Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I took delivery of my MME in July of 2021. I too started getting an update notification from Ford, on my MME after 2.7.0. that showed the version number. After a few days I got 2.7.1. Next day I am now at 2.7.2.

2.7.2 said it addressed a complaint about braking to "now give a much smoother braking experience". Didn't know it was broke, but they fixed it. Actually, just the opposite. Now when I apply the brake, the brakes pulsate fast, like a machine gun. Not loud, but definite pedal and vehicle sensation that is a rapid pulsing of the brakes. Hope a next update will fix that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yeah, thanks for that, it only tells me the app version which is current. I want to know which version of the software the car is running. I can see in the messages section that there was an update to BlieCruise in Feb 22, but no versioning info at all.
See the two attachments from my Ford Pass app that shows the software version. Hope this is helpful.

Attachments

·
Registered
Late 2021 Iconic Silver Premium eAWD
47 Posts
See the two attachments from my Ford Pass app that shows the software version. Hope this is helpful.
Thanks again man. I dunno, here’s the screen shot from my app, and it shows nothing. I took delivery in December 2021, maybe it’s the most current but why won’t the FordPass app show the software version? I have a feeling they’re trying to dumb this whole thing down for the ‘proletariat’, but we’re technocrats aren’t we? That’s why we care about this stuff right? Ford’s just gotta get their software act together. They just do_Jim_Farley….

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hey all, just to add my experience to these updates.

Got the brake update, it ruined the driving experience for me.
Unbridled - removing foot from gas applies a hefty one pedal drive brake(I have this feature turned off). I could never use unbridled due to the one pedal drive issue (again, I prefer it off) and you can't remove it on unbridled.

I use to drive whisper, but now whisper does a sort of "Cruise" when you let go of gas, you don't actually lose speed like rolling, it just kinda holds the speed. So don't use that anymore.

Going with the mid tier now, the brake feels harsh, skips sometimes, jerks the gas. Hope I can roll that back or they apply a new patch.

I went to dealership at 10k miles, scheduled for the manual service..I have auto updates turned on. Dealership needs my car back since I am missing 16 updates.

Dropping car off this weekend, will let you know my experience after the updates and bluecruise are applied.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Got the brake update, it ruined the driving experience for me.
Unbridled - removing foot from gas applies a hefty one pedal drive brake(I have this feature turned off). I could never use unbridled due to the one pedal drive issue (again, I prefer it off) and you can't remove it on unbridled.
Hmm, not my experience at all. I just flipped back to one-pedal OFF this am, then flipped it back ON to one-pedal while in Unbridled mode. I've always had that capability in Unbridled mode. I've done it a number of times when I have guest drivers who would be unsettled by the sudden slowing. Flipping it ON to OFF provides a fairly dramatic difference in abruptness of slowing. I prefer Unbridled and one-pedal. My car is currently at Update 2.7.4. I'm letting all the updates come OTA since I feel there is less chance of a software snafu. That works as long as you have lots of patience. I can't speak to the other driving modes. Everyone is different so that is why the choices are there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks again man. I dunno, here’s the screen shot from my app, and it shows nothing. I took delivery in December 2021, maybe it’s the most current but why won’t the FordPass app show the software version? I have a feeling they’re trying to dumb this whole thing down for the ‘proletariat’, but we’re technocrats aren’t we? That’s why we care about this stuff right? Ford’s just gotta get their software act together. They just do_Jim_Farley…. View attachment 8107
No problem, just trying to be helpful as many people have been helpful to me on this forum, everyone has been great! My only guess is that you are in the updates that didn’t reflect any version, had that that prior to receiving 2.7.1, then all of a sudden I had the version showing up again. Sorry I couldn’t have solved it for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After being stuck at FordPower-Up 1.7.1 for about 6 months, my car (CR1 RWD) has now done about 4 updates in the past few weeks to get to FordPower-Up 2.7.4. Although I scheduled updates for 1am every day of the week and I have WiFi access in my garage, it still does many updates while I am driving around. Then, I sometimes get "spooky weird" behavior for an hour or so after the update or update attempt, such as (1) the touchscreen going dark, (2) touchscreen system apps becoming unreachable and (3) GPS showing me located where my car was last started rather than where I am located an hour later. None of this crap has disabled my car (yet!) but it was certainly challenging to drive with a dark touchscreen. By the way, that seemed to be fixed only after I diddled with the brightness control for the instrument cluster screen. All this wacky behavior destroys my confidence in the car, and suggests that with a bit of back luck, I could easily be left with a dead car. And one small complaint -- I thought the software change to the brakes actually made the transition from regen to disk braking less smooth. I was delighted with the smoothness of the original brakes. Maybe, not all cars behave the same?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts