Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I've overlooked this, but do we know what type of tires Ford will be using for the Mach-E?

The one that was produced at the Mexico plant has Michelin tires on but others have been seen with Bridgestones.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Michelin Tires
Ford Mustang Mach-E Bridgestone Tires

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tires aren't in the Tech Specs, so it's anyone's guess. However, the plant pictures are showing the Premium/FE wheels, so it's a reasonable guess the Premium/FE models will have those Michelins. The others are really prototypes, so no idea if they represent planned tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Tires aren't in the Tech Specs, so it's anyone's guess. However, the plant pictures are showing the Premium/FE wheels, so it's a reasonable guess the Premium/FE models will have those Michelins. The others are really prototypes, so no idea if they represent planned tires.
So it appears that there will now be special load rated tires for EV's from Continental - given RV weight

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I wonder if it ever crossed Ford's mind to partner with a Tire company to develop special tires for the Mach-E. Rivian partnered with Pirelli to do what with their vehicles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first edition from Mexico came with Michelin Primacy A\S .... so will likely need to be replacing them soon with some better tires .... I needed to do the same thing with my GT ... I will say Ford's OEM tires have been a disappointment for me generally.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
My first edition from Mexico came with Michelin Primacy A\S .... so will likely need to be replacing them soon with some better tires .... I needed to do the same thing with my GT ... I will say Ford's OEM tires have been a disappointment for me generally.
What options have you looked at so far? And do you know how range will be impacted?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you say they've been a disappointment, what has happened with your previous OEM tires?

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
148 Posts
I agree. I never liked All Season tires. Much prefer summer tires and winter tires all on separate rims. The best approach for where I live. I will be selling my Michelin All season tires back to the Ford Dealer or privately.

·
Registered
Order confirmed January 2021
21 Posts
Hi....why do you say the Primacy are A/S tires? Here in Europe Primacy are only summer tires!
Let me know please...

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,785 Posts
i have seen Pirelli, Continental, and Michelin tires on MMe test drive units. I don’t know if that is specific to their destination country.

·
Registered
Order confirmed January 2021
21 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
That sure beats waiting till you get to a gas station to top up air.

Anyone going for nitrogen instead? I hear a lot of pros and cons about it.
There are no cons...I've run nitrogen for years. The greater molecular size of N over O2 means your tires don't lose air over time, because the smaller O2 molecule aren't seeping out through the rubber over time. Racers use nitrogen, period...for a reason.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts