Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,105 Posts
Hi all, I'm a new member from mass. I put in a GT order about a year ago, and I'm tempted to upgrade to the performance variant. Current car is a 2013 audi s6, and while ill miss the V8, I won't miss waking up to realize I need to replace my steering rack.
Welcome, I had an S5 and I don't think that given the off the line instant torque on BEVs especially the GT you will miss the V8 TOO munch. Back in 2011 I bought a Caddy CTS V with 556HP and 550 ft. lbs. of torque. The HP was fun on my cross Nevada, California and Utah (80 MPH posted limit) however it was the insane torque curve that "made my day". Also the Caddy had the incredible MagnaRide suspension which it's my understanding is on the GT. Ultimately the fractional difference in time between the GT and Performance Mod. is something only you can decide is a must have item. Again welcome.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man--I'm sure you're right and I've always wanted a CTS-V. That said, it just doesn't make sense to buy a car like that anymore, which is kind of why I think buying the MME is a cool part of automotive history to be a part of.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The 0-60 one upmanship is just plain getting stupid, might even be dangerous for those who are not used to performance cars.

A worry bead is that some reviewers have indicated is that the acceleration starts to slow/give out around 30MPH. IMO the more useful acceleration is say... between 30-60 and 50-70. I'd be interested in seeing if the GT and the GT Performance Edition improves upon this.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum @Ahahah . Those V8 Audis were special for sure.

What made you pick the Mach-E?
1) I have a good relationship with a local Ford dealer and have gotten all of my wife's cars their.
2) I've had a few friends and neighbors who've had bad Tesla experiences.
3) I know it's a dramatically different car, but I've always had a I thing for the Focus RS. Not a realistic car for me by any stretch of the imagination, but I think some of the fun of that car should come through in the MME GTs. Moreso than in the Tesla performance lines.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
The 0-60 one upmanship is just plain getting stupid, might even be dangerous for those who are not used to performance cars.

A worry bead is that some reviewers have indicated is that the acceleration starts to slow/give out around 30MPH. IMO the more useful acceleration is say... between 30-60 and 50-70. I'd be interested in seeing if the GT and the GT Performance Edition improves upon this.
The SR/AWD was the config TFL complained about. The ER/AWD reviews said there was plenty of power in the passing bands. GT should be killer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm leaning towards Dark Matter Gray - red calipers on a blue or orange care would drive me nuts.
I forgot about Dark Matter Grey. That'll look great too based on these photos.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yeah, it would be a great way to build excitement right? Wish I could go dark Matter Gray with blue calipers
We don't states great car cultures. There are places where it's commonplace to have the calipers painted. There's demand so there is lots of guys providing the service at competitive prices.

If you really want blue calipers, I'd bet you can find someone trustworthy in MA to do it for ~$3-500. Your dealer might be able to recommend a shop.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We don't states great car cultures. There are places where it's commonplace to have the calipers painted. There's demand so there is lots of guys providing the service at competitive prices.

If you really want blue calipers, I'd bet you can find someone trustworthy in MA to do it for ~$3-500. Your dealer might be able to recommend a shop.
Yeah, I like to keep stock parts as pristine as I can. That said, if Ford doesn't come out with a winter wheels package I may end up at least buying a set of winter tires (assuming I go performance), if not a full winter tire/wheel set and I could probably tie calipers into that.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yeah, I like to keep stock parts as pristine as I can. That said, if Ford doesn't come out with a winter wheels package I may end up at least buying a set of winter tires (assuming I go performance), if not a full winter tire/wheel set and I could probably tie calipers into that.
It's not unusual for BEVs to go 100K miles before the first brake job.
I'm really liking the look of the GT wheels, At the first tire change, I may put Winter tires on my stock Premium wheels and get a set of GT wheels with Summer tires. I'd bet I'll lose a little range (rolling resistance) but gain a whole lot of performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's not unusual for BEVs to go 100K miles before the first brake job.
I'm really liking the look of the GT wheels, At the first tire change, I may put Winter tires on my stock Premium wheels and get a set of GT wheels with Summer tires. I'd bet I'll lose a little range (rolling resistance) but gain a whole lot of performance.
I'm considering having the calipers on the Star While Premium done in Yellow. I don't understand why Ford doesn't offer a choice.
It's a really easy $1k they could make.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Each additional configuration option adds complexity to manufacturing, and thus adds to cost.
I think they want to keep the first production year simple.
But taking a look at the F150 configuration options (crazy number of permutations), Ford is actually good at this sort of thing.
Who knows... We might actually see these options once the GT orders start.
IMO this is a competitive advantage. Check out this conversation on Tesla customizations.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts