Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm dying to get a MME and planning to order one very soon despite never even touching one before. Can anyone recommend a Ford dealer in Dallas or warn me away from a bad one? Any other tips greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Select MMe with std. battery, eAWD, and Comfort & Tech package in Rapid Red
71 Posts
Hi @Bob in Dallas. Welcome to the club!

I can't recommend a specific dealer in Dallas, but I think I can recommend some things to help you choose one.

1) Search for a dealer that will sell it to you for MSRP. Be willing to drive a ways to find one, but it shouldn't be TOO hard. It doesn't matter at all where you purchase - you can drive away and never speak to them again without any downside. So buy from the one who gives you the best price.
2) Ask to take delivery without any dealer add-ons. Most will have a doc fee, but window VIN etching, locking nuts, anti-rust treatment, etc. can all be obtained elsewhere for a lot less if you want any at all.
3) A few people here say that they were pressured to the point of feeling forced into buying an extended warranty, which is a terrible deal. They claimed that they were told they had to get the warranty or their order would be canceled and the car sold to someone else. Make sure that's not a thing where you buy.
4) My dealer doesn't put their branded badges or stickers on the car, but if yours does, you should request that they not do that (if you care).
5) I used to live in Texas, so I know that most dealers there have a window tinting partner that comes to the dealership every so often to add window tinting to cars. As opposed to Ford-branded merch the dealer sells, these services actually are a good deal. They're usually a little cheaper than getting it yourself, and most dealers warranty the tinting themselves, which is better than dealing with a shop that might go out of business in 14 days. And in Texas, it's essential to get the darkest legal window tinting to keep the car as cool as possible.
6) Get the final sales deal in writing, with all stipulations included.

If you find a dealer willing to do all that, then I don't think you're going to do much better, even with recommendations.

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I can't recommend a specific dealer in Dallas, but I think I can recommend some things to help you choose one.

1) Search for a dealer that will sell it to you for MSRP. Be willing to drive a ways to find one, but it shouldn't be TOO hard. It doesn't matter at all where you purchase - you can drive away and never speak to them again without any downside. So buy from the one who gives you the best price.
2) Ask to take delivery without any dealer add-ons. Most will have a doc fee, but window VIN etching, locking nuts, anti-rust treatment, etc. can all be obtained elsewhere for a lot less if you want any at all.
3) A few people here say that they were pressured to the point of feeling forced into buying an extended warranty, which is a terrible deal. They claimed that they were told they had to get the warranty or their order would be canceled and the car sold to someone else. Make sure that's not a thing where you buy.
4) My dealer doesn't put their branded badges or stickers on the car, but if yours does, you should request that they not do that (if you care).
5) I used to live in Texas, so I know that most dealers there have a window tinting partner that comes to the dealership every so often to add window tinting to cars. As opposed to Ford-branded merch the dealer sells, these services actually are a good deal. They're usually a little cheaper than getting it yourself, and most dealers warranty the tinting themselves, which is better than dealing with a shop that might go out of business in 14 days. And in Texas, it's essential to get the darkest legal window tinting to keep the car as cool as possible.

If you find a dealer willing to do all that, then I don't think you're going to do much better, even with recommendations.

Good luck!
Great tips. Thanks! I plan to order from the Ford site, but it's telling me I have to choose a dealer before I complete the order. So I better call around to a few of them before I order.

I'm way out of practice with car dealers because for more than 30 years I've only bought from one no-hassle Lexus dealer.

Where in NJ are you? We have a daughter in Bergen County.

Bob

·
Registered
121 Posts
Great tips. Thanks! I plan to order from the Ford site, but it's telling me I have to choose a dealer before I complete the order. So I better call around to a few of them before I order.

I'm way out of practice with car dealers because for more than 30 years I've only bought from one no-hassle Lexus dealer.

Bob
Hi, well I'm in Bergen Cty.....and my brothers, sister, and mother are all in Texas (originally NJ), how did that happen??, haha......they are in the McKinney area

·
Registered
1,762 Posts

Bob
the other key element, when you finally order online, be sure to get confirmation of pricing WHEN you order in writing from a human being with some authority at the dealership. Sales mgr or GM. Far too many people here have ordered, waited months and when the car arrives a nasty surprise as to dealer mark up.

Ideally you can get MSRP, and perhaps a dealer that takes xplan (to qualify for xplan you need to have 100 shares of ford stock for six months before car arrival or far easier and cheaper, join mustang club of america (around $40) and be a member for at least 90 days before vehicle arrival. Xplan will save you around $700 off msrp but another big savings is it caps the doc fee the dealer can charge to $100).

I would disagree with poster above that extended warranty is a bad deal. This is the first vehicle I've ever bought an extended warranty on, but with the tech involved I think it's a good idea. BUT it has to be the ford extended warranty and shop around for the best price. Only I found it for around $1300 but I paid the extra $300 at the dealer just to make things easy. Literally this is how things went for me: Ordered car Jan 2021, car delivered to dealer may 26th, went to dealership that day, signed the paperwork and left dealer with car about an hour and a half later............... no fuss no muss, no last minute unpleasant surprises.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi, well I'm in Bergen Cty.....and my brothers, sister, and mother are all in Texas (originally NJ), how did that happen??, haha......they are in the McKinney area
Small world... She and her family are in Waldwick. We were surprised at how pretty NJ is in that area. McKinney is becoming a suburb of Dallas after being way out in the country for decades.

·
Registered
2021 Tesla MY, 2017 Volt, Mach e Premium 11/5/22
189 Posts
You might also consider Ford's Option purchase contract. It's like a lease but you own the car and can get the fed and state tax credits. The nice thing is that at the end of the options (36+ mo) you can give the car back or pay it off. I don't know what the current offer is but it has been good in the past.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm dying to get a MME and planning to order one very soon despite never even touching one before. Can anyone recommend a Ford dealer in Dallas or warn me away from a bad one? Any other tips greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I can’t recommend in Dallas, but if you’re willing to drive up to Purcell OK, Zeck Ford is where I got mine. They are the best dealership I’ve ever worked with!

·
Registered
On order: MME Select, Rapid Red
2 Posts
Five Star Ford of Dallas (near Coit & Bush). My MME has been on order since March and is expected in November. There are posts confirming they do not charge over MSRP. (My sales rep is Charlie Emmons: [email protected] )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you! I would love to know the process you went through because I'm very confused about the whole online/dealership mix and what comes first. Did you visit the dealership before ordering? Get any commitments from them about markups and add-ons? The only option now is to order a 2023 online but you have to name a dealership when you place your order. Thank you so much for your help.

Bob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you! I would love to know the process you went through because I'm very confused about the whole online/dealership mix and what comes first. Did you visit the dealership before ordering? Get any commitments from them about markups and add-ons? The only option now is to order a 2023 online but you have to name a dealership when you place your order. Thank you so much for your help.

Bob
I went to the dealership and ordered there. I’d call and talk to him. I’m sure he will tell you upfront about any markups and explain the process. I was confused with the online ordering too. I just decided to go and let him guide me through it. I’m sure he could do it over the phone. And you’re very welcome! Good luck! I love driving it!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went to the dealership and ordered there. I’d call and talk to him. I’m sure he will tell you upfront about any markups and explain the process. I was confused with the online ordering too. I just decided to go and let him guide me through it. I’m sure he could do it over the phone. And you’re very welcome! Good luck! I love driving it!!
Thanks Sandy. That sounds like a good solution — order online at the dealership. I just got a recommendation for a Dallas dealership so I guess I'll try them first but it's good to know I have a backup in OK if I don't like the Dallas dealer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is one more thing that may be worthwhile for you. When we bought our MME GT, delivered in Nov, 2021, we looked for dealers that were Ford Electric-Vehicle (EV)-Certified Dealers. At that time, there were only a couple of the local Ford dealers who had invested in this Certification. Things they had to do included training for their techs, E specific service bays, etc. we figured that was important, if there were any problems in the future. Luckily, there have been none, the car has been wonderful, but based on the forum, some others have had difficulties. It would be interesting to know if the dealers involved in resolving the issues were certified or not. We were able to identify the certified dealers on the Ford web page.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
There is one more thing that may be worthwhile for you. When we bought our MME GT, delivered in Nov, 2021, we looked for dealers that were Ford Electric-Vehicle (EV)-Certified Dealers. At that time, there were only a couple of the local Ford dealers who had invested in this Certification. Things they had to do included training for their techs, E specific service bays, etc. we figured that was important, if there were any problems in the future. Luckily, there have been none, the car has been wonderful, but based on the forum, some others have had difficulties. It would be interesting to know if the dealers involved in resolving the issues were certified or not. We were able to identify the certified dealers on the Ford web page.
Thanks — I appreciate that tip.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I also had another comment about the Ford extended warranty. We intend to keep our MME for some time, so, for us the main consideration was that with the level of electronics in this car, the warranty which includes coverage of those items, was worthwhile, given that we plan to keep the car for some time.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Good luck!
No tint needed in San Antonio. Bought extended warranty because every part on the car is new and expensive and I plan to keep it at least six years like my last two vehicles. Many car personalities advocate (like scotty kilmore) an extended warranty for those reasons (unless you don’t plan to keep the car longer than 3 years. I passed on extended service plan however, since the car is essentially service free, needing only tire rotations and battery checks every 10k…cost me $20 at Bluebonnet Ford New Braunfels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the other key element, when you finally order online, be sure to get confirmation of pricing WHEN you order in writing from a human being with some authority at the dealership. Sales mgr or GM. Far too many people here have ordered, waited months and when the car arrives a nasty surprise as to dealer mark up.

Ideally you can get MSRP, and perhaps a dealer that takes xplan (to qualify for xplan you need to have 100 shares of ford stock for six months before car arrival or far easier and cheaper, join mustang club of america (around $40) and be a member for at least 90 days before vehicle arrival. Xplan will save you around $700 off msrp but another big savings is it caps the doc fee the dealer can charge to $100).

I would disagree with poster above that extended warranty is a bad deal. This is the first vehicle I've ever bought an extended warranty on, but with the tech involved I think it's a good idea. BUT it has to be the ford extended warranty and shop around for the best price. Only I found it for around $1300 but I paid the extra $300 at the dealer just to make things easy. Literally this is how things went for me: Ordered car Jan 2021, car delivered to dealer may 26th, went to dealership that day, signed the paperwork and left dealer with car about an hour and a half later............... no fuss no muss, no last minute unpleasant surprises.
Holy crow! What an awesome experience. Good for you. My dealer experience at Jordan Ford San Antonio was not pleasant and not recommended. Glad you got a good one. Restores my faith in dealerships a little!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts