Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks
So I am getting a Mache-e, I live in New Jersey.
Lo and behold, last work our state just gave a 5k tax incentive (25 dollars per battery only mile up to 5k). That means, my Mache-E just got MUCH cheaper.

I don't want to get political. Please no. However, urge whoever you have to! I can't tell you how awesome it is to make 5 thousand dollars doing nothing!

·
Registered
66 Posts
The tax incentives are what is driving many EV sales. Tesla doesn't have anymore and they are seeing a decline in sales recently although the Y will certainly boost them up but the Mach E will be cheaper once incentives are included. I can get $10,500 back in various rebates and credits in California as long as the MSRP is $60,000 or less so I will get the premium RWD EX in Red instead of the first edition that would push it $400 over the limit.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Folks
So I am getting a Mache-e, I live in New Jersey.
Lo and behold, last work our state just gave a 5k tax incentive (25 dollars per battery only mile up to 5k). That means, my Mache-E just got MUCH cheaper.

I don't want to get political. Please no. However, urge whoever you have to! I can't tell you how awesome it is to make 5 thousand dollars doing nothing!
It's certainly great for the buyers getting the huge benefit. (Not so great for all the taxpayers making up the difference, of course.)

You guys in NJ actually get a bigger benefit than that, since they also exempt EVs from the 6.625% state sales tax. That's another $3k-$4k subsidy toward a Mach-e.

I'm in CO where we have a similar state income tax credit for EVs (was $5000, drops to $4000 this year and $2500 then next two). While I think it stinks as fair tax policy, I'll happily pocket my tax credit next year since I've been paying for other people's with my taxes for years (state and federal). Be nice to finally be on the benefitting end for a change. ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am in California, I only see the Fed tax credit of 7500. Are there other incentives in California?

·
Registered
275 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts