Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
reserved lucid red RD standard range on 31.1.2020 #100327xx
no update on delivery date but expected Q4 2020
Where did you get that "expected" date from?

I'm asking because the numbers don't add up.
If Ford starts delivering Mach E's in late October/early November and starts with First Editions, then going on to deliver about 4.000 cars per month (in order to deliver 50.000 in the first year), there's no way reservations with number 32.000+ will be delivered within 2020.

That's even if you subtract showroom vehicles (around 4.000), GT reservations (around 30-40%) which will be delivered later and cancellation rate (around 10-15%).
Best case scenario (based on the above) is February 2021, but probably later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
@symos: The Mach E will be first delivered to 7 country's in Europe (also the Netherlands) because of the high fine Ford will get when they don't succeed with the emissions law. That's what I have heard/red on different sites.

·
Registered
55 Posts
@symos: The Mach E will be first delivered to 7 country's in Europe (also the Netherlands) because of the high fine Ford will get when they don't succeed with the emissions law. That's what I have heard/red on different sites.
Well, I can only hope that's true, being an EU reservation holder myself!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where did you get that "expected" date from?

I'm asking because the numbers don't add up.
If Ford starts delivering Mach E's in late October/early November and starts with First Editions, then going on to deliver about 4.000 cars per month (in order to deliver 50.000 in the first year), there's no way reservations with number 32.000+ will be delivered within 2020.

That's even if you subtract showroom vehicles (around 4.000), GT reservations (around 30-40%) which will be delivered later and cancellation rate (around 10-15%).
Best case scenario (based on the above) is February 2021, but probably later.
Read this...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Read this...
This only says that EU will get more cars than the US in the first year. But it doesn't say/mean anything regarding when these cars will be delivered.

Assuming a production rate of ~4.000 cars per month, it will still take Ford more than 7 months to produce all cars intended for Europe, even if they make NO cars for the US in the meantime (which won't happen).

For countries with a small allocation like NL, then maybe they will deliver all of them at once, if they have reason to do so (tax changes etc). But this can't hold true for the whole of Europe.

The only other explanation is that there are very few reservations from Europe at the moment, so we are still at 2020 deliveries, even for people reserving now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I cannot follow you on 4k per month production rate. Where dir you see that number?
It's been stated again and again that the full production cycle for the first year (I mean one whole year after production starts, not 2020) will be limited to 50.000 vehicles due to battery shortages. We can't rule out the chance that they might be able to secure more batteries if needed, but right now, these are the facts.

Moreover, most people seem to agree that it makes sense for Ford to spread out production so that the factory remains open and with constant output throughout the year. No point in hiring workers for a higher output, then letting them go and keeping the factory idle, then re-hiring etc. Hence, producing around 4.100 cars per month.

As I said, we can't rule out some edge cases, like Ford wanting to deliver all 750 vehicles allocated to NL within 2020 for tax reasons. But, based on the above, I'm expecting delivery of the full 30.000 EU Mach-Es to go well into 2021.

Another possibility is that Ford still doesn't have a lot of EU orders and therefore people reserving now could still get a 2020 delivery (even though not all of them will, as I said above). That might actually have some truth in it, considering that "only" around 13% of people with reservations based on the reservation data from this and other forums are from Europe. If this number is (kind of) accurate, it would mean that only 4.700 cars out of around 36.000 reserved so far are going to Europe. So it's possible these will all (the non GT ones) be delivered in 2020, especially if Ford wants to prioritize European deliveries and also considering a significant percentage will be GTs, which will be delivered later anyway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
//edit: Come to think of it though, this would mean that the 20.000 Mach-Es aimed for the US are already sold out. But I'm guessing we'd have heard if that was the case.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The plant in Mexico has the capacity to manufacture around 500,000 unit/year or 1,300+ per day. Ford will most likely ramp its production up to get as many orders filled as possible to get the money in the bank, and improve Q4 and yearly profits.

They may slow down production after that based on demand and battery acquisitions. Maybe going to quarterly order cycles.

But, as most posts on this blog go, only time will reveal the real story.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Cuautitlán, Mexico assembly plant produced the Fiesta for North America, from 2010 through August 2019. Production volume peaked at just over 71,000 cars in 2013.

Although the plant may have physical capacity to produce higher volumes, it seems as though Ford would also be prepared to run it efficiently at smaller volumes.

·
Registered
194 Posts
True. Ford could easily produce the the roughly 35k (Estimate) non GT models in the last quarter without pushing max production. Then do the GTs first quarter 2022. Then hopefully they would have more batteries and orders to keep a decent momentum.

We had a bit if topic drift. Welcome @Quadrantz ! Please be sure to keep us informed of your purchase and delivery status!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts