Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Car Charges to 100% but now only shows 220 miles.. It's a premium with extended battery.. It normally shows 290 miles plus. I parked it for a couple of months and when I charged it, it now only goes to 220 miles.. what am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
226 Posts
Reset your driving history and let it build up again and see if it gets better. I've had something similar and lost range on my Premium RWD Ext but nothing changed on my end, including the weather. I am in Southern Ca.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Reset your driving history and let it build up again and see if it gets better. I've had something similar and lost range on my Premium RWD Ext but nothing changed on my end, including the weather. I am in Southern Ca.
You are right. Believe the 29 miles on my wife's new vehicle was test drove although we told the sale manager no test drives especially with covid. Once reset we are getting 20pct more miles. Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
You are right. Believe the 29 miles on my wife's new vehicle was test drove although we told the sale manager no test drives especially with covid. Once reset we are getting 20pct more miles. Thanks
It wasn't test drives from people coming into a dealership but the QC they do before the car is delivered to the lot. Mine was one of the first to be delivered anywhere and it hadn't been driven by anyone at the dealership because it just got in that day and was an ordered car. It had 28 miles due to the calibration that needed to be done and of course the miles it takes to put it on and off a train and onto a truck etc. Which had to be done several times.

·
Registered
228 Posts
My Car Charges to 100% but now only shows 220 miles.. It's a premium with extended battery.. It normally shows 290 miles plus. I parked it for a couple of months and when I charged it, it now only goes to 220 miles.. what am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance..
You aren't doing anything wrong.

The estimated range is pretty crude and fairly conservative. A better way is know what your average miles/kwhr are (by leaving Trip 2 un-reset for a couple of thousand miles and using that average figure--my driving gives me 2.7 but I drive fast on the highway, and you might do better), simply multiply that number by the usable battery, 88 kwhr in your case. (Maybe 90 kwhr if the promised OTA increases the usable battery capacity in the future.)

If you start on a trip and are driving faster than normal, or it's very cold, or you are eating headwinds, or all three, that average number will be much lower. If it's now 2.2 miles/kwhr, your range is now 2.2*88, not 2.7*88. A big difference, of course.

The initial reading when you get into the car does not know how fast you will drive on this trip, and doesn't take into account weather conditions and elevation changes, although that capability is promised in the future and needed. So the initial number is simply not very accurate.

You can make the initial number much bigger by driving at 40 mph for 400 miles, but it won't actually improve your range. It will just be hugely wrong when you decide to drive on a trip at 80 mph in a headwind.

Basically, all you really care about when you get into the car is the SOC--85% or 100% or whatever. Then you have do math.

fwiw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts