Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Mach-E has speed sign recognition? I know it's a feature that other Fords have but I haven't seen anything about the Mach-E having it or not? I hope it is available because I've found it to be a very handy feature.

·
Registered
57 Posts
this will be great. although the article i read about some dudes who fooling a tesla's speed recognition by sticking a piece of tape on the sign makes me question the efficiency of the feature

·
Registered
135 Posts
this will be great. although the article i read about some dudes who fooling a tesla's speed recognition by sticking a piece of tape on the sign makes me question the efficiency of the feature
Yeah that was with a 2016 Model S and 2016 Model X. The MobilEye camera-based sensor those cars were equipped with were also used on some GM, Nissan, Audi, and Volvo vehicles. It doesn't seem as though the researcher who authored the McAfee report attempted to do any testing with any of those vehicles. So we don't know if they're also susceptible to this trick.

Anyway, just another reminder that "full self driving" is truly a LONG ways away. An attentive, human driver still needs to be ready to take over control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts