Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Author of the article is a complete nitwit is the main problem.

The Ford VP who responded noted that "Full Self Driving" is vaporware which is true but that is not what the headline or lead in comments state.

The clueless author doesn't know what the VP was talking about.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,943 Posts
I thought you would be interested in this story I found on MSN: Ford Spokesperson Dismisses Tesla Model Y As 'Vaporware' Ford Spokesperson Dismisses Tesla Model Y As 'Vaporware'

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
What I found interesting is the response to dealers ADM:

"Any Mach-E customer who sees a dealer adding a markup can reach out to me,” he tweeted. “I’ll help them find another dealer. Good luck reaching out to Tesla to get your FSD.”"

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I found interesting is the response to dealers ADM:

"Any Mach-E customer who sees a dealer adding a markup can reach out to me,” he tweeted. “I’ll help them find another dealer. Good luck reaching out to Tesla to get your FSD.”"
IDK but Ford Corporate did 'pressure' the dealer that ADM'ed the 10 K

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
This is why Mike Levine got miffed and posted what he did. It was in response to this tweet by Ross Gerber (@GerberKawasaki):

Dear Ford. It serves no value to try to compare the Mach e to a tesla. It is not and it’s not close. Also. It will serve you to not have your dealers ripping off EV customers with BS $5000 fees. You should return the money to the customers you ripped off. @mrlevine $F $TSLA

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think it's short sighted but I do not have an issue with any dealer marking up a vehicle THEY ORDERED. They can do with THEIR ORDER as they please (with short/long term consequences).

The issue is that some dealers are marking up a vehicle a CUSTOMER ORDERED AND CHOSE THEIR DEALER for delivery. I think this is where Ford needed to be crisp in communication with the dealers and their end customers.

As for the social media spat... everyone should just STFU.

As for Model Y FSD... Any early Model Y adopter(early 2020) who believed in Tesla should have bought $TSLA with that money instead of FSD. Their Tesla would have been free (including FSD).

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I think it's short sighted but I do not have an issue with any dealer marking up a vehicle THEY ORDERED. They can do with THEIR ORDER as they please (with short/long term consequences).

The issue is that some dealers are marking up a vehicle a CUSTOMER ORDERED AND CHOSE THEIR DEALER for delivery. I think this is where Ford needed to be crisp in communication with the dealers and their end customers.

As for the social media spat... everyone should just STFU.

As for Model Y FSD... Any early Model Y adopter(early 2020) who believed in Tesla should have bought $TSLA with that money instead of FSD. Their Tesla would have been free (including FSD).
Actually I feel differently:

If the dealer marks up a car, walk away.

Owning a MME is not like cancer surgery - something that if you do not do, you die.

I rejected my FE because Ford did not offer a competitive lease. I could car less if the dealer sold the FE at MSRP, below MSRP or above MSRP.

Point of information: before I placed my order and designated my dealer, I received in writing from the dealer that they would accept X-Plan pricing and there would be no ADM.

.It is only a car!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Actually I feel differently:

If the dealer marks up a car, walk away.

Owning a MME is not like cancer surgery - something that if you do not do, you die.

I rejected my FE because Ford did not offer a competitive lease. I could car less if the dealer sold the FE at MSRP, below MSRP or above MSRP.

Point of information: before I placed my order and designated my dealer, I received in writing from the dealer that they would accept X-Plan pricing and there would be no ADM.

.It is only a car!
Sure... But I'm not sure that we feel different here (not that either of our feelings really matter).
  • Dealer can mark up a car THEY ORDERED.
  • If the dealer marks up a car, WALK AWAY.
Both can be true in a free market economy. I too, would have walked had my dealer marked up our MME.

The issue here is are markups on vehicles for reservation holders. THAT is slimy.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I personally would not pay ADM but what a dealer choses to charge for a vehicle that they ordered is entirely up to them and a perspective buyer can chose to pay it or try another dealer. However, when I chose my original dealer I didn't know about the X Plan and in as much as I had a prior purchase from them I failed to enquire about ADM before listing them on the on-line Ford reservation site. Needless to say at the time of converting the reservation to an order when they decided to tack on $5000 I switched dealers. The idea that after waiting six months for Ford to convert my on-line (I never had direct contact with the dealer) reservation into an order only to have a dealer raise the price was outrageous.
In a 'normal' situation I would have researched, did an on-line "build my own vehicle" and taken it to the dealer for the OK. If the dealer didn't agree I would drive to another dealer to get my terms.
In retrospect, I personally don't see the advantages to the MMe on line ordering process if the dealer doesn't have to accept the MSRP on the six month reservation and in order to 'lock in' terms and pricing it requires direct contact with the dealer or dealers anyway, also, having to contact Dearborn to switch dealers what was the advantage to the customer?
To my way of thinking, Ford added a step to the process by restricting early reservation holders to Ford online only, with a deposit, then switching to a dealer after six to nine months, and placing another deposit on the order, albeit with a refund of the original Ford deposit.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I personally would not pay ADM but what a dealer choses to charge for a vehicle that they ordered is entirely up to them and a perspective buyer can chose to pay it or try another dealer. However, when I chose my original dealer I didn't know about the X Plan and in as much as I had a prior purchase from them I failed to enquire about ADM before listing them on the on-line Ford reservation site. Needless to say at the time of converting the reservation to an order when they decided to tack on $5000 I switched dealers. The idea that after waiting six months for Ford to convert my on-line (I never had direct contact with the dealer) reservation into an order only to have a dealer raise the price was outrageous.
In a 'normal' situation I would have researched, did an on-line "build my own vehicle" and taken it to the dealer for the OK. If the dealer didn't agree I would drive to another dealer to get my terms.
In retrospect, I personally don't see the advantages to the MMe on line ordering process if the dealer doesn't have to accept the MSRP on the six month reservation and in order to 'lock in' terms and pricing it requires direct contact with the dealer or dealers anyway, also, having to contact Dearborn to switch dealers what was the advantage to the customer?
To my way of thinking, Ford added a step to the process by restricting early reservation holders to Ford online only, with a deposit, then switching to a dealer after six to nine months, and placing another deposit on the order, albeit with a refund of the original Ford deposit.
As I posted, before I converted and named a dealer, I received in writing that they would accept X-Plan pricing and that there would be no ADM.

POI: I did not even know what ADM is! When I found out what it was, I of course refused to pay it!

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I posted, before I converted and named a dealer, I received in writing that they would accept X-Plan pricing and that there would be no ADM.

POI: I did not even know what ADM is! When I found out what it was, I of course refused to pay it!
I seem to recall (ICBW) that I had to name a dealer at the time of reservation not at the time of converting. When the notification came from Ford around 26 June, with the "little green check mark" the reservation to conversion price displayed on the site had been raised by the dealer from $52,700 to $58,800. Had I agreed to convert I would have been agreeing to the price shown next to the "dealer accepted" order. Of course, like you I refused to accept the dealer pricing and drove to another dealer to determine price and X Plan then called Ford to switch dealers which because of the July 4th holiday took nearly 10 days to complete. All of this however is moot since I have the MMe at my price except to say that the MMe On-Line process did not make things easier for the customer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Or, Ford could have all ordering handled online, including payment. Just have delivery and service done through the dealer. There is no room for communication error with this approach.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Or, Ford could have all ordering handled online, including payment. Just have delivery and service done through the dealer. There is no room for communication error with this approach.
I have less than zero confidence in Ford's IT team.

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
The plan is to have end-to-end online order processing. Where the dealer was used to confirm your trade-in value with a visual inspection and sign the final delivery acceptance paperwork.
I have not heard much about this system since Fords press release last Summer. Who knows if it will ever happen.

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The plan is to have end-to-end online order processing. Where the dealer was used to confirm your trade-in value with a visual inspection and sign the final delivery acceptance paperwork.
I have not heard much about this system since Fords press release last Summer. Who knows if it will ever happen.
So far my second dealer experience has been positive. The 'screw up' was the interfacing of the online reservation/ordering with my original dealer when changes were necessary. Call me old fashion but I prefer a face to face than calling Dearborn and navigating a telephone menu.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey would love advice from folks -- frustrated as I ordered a Mach-E premium in January, got to dealer in July, went online and literally went through most of the purchasing with Dealer Selling Price of $56,440 but decided to test drive first -- I still agreed to Ford financing and have that paperwork confirming, again the price of $56,440 less my downpayment -- anyways, all is good but dealer (Lindsey Ford Wheaton MD) puts a new price in front of me with a $10K ADM which he is discounting to $7500! I walked away -- can they really do this, I mean I have several screen shots and emails saying the price is $56K now the dealer says it's $66K but will take off $2,500 for me...can I change dealers at this point? I'd like to have this car but feel like this is 1975...

Thanks for your thoughts/advice, MachEmaybe

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
Hey would love advice from folks -- frustrated as I ordered a Mach-E premium in January, got to dealer in July, went online and literally went through most of the purchasing with Dealer Selling Price of $56,440 but decided to test drive first -- I still agreed to Ford financing and have that paperwork confirming, again the price of $56,440 less my downpayment -- anyways, all is good but dealer (Lindsey Ford Wheaton MD) puts a new price in front of me with a $10K ADM which he is discounting to $7500! I walked away -- can they really do this, I mean I have several screen shots and emails saying the price is $56K now the dealer says it's $66K but will take off $2,500 for me...can I change dealers at this point? I'd like to have this car but feel like this is 1975...

Thanks for your thoughts/advice, MachEmaybe
There is an electronic agreement between you and the dealer.

He posted his selling price, you agreed to it and put up earnest money, and the dealer accepted electronically.

This seems as good as a signed contract.

Others have went into the purchase with the web page printout that explicitly says ‘dealer accepted price’ , and the dealerships have backed down.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts