Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing about the Mach-E that I've been thinking about recently is the amount of leg room that it offers. I come from a tall family where a lot of people are 6'2 and above and I'm curious about how they'll fit inside.

Does anyone have an idea about how space the Mach-E offers inside? Do the batteries on the floor have an effect on the space?

·
Registered
41 Posts
The guy at the LA car Show told me that tall people do fit in back, and that they have a tall guy in the group designing it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The engineer that you are talking about at the LA car show was 6-7. I sat in the car at the LA car show. the back seat is very misleading in a great way. From the outside there is an optical illusion. There is a sweeping color blue on the outside with a black piece above it. The actual headroom goes all of the way above the blue paint and to the black piece. I am 6-0 and had to pull the front seat up in order to reach the pedals. The production gal was 5-9 in a dress. She sat behind me but had her long legs going to the passenger side just because she was wearing a dress and obviously going in and out of the back seat quite often, She had a ton of head room. On the inside it is very clear as their is no tunnel for the transmission.

·
Registered
275 Posts
A number of the YouTube reviewers rave about the ample rear head and legroom. The website lists rear legroom at 38.1". For this size vehicle that's pretty good. My Escape lists 36.8" rear legroom. But I assume they measure that from the front seats fully forward. Shrinks fast as the seats go back. But overall I'd call it pretty good.

Saw one video with 3 adults in the back during a test drive. They couldn't all sit shoulder-to-shoulder without staggering some. 2 adults an a child might fit for longer distances but not 3 adults.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts