Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome! Great to have another future owner here. (Although I still haven't ordered mine...)
Keep us updated on when you hear of any delivery info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the forum! What made you decide to order your Mach-E?
Thanks! I have been looking for an “affordable” attractive electric car. I was interested in the Hyundai Kona Electric but I couldn’t get one in Atlanta. I like the look of Tesla but the cost adds up quickly during configuration. Then I saw the Mach E and fell in love.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Thanks! I have been looking for an “affordable” attractive electric car. I was interested in the Hyundai Kona Electric but I couldn’t get one in Atlanta. I like the look of Tesla but the cost adds up quickly during configuration. Then I saw the Mach E and fell in love.
I've been intent on getting a BEV as soon as my convertible is paid off next February, and until the Mach E reveal the options were either econoboxes or the too-expensive-without-the-tax-credit model 3. It's particularly ridiculous that the 3 comes with the ugliest wheels anyone has ever made, although I suspect that is a ploy for the base price to seem $1500 cheaper because almost everyone will want the nicer wheels. I am guessing the same is true for paint color - $2000 for red paint is ludicrous. Now that the E is here I am jumping on the chance to get a sexy car for about what I am paying on my convertible (with the tax credits).

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've been intent on getting a BEV as soon as my convertible is paid off next February, and until the Mach E reveal the options were either econoboxes or the too-expensive-without-the-tax-credit model 3. It's particularly ridiculous that the 3 comes with the ugliest wheels anyone has ever made, although I suspect that is a ploy for the base price to seem $1500 cheaper because almost everyone will want the nicer wheels.
Actually those ugly wheels on the model 3 are not wheels at all. They are caps and they are removable. The actual wheels beneath are REALLY nice, I actually prefer them to the more expensive ones.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Actually those ugly wheels on the model 3 are not wheels at all. They are caps and they are removable. The actual wheels beneath are REALLY nice, I actually prefer them to the more expensive ones.
REALLY! Wow, that's interesting. Do you have pics of what the wheels underneath look like?

EDIT: answered my own question:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've been intent on getting a BEV as soon as my convertible is paid off next February, and until the Mach E reveal the options were either econoboxes or the too-expensive-without-the-tax-credit model 3. It's particularly ridiculous that the 3 comes with the ugliest wheels anyone has ever made, although I suspect that is a ploy for the base price to seem $1500 cheaper because almost everyone will want the nicer wheels. I am guessing the same is true for paint color - $2000 for red paint is ludicrous. Now that the E is here I am jumping on the chance to get a sexy car for about what I am paying on my convertible (with the tax credits).
It's for range/aerodynamics. I think the Mach-E select has some similiar looking wheels.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Not yet. I’m planning on taking a trip to the Detroit auto show this June to see it. That’s assuming that the dealer test drives don’t happen before then.
Usually Ford and their dealers are super tight-lipped around times like this so anything can happen at any moment.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's for range/aerodynamics. I think the Mach-E select has some similiar looking wheels.
If you go into the model 3 configurator, the wheels on the rendering look like solid black disks. I don't know if that is a recent change, since the video has silverish covers instead of matte black. There is a guy in my office building that has a white model 3 with those black wheels and the combo is absolutely hideous. At least the wheels on the mach-e select are silver/gray and have cutouts to give them SOME style, and they look ok with red or black paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts