Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned Fords in the past starting in 1984. My wife owns a 2018 Mustang GT convertable. I owned a 2012 Volt for 4 years and I still have my 240 charger hooked up. So I am looking forward to going to a BEV. I have not yet made a reservation. I am looking at the Premium platform.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've been all-Ford since 1990. First was a 1990 Ranger. Then two 2001 Escapes. Now two 2013 Escapes. Planning on handing down one of the 2 Escapes next year to a family member and replacing it with a Mach-e. One ICE + one BEV in the household should be the perfect combo, since we have a house with garage to charge overnight. Need to get a 220v outlet installed though.

I guess you could say we're anxious when a new model comes out that we like. 2001 was the first year of the original Escape, and 2013 was the first year of the crossover Escape. If fact, one of ours was quite early in initial batch off the assembly line (I think we got it in Aug 2012).

I'd actually prefer to wait until the 2nd year of the Mach-e to get any bugs/quirks worked out, but the federal and state tax breaks are too big to miss out on. Even as it is, I'm not sure I'll get it in time (my reservation# is just over 29,000).

·
Registered
275 Posts
This time it might be fewer bugs than normal due to it being electric, thus less moving parts.
Hope so. The bugs are probably more likely to be software than physical this time, but that's more easily fixed.

The big problem with our early 2013 Escape was they put a rivet through the wiring harness. Satellite radio and a few other things didn't work. They had to tear the dash and half the other covers off to replace the entire harness. Didn't even have any in parts stock yet. They had to divert one from the factory since it was all so new.

Fought with that for months. They never did get the dashboard put back in perfectly but it's close enough. Got tired of it being in the shop.

But the 2nd one we got 5 months later has been flawless.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts