21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Great to have you @RetiredDP ! If you haven't yet, add your info here

·
Registered
498 Posts
New member from Northern California, near Tahoe. My first car was a 1967 Mustang GT390 California Special, bought new in '67 (for $3,300 US). Added 13"x10" custom wheels on the rear, with F1 tires, recapped with slightly harder street rubber. I was trying to stick the rear end while autocrossing, unsuccessfully (70/30 weight distribution on the GT390). I've been racing cars and motorcycles since I was 8. Currently autoxing a Focus RS. Mach-E GT on order (10048xxx), and will probably go with the Performance Edition. I talked with someone (who shall remain nameless), who said that Ford was trying hard to reduce the weight on the PE model. Aluminum suspension or body, like the F-150? Who knows? If 0-60 is 3.5 on the GT, what will it be on the PE? It'd be great if it could match the Corvette C8.
Sweet 67'!

mach-e performance edition 0-60 time's within the high 2-second range would not only be great for matching the C8 but also Tesla's 'Ludicrous' mode. I seriously hope that's what Ford is aiming for. Please keep us posted on anything that can be sent out way about the PE.

·
Registered
Mach e GT
2 Posts
A Newbie here from SW lower Michigan. I decided to pull the trigger on the GT. but am waiting to contact local dealer. I have 3 EV rated dealers within reasonable distance and have no experience with any.
I am long time GM fan when it comes to cars. I have owned 3 Ford pickups the latest a 97 F250 Powerstroke. Currently 2010 SRX-4, 2012 Scion XB, 2016 Camaro SS-2 Convertible. One will have to go but it looks like I have a while to make up my mind.
With the Covid-19 issues all Auto dealers are shut down here as I assume is the case in most areas. I am waiting to talk to my local choices before I make a commitment. All seem to have good reputations.
Does anyone know if the dealer of choice on the pre order can be changed if wanted??

The wait is on!

·
Registered
507 Posts
A Newbie here from SW lower Michigan. I decided to pull the trigger on the GT. but am waiting to contact local dealer. I have 3 EV rated dealers within reasonable distance and have no experience with any.
I am long time GM fan when it comes to cars. I have owned 3 Ford pickups the latest a 97 F250 Powerstroke. Currently 2010 SRX-4, 2012 Scion XB, 2016 Camaro SS-2 Convertible. One will have to go but it looks like I have a while to make up my mind.
With the Covid-19 issues all Auto dealers are shut down here as I assume is the case in most areas. I am waiting to talk to my local choices before I make a commitment. All seem to have good reputations.
Does anyone know if the dealer of choice on the pre order can be changed if wanted??

The wait is on!
Welcome to the forum @Gunshots !

That's a good question about the dealer of choice. I suspect you can, but it might be more complicated.

Ford has said that you can change any details in the pre-order, but the idea is that they refund you the deposit, then hook you up with a dealer to spec it out and sign an actual contract. I suspect you'll hear from Ford corporate first, so you can probably tell them then.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
554 Posts
We have heard from Ford that dealer can be changed. Whether that will be true when we actually reach reservation-to-order conversion will be another question.

You are already well down on the reservation list. It might be worth doing the research on dealers before actually placing the reservation. Ask on the regional forum for your area and see if you have some folks local to you who can help out.

·
Registered
507 Posts
We have heard from Ford that dealer can be changed. Whether that will be true when we actually reach reservation-to-order conversion will be another question.

You are already well down on the reservation list. It might be worth doing the research on dealers before actually placing the reservation. Ask on the regional forum for your area and see if you have some folks local to you who can help out.
Good point. Depending on the dealer you might be able to get your vehicle a lot sooner.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
554 Posts
Good point. Depending on the dealer you might be able to get your vehicle a lot sooner.
I wouldn't make that assumption. While some dealers may have some sort of edge, Ford has clearly stated delivery will be in the order of reservation date. Of course, who knows what will change when their plans convert to reality.

·
Administrator
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Let's welcome our new members!
Please take a moment to introduce yourselves in this thread or create your own in the New Members Introduction Section

·
Registered
663 Posts
Let's welcome our new members!
Please take a moment to introduce yourselves in this thread or create your own in the New Members Introduction Section
Glad to have you on the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
New guy from AZ~! My first car I bought at 15 & worked on it for the next 12 months to make it street ready was a 67 Candy Apple Red Mustang Coup. So I'm here to educate myself on anything & everything I can about the new Mach e. I've test drove the Jaguar EV & although it was nice, lots of tech it had a hefty price tag for a range of about 230 miles. Scratch it off the list. My sister has a Tesla 3 & I've recently taken a test ride in a Tesla Y. Impressed with the Y with speed, room, & tech. So far my research has found the Mach e will be very similar to the Y in size, space, range, etc. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I want to button smash & test drive the Mach e first. I've recently watched the video on Tesla 3 regrets after they owned in 12 months. Tesla Model 3 Advice: Truth And Regrets After 15,000 Miles I was rather annoyed at the paint issues & the lack to detail it seems to have like floor mats. Ford knows it has to knock this out of the park given the Mustang badge. So I'm leaning towards the Mustang at this point & so want to pull the trigger to make it happen. The one thing my sister told me when considering a EV is she wish she would have bought the extended battery so I'm going with the 300 mile range battery. I've learned that EVERYTHING runs on the battery including the A/C & here in AZ you kinda need that so the extended range battery is almost required IMO. I want to do some cross country travel & I want this to perform for that reason. I've used the Ford page that calculates routes across country using the charging stations and it doesn't really seem so bad. Yeah I know, expect 45 minutes for a full charge but when you're not in a hurry it's good to stretch your legs & I'm sure people will be wanting to chat & take pictures at the charging stations to pass the time. I've also looked at other manufactures of EV's and so far I've narrowed it down to Tesla Y but most likely it will be the Mach e. So with that ... I'm off to do more research & see what I can learn.

·
Registered
663 Posts
New guy from AZ~! My first car I bought at 15 & worked on it for the next 12 months to make it street ready was a 67 Candy Apple Red Mustang Coup. So I'm here to educate myself on anything & everything I can about the new Mach e. I've test drove the Jaguar EV & although it was nice, lots of tech it had a hefty price tag for a range of about 230 miles. Scratch it off the list. My sister has a Tesla 3 & I've recently taken a test ride in a Tesla Y. Impressed with the Y with speed, room, & tech. So far my research has found the Mach e will be very similar to the Y in size, space, range, etc. I haven't pulled the trigger yet because I want to button smash & test drive the Mach e first. I've recently watched the video on Tesla 3 regrets after they owned in 12 months. Tesla Model 3 Advice: Truth And Regrets After 15,000 Miles I was rather annoyed at the paint issues & the lack to detail it seems to have like floor mats. Ford knows it has to knock this out of the park given the Mustang badge. So I'm leaning towards the Mustang at this point & so want to pull the trigger to make it happen. The one thing my sister told me when considering a EV is she wish she would have bought the extended battery so I'm going with the 300 mile range battery. I've learned that EVERYTHING runs on the battery including the A/C & here in AZ you kinda need that so the extended range battery is almost required IMO. I want to do some cross country travel & I want this to perform for that reason. I've used the Ford page that calculates routes across country using the charging stations and it doesn't really seem so bad. Yeah I know, expect 45 minutes for a full charge but when you're not in a hurry it's good to stretch your legs & I'm sure people will be wanting to chat & take pictures at the charging stations to pass the time. I've also looked at other manufactures of EV's and so far I've narrowed it down to Tesla Y but most likely it will be the Mach e. So with that ... I'm off to do more research & see what I can learn.
Welcome to the club Jack! After driving the Model Y, is there anything you hope the Mach-E has or does that the Model Y doesn't?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the Welcome~! Excellent question and one that I've thought about & researched. Requirement will be a lumbar support in both seats~! With a spinal cord injury from the military this simple request will be a deal breaker. Sadly I can't find any information about said lumbar support. Tesla Y does have it on both front seats. The lines on the Mach e are SOOOO much better than the Tesla Y and is what draws people attention it. Every Tesla has the same front end & the overall lines leave a lot to be desired. Would like to see the front Pony badge lit up a LED "electric blue" something like what you might see on the Mercedes & this might come in an aftermarket thing or in a follow on year. Imagine a electric blue Pony coming at you down the road or seeing one at night in the parking lot coming at you~! I've learned that all Mustangs will come equipped with self driving but will require software to be turned on to use it. I didn't care for the steering wheel balls to control everything on the Tesla Y, it wasn't user friendly in my opinion. But that might be my not having a lot of exposure to it. I like the phone charger on the Mach e~! I haven't been able to find the numbers on the Mach e ground clearance yet ... and I believe the insurance will be cheaper on the Mach e due to aftermarket replacement parts for a Ford vs no aftermarket parts for the Tesla Y ... that means more beer money ;-) I really hope that the interior doesn't look cheap ... this could also be a deal breaker. When I was looking for my military retirement gift to myself I wanted a convertible ... Mustang was the first one I looked at. But honestly, the dash board looked extremely cheap like something you would find on a Pinto and the price they were asking it just wasn't going to happen. The pictures I see so far look pretty good. Although the center console looks a little cheap compared to the Tesla Y. I'm hoping the cloth fabric they have over the OB sound bar doesn't fade, tear, rot or gets dirty that easily. Tesla Y doesn't have that issue. I really hope that the Mach e holds up for the tech side of things ... Mach e has the Tesla Y on looks ... but I think it's to close to call who has who on tech within the car.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Thanks for the Welcome~! Excellent question and one that I've thought about & researched. Requirement will be a lumbar support in both seats~! With a spinal cord injury from the military this simple request will be a deal breaker. Sadly I can't find any information about said lumbar support. Tesla Y does have it on both front seats. The lines on the Mach e are SOOOO much better than the Tesla Y and is what draws people attention it. Every Tesla has the same front end & the overall lines leave a lot to be desired. Would like to see the front Pony badge lit up a LED "electric blue" something like what you might see on the Mercedes & this might come in an aftermarket thing or in a follow on year. Imagine a electric blue Pony coming at you down the road or seeing one at night in the parking lot coming at you~! I've learned that all Mustangs will come equipped with self driving but will require software to be turned on to use it. I didn't care for the steering wheel balls to control everything on the Tesla Y, it wasn't user friendly in my opinion. But that might be my not having a lot of exposure to it. I like the phone charger on the Mach e~! I haven't been able to find the numbers on the Mach e ground clearance yet ... and I believe the insurance will be cheaper on the Mach e due to aftermarket replacement parts for a Ford vs no aftermarket parts for the Tesla Y ... that means more beer money ;-) I really hope that the interior doesn't look cheap ... this could also be a deal breaker. When I was looking for my military retirement gift to myself I wanted a convertible ... Mustang was the first one I looked at. But honestly, the dash board looked extremely cheap like something you would find on a Pinto and the price they were asking it just wasn't going to happen. The pictures I see so far look pretty good. Although the center console looks a little cheap compared to the Tesla Y. I'm hoping the cloth fabric they have over the OB sound bar doesn't fade, tear, rot or gets dirty that easily. Tesla Y doesn't have that issue. I really hope that the Mach e holds up for the tech side of things ... Mach e has the Tesla Y on looks ... but I think it's to close to call who has who on tech within the car.
First off, thanks for your service Jack! As far as the seats go, the Mach-E should have the same comfort, if not more than the Model Y because the seats look pretty similar. The blue pony is a great idea and I'm sure someone is going to come up with an aftermarket option. As for quality control I'll happily put my money on Ford beating Tesla.

Here's a great video that compares the Mach-E and Model Y interiors.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts