Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, don't know how many of you live in nj, but our gov. signed a new bill today for up to $5000 in tax incentives for ev 's also new incentives for charging.....don't know all the details, but $5000 + $7500, possible tax incentives sounds great to me.....it seems like, from what I could find, my state is finally getting into the whole ev culture....any new info anyone can find would be great....thanks.....ps saw the post on the other mach e forum.....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Going green in the Garden State could soon net you some green, in the form of state tax rebates for those who buy or lease an EV or a PHEV. A bill that just passed the state Legislature would give New Jersey among the strongest electric-car incentives in the country.

EV purchases would earn a $5,000 rebate for models with 200 miles of range or better. For EVs with less range, the rebate would be pro-rated at $25 per mile. The PHEV rebates are the same $25 per mile, and are also based on electric range. The PHEV incentive sunsets after 2022. Vehicles priced above $55,000 would be ineligible for the incentives. The bill also provides $500 to offset the purchase price of an in-home charger, and spurs development of public chargers as well.

According to Energy.gov, New Jersey's proposed rebate would put the Garden State ahead of Colorado, giving it the most generous maximum state incentive in the nation . New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy is expected to sign the bill into law.

Also, I read somewhere that NJ may also offer a sales tax exemption? If that's true, that combo is huge. Seems to big to be true though.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Going green in the Garden State could soon net you some green, in the form of state tax rebates for those who buy or lease an EV or a PHEV. A bill that just passed the state Legislature would give New Jersey among the strongest electric-car incentives in the country.

EV purchases would earn a $5,000 rebate for models with 200 miles of range or better. For EVs with less range, the rebate would be pro-rated at $25 per mile. The PHEV rebates are the same $25 per mile, and are also based on electric range. The PHEV incentive sunsets after 2022. Vehicles priced above $55,000 would be ineligible for the incentives. The bill also provides $500 to offset the purchase price of an in-home charger, and spurs development of public chargers as well.

According to Energy.gov, New Jersey's proposed rebate would put the Garden State ahead of Colorado, giving it the most generous maximum state incentive in the nation . New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy is expected to sign the bill into law.

Also, I read somewhere that NJ may also offer a sales tax exemption? If that's true, that combo is huge. Seems to big to be true though.
The gov actually signed the bill enacting the $5000 rebate earlier today, and New Jersey has exempted BEVs from sales tax for a few years:

·
Registered
275 Posts
So I assume that means the 6.625% state sales tax? On a $55k vehicle that's about $3600. Combine that with the $5000 and the federal $7500 and it's a whopping $16,100 subsidy! Wow. That's practically a third off. Sucks for taxpayers but what a deal for BEV buyers!

Then the task is staying under $55,000. Could be tricky for a Premium Mach-e, depending on whether D/H and delivery charges count toward that limit or not.

·
Registered
492 Posts
So I assume that means the 6.625% state sales tax? On a $55k vehicle that's about $3600. Combine that with the $5000 and the federal $7500 and it's a whopping $16,100 subsidy! Wow. That's practically a third off. Sucks for taxpayers but what a deal for BEV buyers!

Then the task is staying under $55,000. Could be tricky for a Premium Mach-e, depending on whether D/H and delivery charges count toward that limit or not.
Yes, it is a great deal that is being financed by an already existing "green energy" fund. The $55k limit is for MSRP not including delivery and financing fees, so the route 1, both versions of premium with SR battery, and all versions of the select are eligible. The impetus for it is that NJ ranks at the bottom of the list for air quality, and everyone in the state can benefit from breathing better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts