Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if this new NJ rebate will work on Mach E? I saw it had a limit of $55k so I guess not on the premium trim? Are all the MSRPs final at this point for the Mach E? Trying to convince the wife on this one so I'm trying to look at all the savings angles I can lol. Thanks!

·
Registered
585 Posts
AFAIK, the MSRP's are not set in stone, but are also not likely to change. Therefore yes, it will "work" on the Select, California Route 1, and Premium SR for certain. The commission hasn't finished writing the regulations for the program yet, so it is unclear if the cap includes "options", so it is possible the ER premium may qualify as well.

Fully understand about the Mrs, have been going through the same gyrations with mine. Even though I want to get the cheapest Mach E they make (Select RWD), she can't get it out of her head that it is a $44,000 car. Since BEV's are not subject to tax in NJ, with the $12,500 in incentives and 7% savings on sales tax, it is the same cost as a $29,500 gas car - but she only hears $44,000. For point of reference her Durango was $35,000, but after negotiations and trade-in we only financed $26,000 so the E payment will be more expensive than her car's - which is the other thing she won't let go of :rolleyes:. I REALLY want to keep my convertible and thus I don't have a trade-in, so there's going to be plenty of discussion on the topic for quite a while longer (I reserved my E November 26th)....

·
Registered
585 Posts
Oh, and the amount of the rebate is $25 per mile of battery range up to the $5000 cap, so the amount would indeed be the max.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for the info! I was looking around and was having trouble finding info via google.

Yeah I have my eye on the premium ER. Hopefully its MSRP before options haha. Yeah I've mentioned the tax break, the fed credit, and the cost savings in terms of gas and maintenance. If its eligible for the $5k, I may just be able to convince her. If not I'll probably look at the select. Has there been any more specific info on what the differences are between those trims?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
87 Posts
AFAIK, the MSRP's are not set in stone, but are also not likely to change. Therefore yes, it will "work" on the Select, California Route 1, and Premium SR for certain. The commission hasn't finished writing the regulations for the program yet, so it is unclear if the cap includes "options", so it is possible the ER premium may qualify as well.

Fully understand about the Mrs, have been going through the same gyrations with mine. Even though I want to get the cheapest Mach E they make (Select RWD), she can't get it out of her head that it is a $44,000 car. Since BEV's are not subject to tax in NJ, with the $12,500 in incentives and 7% savings on sales tax, it is the same cost as a $29,500 gas car - but she only hears $44,000. For point of reference her Durango was $35,000, but after negotiations and trade-in we only financed $26,000 so the E payment will be more expensive than her car's - which is the other thing she won't let go of :rolleyes:. I REALLY want to keep my convertible and thus I don't have a trade-in, so there's going to be plenty of discussion on the topic for quite a while longer (I reserved my E November 26th)....
I can only guess that a lot of us feel your pain.....:sneaky:. Keep on keeping on!

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
The biggest factor here is if the Utility Commission’s requirements set the $55k cut-off on the base MSRP, or the MSRP with options.
If its the base MSRP, all versions except the GT and First Edition would qualify.

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts

Does the estimated fuel saving and reduced maintenance costs help with the argument?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Does the estimated fuel saving and reduced maintenance costs help with the argument?
You would think that, but you'd be wrong ?‍♂

The real unknown is the insurance - if I keep the convertible the insurance likely wipes out the savings. But, without knowing the rates on the E it's hard to know

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The biggest factor here is if the Utility Commission’s requirements set the $55k cut-off on the base MSRP, or the MSRP with options.
If its the base MSRP, all versions except the GT and First Edition would qualify.
Any idea when this might be clarified? Hoping soonish haha. Where were you able to find this info? Thanks!

·
Registered
585 Posts
Any idea when this might be clarified? Hoping soonish haha. Where were you able to find this info? Thanks!
When the bill passed back in january they gave the commission until the end of june. of course that was before covid-19, so it might be later than that. There were articles in several publications at the time; you can google it or search the threads on here from january

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
There’s a whole other thread about this. In short, i wrote the Governor’s office and they supplied me with a contact at the Utility Commission. I keep forgetting to give them a call, that is if they will even answer the phone right now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There’s a whole other thread about this. In short, i wrote the Governor’s office and they supplied me with a contact at the Utility Commission. I keep forgetting to give them a call, that is if they will even answer the phone right now.
Interesting let us know if you hear anything?

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
NJ finalized the details of its rebate program. It is based off the total MSRP of the vehicles sticker, including options (but not including title, registration, extended warranty, delivery charges, etc). Some Mustang Mach-E configurations totaling under $55k will qualify.

Full details here:

Charge Up New Jersey

Also remember, NJ currently doesn’t charge sales tax on BEVs.

Reactions: JTK44

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
726 Posts
Great post: Wonder why the cut off of $55,000? That would make the First Edition and long range AWD Premium ineligible.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
NJ finalized the details of its rebate program. It is based off the total MSRP of the vehicles sticker, including options (but not including title, registration, extended warranty, delivery charges, etc). Some Mustang Mach-E configurations totaling under $55k will qualify.

Full details here:

Charge Up New Jersey

Also remember, NJ currently doesn’t charge sales tax on BEVs.
Thanks for the heads up. Cutoff just missed the premium extended range...ouch lol

·
Registered
585 Posts
I like this line from the terms and conditions:
The Board reserves the right to seek all available legal remedies if manufacturers adopt separate MSRPs for New Jersey that differ from the MSRP associated with the same car in other states or otherwise attempt to circumvent the statutory language.

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
Great post: Wonder why the cut off of $55,000? That would make the First Edition and long range AWD Premium ineligible.
That is correct, unfortunately.
my hope is that the final MSRPs are slightly lower than original projections.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
726 Posts
The 55k limit for me means I am limited to the RWD Premium with the stock paint color.
In New York the cut off is $60,000: below $60,000 the credit is $2,000. Above $60,000 $500.

Remember MSRP does not include transportation and/or delivery charges.

Do not know if this of interest to you, but the Tesla Model Y would qualify for the NJ credit.

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
The 55k limit for me means I am limited to the RWD Premium with the stock paint color.
All trims of the MMe, except the Premium ER/RWD with options, Premium ER/AWD, and GT models will get the rebate. As long as the total MSRP of your configuration, not including the $1,1,00 destination charge, is $55,000 or less.

Reminder: the NJ Rebate is a point-of-sale rebate. You can sign the rebate form over to the dealer and use the $5,000 as a down payment if you want to. It is not an income tax or sales tax credit.

For more details on NJ incentives, visit:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts