Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm not sure if Ford actually pays attention to this blog but I have a suggestion of a couple of new features I would like to see:
1) I live in SoCal and SoCal Edison has converted there meters to Digital. The Kool thing about this is that you can actually see your usage thru-out the day. I have a app 7K Solar system attached to my house. I also have an app that allows be to read my meter real time so I can see how much power I'm generating. Since Ford has created a "at Home" charger, I think that it would be nice to make a smart one. This means that there should be a mode in the charger that connects to my meter. So, if the car is connected to the charger and I'm generating more power that the house is using, it would charge the car with the excess power. I envision that it would stay around 10% below the the excess power being generated. I want it adaptable. If the Air Con turns on it would automatically reduce the power being sent to the car.
2) I'm sure you have heard that the power companies are turning off power when there are high winds. This is being done to prevent the power line causing fires... The issue is that if the power is off too long, your food could go bad. I heard of someone using a Tesla and a Volt to supply power so at least they could keep there food from going bad and at least have light at night. The issue there is that both car had to be turned back on every 2hrs or so cause the cars would automatically turn off. I think that the car should have a mode that allows it to stay on until the battery x% (selected by the user)...

I think that this would be another good selling point for this car.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
887 Posts
Here’s a nice video about how to power key parts of your home with a Nissan Leaf.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts