1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello!

Date reservation placed: 01/05/2020
Reservation ID number: 10029845
Premium - Rapid Red Metallic - Light Space Grey Interior - Extended Range Battery - RWD
FL, 33462

I purchased and still own a 2012 Chevy Volt since Oct, 2011. It convinced me of the advantages of electric driving. It has been a very reliable vehicle for me.

We leased a Ford C-Max Energi in 2015 for two years, hoping there would be many more choices available by the end of 2017.... Good car, not enough all electric range.

Leased a Chevy Bolt in Nov, 2017 for three years for the same reasons. It is a great vehicle but not the one I want to purchase.

Then Ford announced the Mach-e. If it is as good as the specs, This is the car we will purchase.....

Just joined the Mustang Club of America to get the Plan X discount.

Jim

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was waiting for GM to introduce something new, but I don't think they are going to do it in 2021.

Looked at the Volvo XC40 Recharge, but the range is a step down from what I already have.

VW? Unknown when they will get to the USA.

Tesla model Y - I am very unsure about not having local service.

Jim

·
Registered
761 Posts
Was waiting for GM to introduce something new, but I don't think they are going to do it in 2021.

Looked at the Volvo XC40 Recharge, but the range is a step down from what I already have.

VW? Unknown when they will get to the USA.

Tesla model Y - I am very unsure about not having local service.

Jim
Welcome Jim. The only new thing that GM has announced so far is the new electric Hummer. Which is still a few years away. I’m also with you on Tesla, their customer service is iffy at best from my understanding.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just wanted to say hello!

Premium - Rapid Red Metallic - Light Space Grey Interior - Extended Range Battery - RWD
FL, 33462

Just joined the Mustang Club of America to get the Plan X discount.

Jim
I ordered this exact version earlier this week, too. Cool man.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome Jim. The only new thing that GM has announced so far is the new electric Hummer. Which is still a few years away. I’m also with you on Tesla, their customer service is iffy at best from my understanding.
There's also the Bolt SUV that's coming. I expect it'll be here sooner than later.

GM is planning on launching something like 22 EVs over the next few years. That means there will be a LOT of new product coming.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Welcome.

The Mach-E is shaping up to be just right for our needs as well. Enough range, plenty of space, and fast recharging via DC. We can't wait.

Are you thinking about leasing again or financing this one outright? The Mach-E looks like the type of vehicle I would keep long term, but I'm inclined to lease again because the technology keeps improving. I don't know yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,001 Posts
For me, buy or lease will depend on the final product and how much i like it when i test drive it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts