Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Rapid Red LR Premium AWD on order
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - Just found this forum after ordering my MMe only yesterday. Reading other posts, I'm concerned about the information I'm getting from the dealer. Nice guy but he seems to be a bit clueless. When I first called I asked about lead time on orders and he said 3 weeks on a custom order, or I could buy one of the ones coming in soon. Once you stop laughing you can continue reading this.

He of course came to realize (apparently after asking a number of people there, and getting different answers...what the?) that the ones coming in are spoken for. So I asked again about lead time knowing the 3 weeks quote was quite misinformed. Now he's saying about 12 weeks. Is even THAT timeline pie in the sky?

I'm coming out of a 2008 Audi A5 that was in great shape and that I loved dearly (I got delivery of the first ever A5 in Tampa), but lost to Tropical Storm Eta in November. Progressive took forever to process and total the thing...like a month. So, I was way behind in looking at options. I just knew I wanted a PHEV or EV to make up for my gas guzzling days! But I had to do my research (was on the upcoming Jeep Wrangler 4Xe for a good while, but that's not quite my style) and finally landed on the MMe a few days ago.

So, yeah, I don't have a car, and apparently have a wait ahead of me, but I don't have a pressing need for one in this pandemic, while working remotely. I can use my wife's car when needed. I'm just not sure whether I'm really looking at many more months than, say, April.

I look forward to learning more about this car that I may be getting...some day!

·
Registered
Currently: 2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mach E AWD ER ; Previously: 2009 Ford Focus.
193 Posts
Sorry about your car. My 2009 ford was totalled in November. I pondered electric and settled on the MME. Allstate took forever to process my claim as well. I too need a car, but with the pandemic am working from home. Not sure anyone here has any definitive answers yet. My dealer told me that hopefully I would hear more in January about scheduling. Hopefully the same will be true for you too? Unfortunately because of the hype and demand, it might be a longer than usual wait time for those of us that got into this late, but I do still ultimately think this is so going to be worth the wait! The good news is, it gives those of us coming in later more time to prepare financially, and hopefully some of those early software bugs, and ev charging station bugs can get worked out before we need to deal with them!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Welcome @GrisGris. Have you looked at any other EVs? With a long wait ahead for the Mach-E at this point I know some people have been going for the Model Y. Or some of the other options out there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry about your car. My 2009 ford was totalled in November. I pondered electric and settled on the MME. Allstate took forever to process my claim as well. I too need a car, but with the pandemic am working from home. Not sure anyone here has any definitive answers yet. My dealer told me that hopefully I would hear more in January about scheduling. Hopefully the same will be true for you too? Unfortunately because of the hype and demand, it might be a longer than usual wait time for those of us that got into this late, but I do still ultimately think this is so going to be worth the wait! The good news is, it gives those of us coming in later more time to prepare financially, and hopefully some of those early software bugs, and ev charging station bugs can get worked out before we need to deal with them!
Thanks, and sounds like we're in similar boats. Funny, that was the only positive I could think of as well!

16 weeks more likely. Current orders for members of this Forum are scheduled through end-February. Some are still waiting for a schedule week. Your order may make the March schedule. Then its about 4 weeks for delivery.
Man, I'll take it. The wait will be awful of course, but that's definitely doable. Thanks for the insight!

Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of information here and we tend to know more than the sales people at the dealers.
Thanks, and I'm already convinced of that! I don't know if it's the supposedly low margins on these or what, but they do not seem to be much of a golden child at this particular dealer, at least.

Welcome @GrisGris. Have you looked at any other EVs? With a long wait ahead for the Mach-E at this point I know some people have been going for the Model Y. Or some of the other options out there.
Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I've pondered Tesla for sometime but I've never been able to bring myself around to them for some reason. And I did look at comparisons to the Y. We'll see. If this looks like it'll drag out more than MachDrive is calculating, I may have to reconsider. In the meantime, I'm in it to win it! Looking forward to the discussions on this forum.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
146 Posts
Hi all - Just found this forum after ordering my MMe only yesterday. Reading other posts, I'm concerned about the information I'm getting from the dealer. Nice guy but he seems to be a bit clueless. When I first called I asked about lead time on orders and he said 3 weeks on a custom order, or I could buy one of the ones coming in soon. Once you stop laughing you can continue reading this.

He of course came to realize (apparently after asking a number of people there, and getting different answers...what the?) that the ones coming in are spoken for. So I asked again about lead time knowing the 3 weeks quote was quite misinformed. Now he's saying about 12 weeks. Is even THAT timeline pie in the sky?

I'm coming out of a 2008 Audi A5 that was in great shape and that I loved dearly (I got delivery of the first ever A5 in Tampa), but lost to Tropical Storm Eta in November. Progressive took forever to process and total the thing...like a month. So, I was way behind in looking at options. I just knew I wanted a PHEV or EV to make up for my gas guzzling days! But I had to do my research (was on the upcoming Jeep Wrangler 4Xe for a good while, but that's not quite my style) and finally landed on the MMe a few days ago.

So, yeah, I don't have a car, and apparently have a wait ahead of me, but I don't have a pressing need for one in this pandemic, while working remotely. I can use my wife's car when needed. I'm just not sure whether I'm really looking at many more months than, say, April.

I look forward to learning more about this car that I may be getting...some day!
You are making the right choice. If you live in Florida, then the rear wheel drive version is all you need with extended battery. Not sure about lead time but likely longer then 3 months. I ordered mine a year ago and it was built in early December. Hoping to take delivery by end January. This is our second BEV and replacing our Bolt with MME FE with longer range and AWD for our Canadian winters. I sat in an MME and it was great! The car quality, fit and finish were also excellent and it was from the first batch they built in late summer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You are making the right choice. If you live in Florida, then the rear wheel drive version is all you need with extended battery. Not sure about lead time but likely longer then 3 months. I ordered mine a year ago and it was built in early December. Hoping to take delivery by end January. This is our second BEV and replacing our Bolt with MME FE with longer range and AWD for our Canadian winters. I sat in an MME and it was great! The car quality, fit and finish were also excellent and it was from the first batch they built in late summer.
Yes, I agree that I don't need AWD in FL, but I like the additional oomph it offers. Plus my A5 was Quattro/AWD and I loved how planted it felt no matter what I threw at it.

That's great that you've been able to see one in person. I can't really make out from photos what the seat material is. Is it more toward a cloth or leather (vinyl?) feel?

Just went by the dealer to look at rapid red and star white, to confirm my decision. Definitely glad I went with rapid red. The star white seems to need to be in just the right light (and clean) to see that added depth.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The wait for this Mach-E looks like a long one. I ordered the car on 9/13/20 and still don't have a build date. From what I can see the same is true for most orders made after July/August 2020. Fortunately, my current lease doesn't expire for about 7 months so I can wait without any pressure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The wait for this Mach-E looks like a long one. I ordered the car on 9/13/20 and still don't have a build date. From what I can see the same is true for most orders made after July/August 2020. Fortunately, my current lease doesn't expire for about 7 months so I can wait without any pressure.
Wow. Sorry to hear it. This all makes me wonder whether I should just fully embrace the wait and order a GT!

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium Standard Range RWD Shadow Black
18 Posts
I also ordered recently (Premium RWD Standard Battery - 12/30/2020) and the guy at the dealership said "8-12 weeks". I knew that wasn't going to happen unless there has been some massive drop-off in actual orders, which I haven't seen any evidence of...I'm just sitting tight and seeing where it takes me. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also ordered recently (Premium RWD Standard Battery - 12/30/2020) and the guy at the dealership said "8-12 weeks". I knew that wasn't going to happen unless there has been some massive drop-off in actual orders, which I haven't seen any evidence of...I'm just sitting tight and seeing where it takes me. Good luck.
Yeah, this may not be a universal truth, but I don't get the sense that dealer reps have a good sense of lead times on this car. Still laughing over my guy having to check with 3 people to determine that he was wrong about the option to simply buy one of the MMEs they have coming in soon.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Yeah, this may not be a universal truth, but I don't get the sense that dealer reps have a good sense of lead times on this car. Still laughing over my guy having to check with 3 people to determine that he was wrong about the option to simply buy one of the MMEs they have coming in soon.
3 Scenarios I can think of:
  1. Dealers anticipated the demand and ordered several for their lot.
  2. There will be people who cancel their orders.
  3. Dealer switches their demo to the GT models (not for a while though).
For 1 and 2, a guy walking in off the street might be able to get one quick. In this case, I am perfectly OK with the dealer putting a markup on those cars.

A lot of people who buy cars will never order one off the internet. They just don't think that way. While this might have changed somewhat through the pandemic as more people got comfortable with ordering the necessities for delivery, some dealers won't leave that $$ on the table.

We'll know soon enough how "hot" the MME is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
3 Scenarios I can think of:
  1. Dealers anticipated the demand and ordered several for their lot.
  2. There will be people who cancel their orders.
  3. Dealer switches their demo to the GT models (not for a while though).
For 1 and 2, a guy walking in off the street might be able to get one quick. In this case, I am perfectly OK with the dealer putting a markup on those cars.

A lot of people who buy cars will never order one off the internet. They just don't think that way. While this might have changed somewhat through the pandemic as more people got comfortable with ordering the necessities for delivery, some dealers won't leave that $$ on the table.

We'll know soon enough how "hot" the MME is.
So I ordered the Premium AWD standard range in Star White on 12/28/2020 and just got the email today that it would go into production on March 14th.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium Standard Range RWD Shadow Black
18 Posts
So I ordered the Premium AWD standard range in Star White on 12/28/2020 and just got the email today that it would go into production on March 14th.
Wow, that's awesome. Were you one of the people who had a reservation back in 2019, or did you just straight order on 12/28?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
WOAH! Thanks for sharing this! You made my day if not my week! I was not expecting that at all (assuming I'm not far behind you given I ordered a couple days later).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Straight order. I'm guessing we are seeing the benefit of a much more efficient process. Keep checking that status. You should be getting an email soon!
Geez, I'll probably be doing nothing but, now! Thanks again for the heads up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Congrats. I ordered my Premium RWD standard range in Star White way back on 9/13/20 and just got my build date of 3/15/21.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts