Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Official Representative
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never miss a software update!
  1. Set a recurring schedule: For more complex software updates, your vehicle cannot be driven during the installation (typically up to 1 hour). We recommend setting a recurring schedule for a time when your vehicle is not needed (like overnight).
  2. Confirm you have Automatic Updates ON: Most software updates happen in the background while you are driving as long as you have automatic updates toggled ON. This setting is ON by default but we ask that you check your settings screen to confirm.

Both actions can be completed from the settings screen in your vehicle. Click here for step by step instructions.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,193 Posts
  1. Set a recurring schedule: For more complex software updates, your vehicle cannot be driven during the installation (typically up to 1 hour). We recommend setting a recurring schedule for a time when your vehicle is not needed (like overnight).
  2. Confirm you have Automatic Updates ON: Most software updates happen in the background while you are driving as long as you have automatic updates toggled ON. This setting is ON by default but we ask that you check your settings screen to confirm.

Both actions can be completed from the settings screen in your vehicle. Click here for step by step instructions.
While these features are activated on my MMe perhaps a notice in Ford Pass of a pending update would be helpful

·
Registered
35 Posts

Please see the other responses. I have had one update in 6 month regarding Blue Cruise mapping

·
Registered
2021, Premium, AWD, Shadow Black
123 Posts
That's great, I set those the moment I picked up my Mach-E, yet it seems I'm still on 1.7.1 (at least 10 updates behind others) and I have never actually received an update.

Would be great if those updates actually became available to everyone in a somewhat consistent way.
I would go into a dealership over this. See what the issue is. Make them fix it.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
173 Posts

I bought a First Edition and still do not have the updates required for Blue Cruise. I have scheduled the updates daily but the last update was 9 months ago. It is 15 months since I have owned the car. Hoping the dealer will be successful in performing the update

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought a First Edition and still do not have the updates required for Blue Cruise. I have scheduled the updates daily but the last update was 9 months ago. It is 15 months since I have owned the car. Hoping the dealer will be successful in performing the update
I too have a first edition that i received 15 months ago and had to have the dealer replace a module that hindered the installation of OTA updates. However I STILL don't have BlueCruise and just received 2.7.4 just a few days ago (from comments on this message board I am still 3 -4 updates away from BlueCruise). Seems that Ford is not giving any priority to FE's which is disappointing since we were the ones that paid a premium for our version.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,193 Posts
I too have a first edition that i received 15 months ago and had to have the dealer replace a module that hindered the installation of OTA updates. However I STILL don't have BlueCruise and just received 2.7.4 just a few days ago (from comments on this message board I am still 3 -4 updates away from BlueCruise). Seems that Ford is not giving any priority to FE's which is disappointing since we were the ones that paid a premium for our version.
How Ford is handling OTA updates remains one of the great unanswered questions 'like which came first the chicken or the egg'

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took mine into my dealer and they fixed the issue. Blue Cruise cannot update at your home, they need it at the dealer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I took mine into my dealer and they fixed the issue. Blue Cruise cannot update at your home, they need it at the dealer.
Not true my Blue Cruise updated over the air. I bought my Mache a year ago April. After about 3 months of not receiving any updates, started receiving updates about 3 weeks ago some of them required my car to be in a secure spot. After 2.81 my car had Blue Cruise. Two more updates arrived after Blue Cruise I am at 2.8.3. All from home OTA my car hasn’t been to the dealer since it’s 10,000 mile checkup in November. Under normal circumstances Blue. Raise will update at home over OTA

·
Registered
2 Posts

It doesn’t work consistently. Ford website says it needs updates. Car says it’s up to date. I also know it needs updates. So now I have to trek to a dealership that will probably be confused and unable to help as well.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There is obviously an algorithm at Ford that governs which vehicles get what updates and when. Geography is most likely considered in that algorithm, as are local legal issues (such as country or region specific requirements). Add to that the fact that not all OTA updates are successful on all vehicles (requiring some type of individual, targeted remedial action, probably manually initiated), so that adds yet another variable into the OTA update mix.
This is a complex, "overly constrained" problem, with which Ford is a neophyte, run by humans that have not yet progressed far up the maturity curve on this "new to them" technology adoption. It is hard to predict with any accuracy what or when things will happen from Ford directly.
Given recent comments by Mr. Farley, in the future the EV lines will be sold direct, online, no dealer involved. That leaves the dealer to do service, i.e. the service that can't be performed with an OTA update, on a car they have never seen before. So the dealers are in shock mode. Their pillars are shaken. Their business model under extreme pressure.
As with Ford in general, It is hard to predict with any accuracy what or when things will happen from Ford dealers.
Sound familiar?

·
Registered
Late 2021 Iconic Silver Premium eAWD
47 Posts
While these features are activated on my MMe perhaps a notice in Ford Pass of a pending update would be helpful
How about a way in FordPass to see what version you have in the vehicle? Most other 'app-cessories' on the market do that with the hardware they're associated with. 😔

·
Registered
47 Posts
So, can someone tell me just exactly how/where you find the version in the vehicle? In the software updates screen it simply says that my software is up to date. Well, that's helpful!

·
Registered
145 Posts
So, can someone tell me just exactly how/where you find the version in the vehicle? In the software updates screen it simply says that my software is up to date. Well, that's helpful!
I had the same situation until i received update 2.7.1, then the update screen started showing me the version again. I do not know any other way but to maybe look at your Ford Pass apron your phone , Vehicle tab, under "recent changes". Mine shows June 1, 2022 and if I tap that it shows me 2.7.4.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same situation until i received update 2.7.1, then the update screen started showing me the version again. I do not know any other way but to maybe look at your Ford Pass apron your phone , Vehicle tab, under "recent changes". Mine shows June 1, 2022 and if I tap that it shows me 2.7.4.
Maybe it’s me, but I’m in the FordPass app probably 10 times a day, and I don’t see a “recent changes” in the vehicle tab.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E RWD TP+
38 Posts
Wow, I just received my first ever OTA update! Can anyone tell me what was just installed? Is this something new or a version that others have already had last year?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Are You on the latest version of the app? Mine is 4.16.1. Vehicle tab, help box , tap Device information Box.
Yeah, thanks for that, it only tells me the app version which is current. I want to know which version of the software the car is running. I can see in the messages section that there was an update to BlieCruise in Feb 22, but no versioning info at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts