Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, I saw an opportunity to reserve an unallocated grabber blue First Edition, and decided to pay the $500 deposit and reserve it. It’s already been built, and the dealer is awaiting delivery (with the exact delivery date TBD).

On the one hand I’m pretty excited to get this new vehicle, and feel somewhat confident I understand what I’m getting in terms of performance, charging, range, etc (I owned a volt for 4 years and have owned my Bolt for 3 years).

On the other hand, I feel like I’m over-paying. I understand why this First Edition became available given its price differential over the MME premium.

So I guess I’m both excited and reluctant, and I hope this forum is as informative and useful as was/is the Chevy Bolt forum.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2021 Mach E Premium 4x
325 Posts
I drove the Bolt and it's a fun ride, but it is compact. I'm expecting the Mach E to be a lot like the Model Y, wickedly enjoyable to drive as well as large enough for the family. Hope you like the new acquisition.

·
Super Moderator
2,793 Posts
Today, I saw an opportunity to reserve an unallocated grabber blue First Edition, and decided to pay the $500 deposit and reserve it. It’s already been built, and the dealer is awaiting delivery (with the exact delivery date TBD).

On the one hand I’m pretty excited to get this new vehicle, and feel somewhat confident I understand what I’m getting in terms of performance, charging, range, etc (I owned a volt for 4 years and have owned my Bolt for 3 years).

On the other hand, I feel like I’m over-paying. I understand why this First Edition became available given its price differential over the MME premium.

So I guess I’m both excited and reluctant, and I hope this forum is as informative and useful as was/is the Chevy Bolt forum.

Cheers!
Welcome! And congratulations!
The FE is the only way to get Grabber Blue in a non GT trim. So if that, plus cutting the line, is worth the difference between the premium ER/AWD and the FE MSRP, then go for it.

I wouldn’t pay over the FE MSRP, though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome! And congratulations!
The FE is the only way to get Grabber Blue in a non GT trim. So if that, plus cutting the line, is worth the difference between the premium ER/AWD and the FE MSRP, then go for it.

I wouldn’t pay over the FE MSRP, though.
Thanks. This FE became available and I jumped on it. The combination of it already being built (delivery TBD) and the cool color made me willing to pay the FE premium.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
148 Posts

Cheers!
I also own a Chevy Bolt 2017 and have enjoyed it for 3 years. I am also buying a FE in Grabber blue. The extra cost in my view is worth it just for the colour and other little details. I have visited my dealer and sat in a Mach E premium AWD. It is comfortable and well built. Yes paying full MSRP is not great but more importantly is long term satisfaction which I believe this car will satisfy our needs. The Bolt was a great introduction to BEV. The Mustang Mach-E ticks all our boxes for function, size, safety and comfort.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,213 Posts

Cheers!
Look on the bright side, it will be more than one year before I get to drive the Mach E Premium that I ordered. If I could have walked into a dealer and snagged a MMe I'd be 'walking on air'. Welcome and let us know how it is when you pick it up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mach E Select / star white with comfort / appearance package. Build date week of Jan 4
Attended a tour in Southern Calif
Will be 2nd family car. Primary 2020 Highlander hybrid.
Southern Highlands Las Vegas

1 - 7 of 7 Posts