Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple more photos of the Mach-E prototype have surfaced. It has Michigan plates on but I'm not sure where the photo was actually taken,

Ford Mustang Mach-E Prototype

Ford Mustang Mach-E Prototype

·
Registered
489 Posts
That is so weird how the panels are frankensteined together, including the cover on the charging port. I wonder if the intention is seeing how different paints hold up, or if the prototypes they are using for duration/road testing are really just glommed together from parts?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My guess (and hope) is that they are simply testing it under real world conditions to get a better idea of range tweaks they are making, as well as overall durability.
They also could be testing stuff for the software since they'll have OTA updates.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Guys, I am surprised that they are still testing the SUV, they should deliver next fall! o_O
I'm glad they're still testing. I hope they never finish testing. I'd love for the manufacturer to triage as many defects as possible, leaving fewer new issues to be discovered by you or me. :cool:

There's this other car manufacturer out there, whose vehicles share the roads with the rest of us, that seems to be okay with its customers collecting their software and safety beta test results and training its "neural networks." I'm not on board with that plan.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm glad they're still testing. I hope they never finish testing. I'd love for the manufacturer to triage as many defects as possible, leaving fewer new issues to be discovered by you or me. :cool:

There's this other car manufacturer out there, whose vehicles share the roads with the rest of us, that seems to be okay with its customers collecting their software and safety beta test results and training its "neural networks." I'm not on board with that plan.
I agree, it's good to see them still testing the car. It shows to me that they're not sitting on their hands until production actually starts.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just saw some more pics of the Mach-E testing in Belgium.

Tesla fans were cracking jokes about the panel gaps. It's obvious the hood is open.

ford mustang mach-e mule belgium front

ford mustang mach-e mule belgium rear

ford mustang mach-e mule belgium side

·
Registered
322 Posts
Yeah, perhaps a test for the European market hitch? A test mule was spotted in Scottsdale last week. My guess is that this is the same one... Probably traveling throughout the country.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Guys, I am surprised that they are still testing the SUV, they should deliver next fall! o_O
As engineer I can say - you test and test and test and test . When you think you are done - you test some more. Finally, when all the testing is really done and dusted ...you KEEP TESTING! This is how you do it and I approve.
You would hope that all principal points have long since been ticked off if its a good sound design and project management team. If they have - they will finding out nothing dramatic. But with endless testing right up until production - and even during production - there is always something you may discover in order to make fine tuned tweaks to the production in order to optimise an ultimate performance machine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts