Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

New Jersey Mach E buyers.. Anyone gotten the Ford 5K Certificate yet?

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  jdf66epi 
#1 ·
Been looking forward to our new Mach E, but it has been a super convoluted and confused journey so far, and it looks like its going to get even more bizarre.

Ordered Dec 4 last year. Got build date May 26 finally.

NJ EV program ran out of money EOY 20, so tough luck for all NJ buyers of MME.

Ford then announces the right thing, which is IT will step in and cover the 5K that the NJ program offered.

BUT, the big but? No one really knows if that's 5K of MSRP, or simply 5K off the sticker.

If its 5K off MSRP, then no sales tax. If its 5K off the total, then it barely covers the sales tax and is net zero in many cases

My paint selection (like many others) pushed our MSRP a few hundred over the 55K NJ limit..

Any fellow NJ MME buyers here deal with this yet?

#2 ·
There is NO sales tax in NJ on an electric car.....also you don't need an inspection sticker, because BEV's don't need to get inspected......as far as the $5000 is concerned, I'm not sure how that all works w/ Ford.....some of us met the deadline (order before 12-15-20, get car by 3-15-21, and complete all paperwork for Charge Up NJ) and were approved or not and are waiting for this summer when incentives will begin again.....

#3 ·
These threads might help you out a bit @nanohead.

#16 ·
Hey NJ Mach E! Same here, took delivery late July and on pickup finance took off $2100 for State of NJ. That was off of everything from what I saw. I'm also going to take advantage of the $7500 tax credit, the tax credit offered by Atlantic City Electric for my home charging station. That all was part of my incentive to order it back in March. I have not heard about Ford covering anything else. Jersey Mach E..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.