Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a high-quality car cover manufacturer that will be making a Mach E car cover?
I'm curious to see how the "cover & charge" scenario can be worked out since we don't have a garage at home. Looking for options. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
Does anyone know of a high-quality car cover manufacturer that will be making a Mach E car cover?
I'm curious to see how the "cover & charge" scenario can be worked out since we don't have a garage at home. Looking for options. Thanks!
You can charge outdoors. My charging-point is going right on the side of my house right by the driveway. Be sure to have a licensed electrician install the proper outdoor outlet/charger for you.
Any cover would have to leave the front intake vents unblocked, as well as a large enough opening for the charge port.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I've got a handle on how to get the charging setup installed. More interested in finding a manufacturer that has a high quality car cover to offer Mach E owners. I'm sure some company will start to release aftermarket goodies for the Mach E as they start to arrive in consumers driveways.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
872 Posts
You can charge outdoors. My charging-point is going right on the side of my house right by the driveway. Be sure to have a licensed electrician install the proper outdoor outlet/charger for you.
Any cover would have to leave the front intake vents unblocked, as well as a large enough opening for the charge port.
Just out of curiosity: do you think if the car is covered while charging there might be an issue with heat because of the lack of ventilation?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Just out of curiosity: do you think if the car is covered while charging there might be an issue with heat because of the lack of ventilation?
Yes, Ron Heiser of Ford has said that the shutters on the bottom front of the grill are open during charging to cool the battery. A car cover should address that issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Hadn't thought about that part. But exactly the reason why I guess I should be asking. I am specifically looking for a car cover that was designed and manufactured for the Mach E, not just one that "fits a Mach E and similar vehicles." Which I find so many car covers do. I wonder if for will offer one, or a 3rd party...?

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts

The front vents are mostly used when charging. Blocking them would hinder the cooling system.
Based on other BEV, The battery management system would most likely slow down the charge rate if the battery temp rises above certain parameters . And will stop charging if over-temp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts