Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Here is a link to the Ford service bulletin on the dead battery issue.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/TSB/EU (nhtsa.gov)

The dealership needs to update many modules to fix this.
If it works, I am OK having all the updated software in these models.
It looks like the OTA updates do not update these modules.
I hope they change the battery too.
I will know more on Monday afternoon when they call me.

· Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
210 Posts
Here is a link to the Ford service bulletin on the dead battery issue.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/TSB/EU (nhtsa.gov)

The dealership needs to update many modules to fix this.
If it works, I am OK having all the updated software in these models.
It looks like the OTA updates do not update these modules.
I hope they change the battery too.
I will know more on Monday afternoon when they call me.
Wow, just on face value that might suggest not only is the car one of the first batch ever built, BUT the car has not had an OTA or FDRS software update in nearly two years?! And yet you indicated that you have the very latest update "My 2021 MME just received the latest update with the updated radio knob function". Interesting. Hard to understand how both those things could be true, but heck getting all the modules installed certainly would take awhile and IMO they should give you a new battery too.

You probably already know all this, but here is the list of updates over the two years. -> Power up Wiki

· Registered
6 Posts
Wow, just on face value that might suggest not only is the car one of the first batch ever built, BUT the car has not had an OTA or FDRS software update in nearly two years?! And yet you indicated that you have the very latest update "My 2021 MME just received the latest update with the updated radio knob function". Interesting. Hard to understand how both those things could be true, but heck getting all the modules installed certainly would take awhile and IMO they should give you a new battery too.

You probably already know all this, but here is the list of updates over the two years. -> Power up Wiki
I have automatic updates turned on. I received two updates over the last 30 days. The first one gave me much longer range from the batter. It want from 178 miles at 95% charge to 250 miles with the same charge. The second update was the one with the new interface.

My Ford Pass app lets me know when an update took place over night. That's why I don't think these modules get updated over the air. Otherwise, why must the dealer have to do the updates as stated in the technical bulletin?

Now we wait.

· Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
210 Posts
I have automatic updates turned on. I received two updates over the last 30 days. The first one gave me much longer range from the batter. It want from 178 miles at 95% charge to 250 miles with the same charge. The second update was the one with the new interface.

My Ford Pass app lets me know when an update took place over night. That's why I don't think these modules get updated over the air. Otherwise, why must the dealer have to do the updates as stated in the technical bulletin?

Now we wait.
That seems to be the logical answer, the 12V battery fix had to be done via FDRS and it never happened? If you want to know the correct answer the smart people over at Mache forum dot com would definitely know and tell you the correct answer pretty quick I'm sure. That forum is filled with smart folx. They will even use their own FDRS system to login and check exactly what modules need updated on your vehicle for you if you wish.

· Registered
627 Posts
Over the air includes both cellular connection and wifi. I've had updates while driving as well as via wifi. I believe some update conditions include a minimum SOC for 12v battery or it may not happen.

· Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
512 Posts
Uh, didn't it just reset the projected range that was in there based on your driving?
It put a new algorithm into the range projection, and reset the driving history. As you drive, it will adjust down to your driving, and the current temperature (up for some people if they only do city driving in warm weather).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts