21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Great to have you @RetiredDP ! If you haven't yet, add your info here

·
Registered
428 Posts
New member from Northern California, near Tahoe. My first car was a 1967 Mustang GT390 California Special, bought new in '67 (for $3,300 US). Added 13"x10" custom wheels on the rear, with F1 tires, recapped with slightly harder street rubber. I was trying to stick the rear end while autocrossing, unsuccessfully (70/30 weight distribution on the GT390). I've been racing cars and motorcycles since I was 8. Currently autoxing a Focus RS. Mach-E GT on order (10048xxx), and will probably go with the Performance Edition. I talked with someone (who shall remain nameless), who said that Ford was trying hard to reduce the weight on the PE model. Aluminum suspension or body, like the F-150? Who knows? If 0-60 is 3.5 on the GT, what will it be on the PE? It'd be great if it could match the Corvette C8.
Sweet 67'!

mach-e performance edition 0-60 time's within the high 2-second range would not only be great for matching the C8 but also Tesla's 'Ludicrous' mode. I seriously hope that's what Ford is aiming for. Please keep us posted on anything that can be sent out way about the PE.

·
Registered
Mach e GT
2 Posts
A Newbie here from SW lower Michigan. I decided to pull the trigger on the GT. but am waiting to contact local dealer. I have 3 EV rated dealers within reasonable distance and have no experience with any.
I am long time GM fan when it comes to cars. I have owned 3 Ford pickups the latest a 97 F250 Powerstroke. Currently 2010 SRX-4, 2012 Scion XB, 2016 Camaro SS-2 Convertible. One will have to go but it looks like I have a while to make up my mind.
With the Covid-19 issues all Auto dealers are shut down here as I assume is the case in most areas. I am waiting to talk to my local choices before I make a commitment. All seem to have good reputations.
Does anyone know if the dealer of choice on the pre order can be changed if wanted??

The wait is on!

·
Registered
470 Posts
A Newbie here from SW lower Michigan. I decided to pull the trigger on the GT. but am waiting to contact local dealer. I have 3 EV rated dealers within reasonable distance and have no experience with any.
I am long time GM fan when it comes to cars. I have owned 3 Ford pickups the latest a 97 F250 Powerstroke. Currently 2010 SRX-4, 2012 Scion XB, 2016 Camaro SS-2 Convertible. One will have to go but it looks like I have a while to make up my mind.
With the Covid-19 issues all Auto dealers are shut down here as I assume is the case in most areas. I am waiting to talk to my local choices before I make a commitment. All seem to have good reputations.
Does anyone know if the dealer of choice on the pre order can be changed if wanted??

The wait is on!
Welcome to the forum @Gunshots !

That's a good question about the dealer of choice. I suspect you can, but it might be more complicated.

Ford has said that you can change any details in the pre-order, but the idea is that they refund you the deposit, then hook you up with a dealer to spec it out and sign an actual contract. I suspect you'll hear from Ford corporate first, so you can probably tell them then.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
355 Posts
We have heard from Ford that dealer can be changed. Whether that will be true when we actually reach reservation-to-order conversion will be another question.

You are already well down on the reservation list. It might be worth doing the research on dealers before actually placing the reservation. Ask on the regional forum for your area and see if you have some folks local to you who can help out.

·
Registered
470 Posts
We have heard from Ford that dealer can be changed. Whether that will be true when we actually reach reservation-to-order conversion will be another question.

You are already well down on the reservation list. It might be worth doing the research on dealers before actually placing the reservation. Ask on the regional forum for your area and see if you have some folks local to you who can help out.
Good point. Depending on the dealer you might be able to get your vehicle a lot sooner.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
355 Posts
Good point. Depending on the dealer you might be able to get your vehicle a lot sooner.
I wouldn't make that assumption. While some dealers may have some sort of edge, Ford has clearly stated delivery will be in the order of reservation date. Of course, who knows what will change when their plans convert to reality.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts