford currently employs more US workers than any other automaker.
  • The MMe being built in Mexico was approved by the UAW, with the understanding Ford is also increasing US built vehicles.

Have a good evening.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz B250e
26 Posts
Absolutely correct, it nearly doesn´t make any difference where a car is build as long as it fulfills the needed standards in it´s markets. Automotive industry is international. Our X5 is build in Greer, South Carolina/USA, my former mazda CX-7 was build in Hiroshima/Japan and my Mach-E will be build in Cuautitlán Izcalli/Mexico.But it can be much more entangled: the body of my actual Mercedes B250e was build in Germany whereas the drive train came from Tesla, USA. So what?

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
I checked Google Maps and don't worry because The United States (Estados Unidos) de Mexico is still located on the American Continent so it's in fact being built by "Americans".

·
Registered
585 Posts
There is also the fact that a tariff war was started not long ago, but I believe those tariffs do not apply to importing cars into europe from mexico.

·
Super Moderator
1,223 Posts
There is also the fact that a tariff war was started not long ago, but I believe those tariffs do not apply to importing cars into europe from mexico.
You are correct. There is a provision though requiring 75% parts and materials be sourced from the US.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts