Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi this is Ron from Germany, who wants to say „Hello“ to everybody. I reserved a Mach E Standard Range earlier this week and I am happy to join this community.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ron!

What do you drive now?

And be sure to add your info to our tracking sheet!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride a CX-5 SUV now. Personally, I like Mazda and their innovative engine technology very much. But obviously, they took the wrong turn to the age of EV. Their approach, to build only small range EV with lightweight batteries like the MX-30, is not what I think is needed for customer demands. That‘s why I decided to move on and buy a Mach E.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I ride a CX-5 SUV now. Personally, I like Mazda and their innovative engine technology very much. But obviously, they took the wrong turn to the age of EV. Their approach, to build only small range EV with lightweight batteries like the MX-30, is not what I think is needed for customer demands. That‘s why I decided to move on and buy a Mach E.
The MX-30 news was pretty surprising. I remember they teased it as their first ever EV... and then we find out it's only sort of an EV. Very much the Chevy Volt philosophy of a range extender.

Apparently it did just go into production the other day though.

I'm surprised that it might actually beat the MME to market.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
967 Posts
The MX-30 news was pretty surprising. I remember they teased it as their first ever EV... and then we find out it's only sort of an EV. Very much the Chevy Volt philosophy of a range extender.
Am I missing something? I don't see anything in the specs or writeup about a range extender.

The MX-30 is interesting. With the small, sporty look and suicide doors it's more of a BMW i3 competitor. I think the 120 mile range will be a killer as I doubt any BEV buyer would accept less than 200 now.

·
Registered
649 Posts
You could be right @Chasing Coral . I just looked at some more info and it appears it's a pure EV... for now.

Rumors of a range extender here

And this seems to be a confirmation:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, the MX-30 will get a version with efficient combustion engine, which serves as a range extender later. But once again, If I want to go electric, then I want to go electric - without any compromises. Thats why Mazda will lose me. I hope, they take their second chance and maybe electrify the next generation Mazda 6 or CX-5.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts