Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just received my Mach-E with extended range battery. At first even though the charge showed over 90% the expected mileage was below 200 mile. Has anyone experience this?
When at home, I tried the charging cable system. I could not get the car to charge. I am using 120 volt as we are moving and my new house will have the 240 volt sockets for the charger. Anyway, the light on the charger first shows blue, then a red light blinks and then it turns to yellow and remains that way. The car will first shows the four of the five lights, but nothing changes and inside the car shows that the charge is paused. Does anyone know what the lights mean or had similar experience?
Thanks,
rareisse

·
Registered
238 Posts
A WAG that not enough amperage in the 120V/20A circuit you are using.

What does the charger manual say the lights mean?

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Rapid Red
94 Posts
Hi, I just received my Mach-E with extended range battery. At first even though the charge showed over 90% the expected mileage was below 200 mile. Has anyone experience this?
MANY MANY people. It will learn your driving style and the trip computer will start to become more realistic. May want to reset your history as well. One of the main users was showing 213 miles of range at full charge when he picked it up and 268 after getting it home and charging to 100%.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Regarding range, many have said Ford is ultra conservative. Regarding the charger, have you validated the outlet is wired correctly with power, neutral and ground? If you don’t know how to do that, I would try a different outlet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
MANY MANY people. It will learn your driving style and the trip computer will start to become more realistic. May want to reset your history as well. One of the main users was showing 213 miles of range at full charge when he picked it up and 268 after getting it home and charging to 100%.
I have had mine for about a week (a CA RT 1) and fully charged it only shows about 240 miles. I have not let it get below 50% charge but is is going > 150 miles from 100% to 50%, so seems to have the 300+ range. It almost seems that calculation of range is being done on a non-extended range battery size not the extend range.

The range at fully changed has not changed hardly at all with my driving it.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have had mine for about a week (a CA RT 1) and fully charged it only shows about 240 miles. I have not let it get below 50% charge but is is going > 150 miles from 100% to 50%, so seems to have the 300+ range. It almost seems that calculation of range is being done on a non-extended range battery size not the extend range.

The range at fully changed has not changed hardly at all with my driving it.
Did you reset the driver profile after you took delivery?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you reset the driver profile after you took delivery?
I did and have driven about 400 miles since I picked it up. The range maxes out at around 240 miles even though if I calculate range from the miles traveled and the % remaining on batteries looks like a bit north of 300 miles range.

I still am betting the range calculation is off of the battery size for a non-extended range battery. This is something that I dont think the service department in my local dealer will be able to fix.

Other suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
2,262 Posts
I did and have driven about 400 miles since I picked it up. The range maxes out at around 240 miles even though if I calculate range from the miles traveled and the % remaining on batteries looks like a bit north of 300 miles range.

I still am betting the range calculation is off of the battery size for a non-extended range battery. This is something that I dont think the service department in my local dealer will be able to fix.

Other suggestions?
Or, the GOM system is forever pessimistic?
We have to see what others with similar configuration end up with.

If you are seeing your actual trip usage pointing you just north of 300 mile range, then you may be getting the EPA range for your CA RT1, despite what the GOM says.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Resetting the driver profile raised the predicted mileage to 240 with a 92% charge. That might be about right for an all wheel drive model. Mine is a rear wheel drive version.
Has anyone tried to use a Tesla Charging station to charge their Mach-E?

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,425 Posts
No. The Tesla plugs only work on Tesla's.
Actually no: you can buy an adapter for a non Tesla vehicle to use their L2, but not L3, charging stations.

So if you take a trip to a resort in a non Tesla vehicle which has Tesla destination chargers, L2, you can use them.

Also if you have a Tesla charger at your home, the adapter will also permit you to charge your non Tesla vehicle.

Hope this clarifies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No. The Tesla plugs only work on Tesla's.
You can use a Tesla charger with an adapter. The one below is what I have. It doesnt work of course with the Tesla fast charger but other Tesla chargers, like someone would have at their home, it will work great. I have used this at work where we have some Tesla chargers and it worked well.

Lectron - Tesla to J1772 Adapter, Max 40A & 250V - Compatible with Tesla High Powered Connector, Destination Charger, and Mobile Connector (White)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Regarding range, many have said Ford is ultra conservative.
Not so much ultraconservative as showing you Actual Miles vs. Rated Miles. With Tesla they show Rated Miles which can be off by 50% vs. actual miles if it's cold and snow on the road. It can lead to issues where when you started to drive it said you'd make with with 50 miles to spare and then halfway into the trip it says slow down or you won't make it.

Tesla also shows Actual miles but it's a pages deep in the menus so people don't look at it and then get into situations.

Ford likely saw this and just went with Actual Miles which look at your last miles driven to avoid the sturn and drang of "Dude! Where are my miles!?".

Sounds like Ford has a reset button so if you did mountains yesterday and doing shore tomorrow, you can reset to get the actual range for how you are currently driving.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts