Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This photo was apparently taken in Amsterdam. Looks like Ford might have more in store for the Mach-E.

Mustang Mach-E Sneak Preview Tour

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's correct, I also received confirmation from our local FordStore that this coming week there will be a sneak preview.
Unfortunately it's not possible to get in the car tho...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dates and locations to view mach-e in a box according to the ford dealer in NL
12 juli Zaandam
14 juli Den Haag
15 juli Zwolle
17 jul Hengelo
18 juli Groningen
19 juli Eindhoven
20 juli Almere
21 juli Zeist

·
Registered
20 Posts
I was wondering if Ford plans similar events for other important European markets like Norway or Germany!? Keep me posted for Germany please ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The “Mach-e in a box” is in NL for like 2 weeks.
10 juli Amsterdam
11 juli Utrecht
12 juli Zaandam
14 juli Den Haag
15 juli Zwolle
17 jul Hengelo
18 juli Groningen
19 juli Eindhoven
20 juli Almere
21 juli Zeist
22 juli Arnhem
23 juli Ford Nederland (10:00 -17:00)

I was at the same location as the serie of picture - Utrecht.
Made like 20-30 pictures myself as we might not see him for a long time

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
At my dealership in NJ. He said the GM is trying to get on a schedule for a pre-production showing. In the meantime, he gave me a physical copy of the packaging guide.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've seen the car for real now and I was one of the lucky to be able to actually sit in the car! I'm glad I have a reservation already ;)
Can you give us any indication as to seat height? Did you have to "crawl down" into it and out of it, or could you pretty much slide in easily? (And for reference, how tall are you?)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sure, I'm 197cm (about 6.46 feet?) and could get in very easily, but I've to put a small disclaimer about this as the car was put on ramps so it could differ a little.

Behind the steering wheel I had plenty of head room, at the rear seats its shorter and when I put my head against the headrest I can feel the roof in my hair.

You can definitely notice that you're a bit higher due to the battery pack being underneath it. When you open the door you can see that the floor is very thick, giving you a higher step in.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks! Yeah, with the back wheels sitting on the ramp (maybe 6" high), the front seats were probably about 3" higher than normal. So that's a bit of a tainted test. Still though, you're taller than most at 6'5" (I'm 6'1"), so it's encouraging that you found it to be OK.

·
Registered
275 Posts
When you open the door you can see that the floor is very thick, giving you a higher step in.
Even though I knew that would be the case because of the battery pack in the floor, your picture is the first one I really noticed it on that clearly. That dark gray strip is pretty wide.

Still, I wish they'd added another 2" to the ground clearance (and thus the seat height and overall vehicle height), but this should be sufficient. I just hate low-sitting vehicles. Hard to crawl in/out of, and bad road visibility. Seat height and seat comfort are my #1 reason for wanting to sit in one first before committing to the purchase.

We currently have two 2013 Escapes (Kugas in Europe) and they're reasonable height. The Mach-e looks maybe an inch lower for driver seat height.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I noticed it when I was inside the car and looked at the door, normally the inner side (or how you want to call it, where you have the storage compartment) runs all the way down till the bottom of the door. In this case it stops where the battery pack starts while the door itself runs till the bottom of the car.

If I knew sooner I could have measured it for you, I even borrowed a measuring tape to measure the trunk as that's a criteria for us.

In regards to seat comfort, I'm also keen on this and it's not the same as I currently have in the Audi but it's still very comfortable. I might miss the extended leg part of the seats though.

The Kuga drove next to it today as well, just checked but I didn't caught it on camera so can't share with you how those compare.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Kuga/Escape went through a redesign for 2020, so hard to say how it compares to the 2013-2019 version I'm used to. It's hard to actually measure seat height from the ground because there is no single spot to measure from. But I was able to estimate it from the official specs by subtracting headroom from vehicle height (minus maybe another 1/2" for glass roof thickness). It appears the peak height on the Mach-e is right over the driver's head, so that's a pretty fair estimate.

Note that the pre-production prototype you sat in probably had different seats than the production units will. Should be roughly the same size/height, but the comfort could be different.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts