Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

The wife and I are at sixty and have decided to start spending the kids' inheritances! We are planning to order a Mach E Premium soon after we had a successful test drive.

Any purchasing information especially for Central Florida is appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Flagler Beach FL owner here.

#1 Choose an associated dealer that does not mark up beyond MSRP.
#2 Choose a dealer that does not have a "Document Fee" (Some are $899)
#3 Get a sample purchase document from dealer that shows all charges.
#4 Use X plan pricing for deal, Choose dealer that accepts X plan pricing.
(If you join Mustang club of America for $50, yon qualify for X plan pricing after 90 days of membership,
so by the time your MME comes on , it will be past 90 days)

Do buy from Mullinax Ford in Florida!!!

They meet all the above criteria. Noone else does!

Good Luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW.

Thank you for this very thoughtful response. Mullinax salesman verbally told me most of the above, glad to know it is true!

Nice fellow, Army veteran and now a reservist! I joined MCA but didn't understand I don't have to wait the 90 days before ordering LOL. Guess I will go see the salesman this week.

We are looking at the Premium AWD. Wife and I turned 60, time to spend the kids' inheritances.

·
Registered
3 Posts
WOW.

Thank you for this very thoughtful response. Mullinax salesman verbally told me most of the above, glad to know it is true!

Nice fellow, Army veteran and now a reservist! I joined MCA but didn't understand I don't have to wait the 90 days before ordering LOL. Guess I will go see the salesman this week.

We are looking at the Premium AWD. Wife and I turned 60, time to spend the kids' inheritances.

You can order now!!

To get X plan, you must be a member for 90 days. So by the time you take delivery (90 days plus) you will be eligible.
So it is when you sign the final contract at delivery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Flagler Beach FL owner here.

#1 Choose an associated dealer that does not mark up beyond MSRP.
#2 Choose a dealer that does not have a "Document Fee" (Some are $899)
#3 Get a sample purchase document from dealer that shows all charges.
#4 Use X plan pricing for deal, Choose dealer that accepts X plan pricing.
(If you join Mustang club of America for $50, yon qualify for X plan pricing after 90 days of membership,
so by the time your MME comes on , it will be past 90 days)

Do buy from Mullinax Ford in Florida!!!

They meet all the above criteria. Noone else does!

Good Luck
I‘m in Lakeland and ordered a Premium AWD SR in mid October. (Actually ordered two 😬).
I test drove at Mullinax in Kissimmee and was impressed. I ordered when I was there.
I would recommend ordering online. Easier to track.
Now I continue to impatiently await for a production date so I can then wait for production, etc.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,901 Posts
Good day,

The wife and I are at sixty and have decided to start spending the kids' inheritances! We are planning to order a Mach E Premium soon after we had a successful test drive.

Any purchasing information especially for Central Florida is appreciated!
Welcome, I remember when I was 60, I was trying hard to spend my kids inheritance and still doing a great job of it 14 years later. 🤑

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I‘m in Lakeland and ordered a Premium AWD SR in mid October. (Actually ordered two 😬).
I test drove at Mullinax in Kissimmee and was impressed. I ordered when I was there.
I would recommend ordering online. Easier to track.
Now I continue to impatiently await for a production date so I can then wait for production, etc.
Welcome to the forum. Did you consider any other EVs before deciding to go with the Mach-E?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Did you consider any other EVs before deciding to go with the Mach-E?
The $7500 tax credit is a big deal for me. I started looking at the VW ID 4 and Volvo XC40. I wasn’t even considering the Mach E. I don’t like the interior styling on the ID 4 or the trunk layout. I then discovered the Mach E and was debating between it and the Volvo. I like the more SUV look of the Volvo and that I could get it right away, but they don’t have a setup for Apple CarPlay and don’t seem to have a timeline of when it could be an option.

I’m coming out of a car that doesn’t really have any tech (other than Bluetooth). Why spend close to $60k on a brand new car without that tech? I test drove both and loved the feel of the MME. I’m female and 5’1” so sightlines and how I sit in the driver’s seat felt better in the Ford. I also like the frunk better, the large screen, and maybe the BlueCruise.

Finally, and probably the biggest factor, is available dealers. I’m in Lakeland. There are 6 Ford dealers within 30 minutes of me, plus one across from my job. The Volvo dealer is 45-60 minutes away. I work 50-60 hours a week and this is a brand new car with lots of new tech and systems. My excitement for a new car would fade fast when I’d be driving an hour for service if things weren’t working right.

Sorry for the long answer! 😬

1 - 9 of 9 Posts