Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Nov Orders - Anybody get build dates?

14K views 77 replies 24 participants last post by  Balsam Bob1 
#1 ·
Ordered at the beginning of Nov - wondering if anyone has a build date yet that ordered in Nov. If so which Model/Range?

#3 ·
Good to know - funny enough I got a call today from the salesperson that took my order and he requested I send another copy of my DL. I asked why and he said that Ford is auditing all orders and my ID was not clear enough for their audit. He said that they are auditing all orders placed at dealerships to catch Ford dealers creating orders of MME's for individuals that don't exist in order to get inventory. Crazy.

#43 ·
Reading through posts, I ordered online on 12/3/21, paid deposit and dealer accepted on 12/3 also and I was never asked for my ID. I have been in a few times since and got a copy of my order sheet and even asked if they need my ID, because I've seen that a few times in the forum. They said no, we don't need it, until you come back to buy the car, so what's up with this?

#5 ·
I put my order in on 11/20/2021 (Sunday) for a Black Premium AWD ER model.

I haven't heard anything from the dealer regarding a build date. Last I talked with him was 1/7/2022 (Friday).

I'm hoping that the news others have been getting means my build date is approaching soon.... :unsure:

#12 ·
I finally received my production date for the week of 3/14/2022. I ordered my MME back on July 28, 2021....Premium RWD ER, Rapid Red!! It's crazy how they schedule these production dates months later and don't ever let us know anything about what's going on. I had to login to my account to know that I had a production date because I didn't receive an email or anything. So frustrating!!

#13 ·
Congrats! I ordered in November so, based on your info, I could be waiting a number of months yet before I get a production date. Out of curiosity, how do you log into your account to get information? Is there a particular website one needs to use? Did you already have a VIN and, if so, how did you get the VIN? The information I have read, at a minimum, you need a VIN to look up anything.

#20 ·
When I ordered from the dealer, the sales guy said he has preferred multiple for people. He stated that they put in the order (on your behalf, it shows in the order confirmation), you do not hear anything for about a month and then you get the VIN and build date. Realistic time frame for me is April/May. I also had to submit a copy of my driver's license and sign some papers, he said that Ford is auditing to make sure it's a real person ordering and this way I get the car quicker.

It really does seem like it's dealer specific about what happens. Some people I have read in the forum ordered October or after and have received build dates already.

#37 ·
I got a message today from my dealer with the following statement in it: "I got a email today saying that I had to remove active park assist and add active park assist prep pack to get it built. I did that this morning and we will see if that helps get it moving."
I hope that did not add any major delay time to getting my car built but am appreciative that the dealer informed me. My hope is they have a group lined up for pending build date and this change does not drop it out of that group. It is a Premium AWD ER. Ordered 11/12/21.

#40 ·
New to this community. I ordered my Mach-E November 13, 2021. 2022 CR1 AWD. Waiting for VIN and build date. I'll post a follow-up message once I receive it. My dealership also told me that the active park assist will be removed from the car but I can re-purchase at a later date.

#57 ·
Thanks for your comment MikeM67 - and congratulations. It encouraged me to call Ford today as well. I ordered a Premium AWD EX battery on 11/12/21 and today I got a build date. They said it is scheduled for the week of July 4. They also provided a VIN. After it's built, I wonder how long it will take to find its way to northern Wisconsin? I tried entering the VIN in the tracker tool but the site didn't like it. My dealer told me today that they can see the VIN and will send a photo of it - I'll call them tomorrow to remind then to send it so I can confirm I have the correct number. The tracker site is: https://www.macheclub.com/site/pages/tracker/

#59 ·
Thanks for your comment MikeM67 - and congratulations. It encouraged me to call Ford today as well. I ordered a Premium AWD EX battery on 11/12/21 and today I got a build date. They said it is scheduled for the week of July 4. They also provided a VIN. After it's built, I wonder how long it will take to find its way to northern Wisconsin? I tried entering the VIN in the tracker tool but the site didn't like it. My dealer told me today that they can see the VIN and will send a photo of it - I'll call them tomorrow to remind then to send it so I can confirm I have the correct number. The tracker site is: https://www.macheclub.com/site/pages/tracker/
I called for directly (customer service) and they provided the VIN. I'll give you the number once my work system stops upgrading.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.