Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The EPA-estimated range is at 270 miles but in real world testing it was actually 304 miles. A 12.6% increase. Consumption was also better than original estimates at 33.1 kWh/100 mi, up from 37 kWh/100 mi.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,425 Posts
The EPA-estimated range is at 270 miles but in real world testing it was actually 304 miles. A 12.6% increase. Consumption was also better than original estimates at 33.1 kWh/100 mi, up from 37 kWh/100 mi.
Who did this report and where?

·
Registered
238 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,262 Posts
Did not see any CR report on real range but this 70 mph test got 220 at a steady 70mph. That sounds about right.

My bad. It was Edmunds.com:

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for posting the link @MachDrive.

It will be interesting to see how real world reports from owners compare. Because at best these publications get cars for a week. The exception are those rare long-term reviews.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a BMW i3 owner, and am considering a Mach E. I actually love my small polarizing styled EV, but some interesting EV's are showing up lately.

Anyways, "The Smoking Tire" did a nice road trip with highway/city, and comfortable climate setting, his result was about 255 miles of range. The link is below, or you can navigate directly on YouTube. I live in extreme cold, so I predict 200 or below for winter.

The Mach E seems to be an excellent alternative to Tesla, I'm pretty comfortable with the range, but the masses probably won't start converting til' about 400 miles. I'm a little unsure myself, may wait til' we hit 350 to upgrade, I like to road trip with minimum stops, and would like to sell my ICE truck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 200+ miles on my First Edition AWD, and I'm getting barely 200 miles to a charge.... it's early yet, but seems underwhelming... let's hope it picks up after 500 miles or so. I'm in Oregon, weather has been chilly, mostly in the 40s since I picked it up 4 days ago.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,633 Posts
When I picked up my Premium RWD/ER at the dealer it was charged to 100% and showed 213 Range. I took it for a drive at 203 miles 95% the next day in 63 degree temps travelling 133 miles at 75 MPH. and it showed 134 miles of range at 55% remaining. Last night I charged it in my garage with an ambient temperature of 60+ degrees, on a Juice Box 40 to 100%. It took 5hrs. 50 mins @ 80% charging efficiency total 48.27 kWh. to hit 100% and showed a range of 268 miles. It's learning my driving style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 200+ miles on my First Edition AWD, and I'm getting barely 200 miles to a charge.... it's early yet, but seems underwhelming... let's hope it picks up after 500 miles or so. I'm in Oregon, weather has been chilly, mostly in the 40s since I picked it up 4 days ago.
It's rated @270 miles?

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I picked up my Premium RWD/ER at the dealer it was charged to 100% and showed 213 Range. I took it for a drive at 203 miles 95% the next day in 63 degree temps travelling 133 miles at 75 MPH. and it showed 134 miles of range at 55% remaining. Last night I charged it in my garage with an ambient temperature of 60+ degrees, on a Juice Box 40 to 100%. It took 5hrs. 50 mins @ 80% charging efficiency total 48.27 kWh. to hit 100% and showed a range of 268 miles. It's learning my driving style.
Sounds good, I'm hopeful that my mileage will increase as it either learns my driving style, or just settles in. Most of my trips are 8-10 miles each way and just one or two a day.... I'm intending to do a road trip to Cali to visit friends and family in a couple weeks and I'm optimistic I'll be up to something like 250-270 miles per charge. We will see. I traded a Tesla 3 in for this rig, and the quality of it is deifinetly better than the 3. Lots of different quirks, but overall, I'm happy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds good, I'm hopeful that my mileage will increase as it either learns my driving style, or just settles in. Most of my trips are 8-10 miles each way and just one or two a day.... I'm intending to do a road trip to Cali to visit friends and family in a couple weeks and I'm optimistic I'll be up to something like 250-270 miles per charge. We will see. I traded a Tesla 3 in for this rig, and the quality of it is deifinetly better than the 3. Lots of different quirks, but overall, I'm happy.

One other thing, do you know if the Mustang can be charged to 90% instead of full.... I haven't seen that as an option as I go through the learning curve.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,633 Posts
One other thing, do you know if the Mustang can be charged to 90% instead of full.... I haven't seen that as an option as I go through the learning curve.
Good question, I thought that I was charging to 80% but it went to 100%. I guess it's back to the 400+ page automated manual for the answer to our question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good question, I thought that I was charging to 80% but it went to 100%. I guess it's back to the 400+ page automated manual for the answer to our question.
I just read this in another post here, would still suggest checking your manual.

"On another note, one of the main reasons I like the Mach E, is because their buffer is built-in, so I can charge to 100% of usable battery and not worry about it".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts