Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Rapid Red
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been researching a lot but needed to make sure the interior was roomy enough for the kids, one of whom is bigger than I am. Local dealer received their demo model last week so went on a test drive. Couldn’t find anything not to like, so I went on a quest. Found a dealership that had an “extra” one inbound (dealer’s owner’s wife ordered it and then gave up when it was delayed) AND was selling for MSRP. Had all my wife’s requirements: Red Premium AWD ER so we dropped a deposit. Would have preferred Black Onyx Interior but not upset by the Light Space Grey. Salesman called me to confirm I wanted it (as I sit here ice fishing) and took a credit card deposit. They expect to take delivery in Mid-March and I expect to take delivery a few days later. Will be our first EV. Enjoying reading everyone’s experiences and can’t wait to share my own.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Been researching a lot but needed to make sure the interior was roomy enough for the kids, one of whom is bigger than I am. Local dealer received their demo model last week so went on a test drive. Couldn’t find anything not to like, so I went on a quest. Found a dealership that had an “extra” one inbound (dealer’s owner’s wife ordered it and then gave up when it was delayed) AND was selling for MSRP. Had all my wife’s requirements: Red Premium AWD ER so we dropped a deposit. Would have preferred Black Onyx Interior but not upset by the Light Space Grey. Salesman called me to confirm I wanted it (as I sit here ice fishing) and took a credit card deposit. They expect to take delivery in Mid-March and I expect to take delivery a few days later. Will be our first EV. Enjoying reading everyone’s experiences and can’t wait to share my own.
It is great that you were able to place a deposit on an MME. If delivery schedules remain as it has for many, it will be great for you to get it sooner.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is great that you were able to place a deposit on an MME. If delivery schedules remain as it has for many, it will be great for you to get it sooner.
I’m not cancelling my order ( placed a few days ago after the test drive) until I have this one in-hand. Just to be safe. But pretty excited to think I might not have to wait for Ford to get around to building mine.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the club @Murse-In-Airy! Very fortunate that you don't have to wait long for your Mach-E! What convinced you and your wife to go for it?
We wanted to decrease our carbon consumption so started looking at hybrids. Nothing too small as my Saint of a Wife does the whole Soccer Mom thing and our kids are mid-teenage years. We went out and started test driving. Nothing hybrid quite fit for us except the Highlander. She saw an ad for the Mach-E and jokingly told me that she’d take a mustang. I started researching. The size seemed about right. We looked closely at her driving. Furthest she goes is to Albany, 180 miles. Most days it’s not more than 30-40. Looked into charging, and it’s feasible. It will only be getting easier as the Evolve NY network comes online. So we talked to our dealer and got the first Test Drive when they got their demo in. I couldn’t find a single thing not to like. She took to it very quickly, even really liking one pedal driving. She normally hates new stuff, so that said a lot.
So here I am with one on order, a different one on deposit, and the Dealer just called to say while it wasn’t expected until mid-March, it showed up at noon today. Some things are meant to be.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like I will be getting mine on Wednesday or Friday, depending on when I can get a day off from my work. And depending on when they can get the rubber floor mats. The person who originally ordered did not order the rubber floor mats, here in snow country that seems ridiculous. So the dealer ordered them today and is letting me know when they arrive. He said it should only take a couple days to come in.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,662 Posts
Looks like I will be getting mine on Wednesday or Friday, depending on when I can get a day off from my work. And depending on when they can get the rubber floor mats. The person who originally ordered did not order the rubber floor mats, here in snow country that seems ridiculous. So the dealer ordered them today and is letting me know when they arrive. He said it should only take a couple days to come in.
You are going to love it. Congratulations! Here in Nevada we don't need rubber mats , just a central dust vac.🤧

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That's great news congrats! Be sure to share some photos when you pick it up!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts