Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone who knows if there wille be (little) navigation directions available on the driver dash?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh, that would be nice; just need the next turn and the distance away so you don’t have to divert your gaze farther away from the road with the big screen. I have heard nothing, but it seems like something they could have added pretty easy. Good feedback to leave.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would require a "minor" software update, whilst all the necessary data are available in the car, even already on the main screen.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maybe I’m thinking of a different vehicle but thought they said it will show turn by turn just no map but maybe that was a different vehicle

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be quiet enough, but I have not seen any sign of it in alle the video's we could see so far.

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts
On my 2018 Fusion with Sync 3, to the right of the speedometer it displays the upcoming turn with a big arrow, the name of the street your turning on to, the distance to the turn, and a little speed limit sign. The system also gives voice prompts and a soft chime when it’s time to turn through the audio speakers (It lowers the music temporarily so you don’t miss the instructions). I quickly look at the main nav screen sometimes because it shows a 3D graphic explaining turns at complex intersections, including overpasses and elevations.

I’ve had Sync in my cars through it’s various versions. Each release has gotten better and better. I can’t imagine Ford would make the new Sync 4 system with less capabilities than the one it replaces.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This photo of the front display does suggest some navigation information will appear on the front display. The yellow arrow points to the "Checkered Flag" symbol which on most navigation systems typically indicates the destination has been reached. I would expect other nav info would be displayed as well. I would love to see a small speed limit sign next to the speed reading. My Lincoln has that and it is great on unfamiliar roads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just want Waze on the big screen.
Sync 3 lets me put Waze on the nav screen with Android Auto in my 2018 F150, and Sync 4 is supposed to have Android Auto as well. My biggest complaint with Sync 3 is that Waze takes up the entire screen. There's no option to split the screen between Waze and the XM radio details like you can with the regular nav screen. The Mach E screen is so much larger that I'm hoping we have a lot of configuration options with how we arrange things on the screen.

·
Super Moderator
991 Posts
Sync 3 lets me put Waze on the nav screen with Android Auto in my 2018 F150, and Sync 4 is supposed to have Android Auto as well. My biggest complaint with Sync 3 is that Waze takes up the entire screen. There's no option to split the screen between Waze and the XM radio details like you can with the regular nav screen. The Mach E screen is so much larger that I'm hoping we have a lot of configuration options with how we arrange things on the screen.
at the Mach E launch, they mentioned android auto and CarPlay don’t take over the entire screen, but run simultaneously with other windows. So waze can run right next to the built in nav maps, if you wanted to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This photo of the front display does suggest some navigation information will appear on the front display. The yellow arrow points to the "Checkered Flag" symbol which on most navigation systems typically indicates the destination has been reached. I would expect other nav info would be displayed as well. I would love to see a small speed limit sign next to the speed reading. My Lincoln has that and it is great on unfamiliar roads.
View attachment 737
That would be exact what I hoped for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
On my 2018 Fusion with Sync 3, to the right of the speedometer it displays the upcoming turn with a big arrow, the name of the street your turning on to, the distance to the turn, and a little speed limit sign. The system also gives voice prompts and a soft chime when it’s time to turn through the audio speakers (It lowers the music temporarily so you don’t miss the instructions). I quickly look at the main nav screen sometimes because it shows a 3D graphic explaining turns at complex intersections, including overpasses and elevations.

I’ve had Sync in my cars through it’s various versions. Each release has gotten better and better. I can’t imagine Ford would make the new Sync 4 system with less capabilities than the one it replaces.
Sync 3 is THE bomb. It does exactly like what is written here plus it automatically reroutes you with traffic. One more thing to consider. With car play you can use Waze which has a setting for electric cars. The choice is yours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts