Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi there!
West Central Florida ‘14 Ford Focus ST owner here.

I’ve honestly never been a huge fan of the Mustang due to only being offered as a coupe but with the new Mach E I’m totally interested! Especially with hopes of growing my family soon™.

I’ve grown up a Ford fan because my grandfather worked as an engineer there his whole life.

I’ve been considering an EV for my next vehicle and the timing of this beast is perfect. Anxiously awaiting news on the GT model. Would have to have that in Grabber Blue for sure.

One aspect of the forums I’d be interested in would be a Performance section and a cosmetic modifications section.

cheers!
Welcome to the forum! Do you plan on keeping your ST with the Mach-E?

That's really cool about your grandfather, which cars did he work on?

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Do you plan on keeping your ST with the Mach-E?

That's really cool about your grandfather, which cars did he work on?
Thank you! It's a hard call on keeping the ST or not. On one hand it's still worth a good amount and would help pay for the MME but on the other hand it's a very sentimental car to me; for one because it was something that me and my grandfather connected a lot with before he passed away so it reminds me a lot of him but also because it's the first new car I've ever owned. My wife says I should keep it. We'll see!

He worked at the Minneapolis-St. Paul plant before retiring some time in the 80's - it looks like they manufactured auto glass as well as the LTD and Sportsman Convertible there. It's funny, we were looking at a lot of his old stuff a few years ago and we found out that one of his employees wrote "a**hole" on the back of his office door name plate as a practical joke! 😂

·
Registered
710 Posts
Thank you! It's a hard call on keeping the ST or not. On one hand it's still worth a good amount and would help pay for the MME but on the other hand it's a very sentimental car to me; for one because it was something that me and my grandfather connected a lot with before he passed away so it reminds me a lot of him but also because it's the first new car I've ever owned. My wife says I should keep it. We'll see!

He worked at the Minneapolis-St. Paul plant before retiring some time in the 80's - it looks like they manufactured auto glass as well as the LTD and Sportsman Convertible there. It's funny, we were looking at a lot of his old stuff a few years ago and we found out that one of his employees wrote "a**hole" on the back of his office door name plate as a practical joke! 😂
I agree with your wife, if you can keep it then go for it! Especially with how much it means to you and your grandfather. That story is hilarious hahaha. My grandfather spent a lot of time working with Chrysler.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Welcome to the Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum!

This thread is for any first-time posters to introduce themselves and give a small description of who they are, as well as any further details they wish to include. We would also like to remind everyone to fill out their profile by uploading an avatar and to fill out the signature section. By doing this, our goal is to help establish a greater sense of community among Mustang Mach-E owners and enthusiasts. Alternatively, you can create your own dedicated introduction thread as many have done already!

Joining us this week:
Just joined this morning. Ordered my Premium yesterday. Looking forward to meeting new friends.

·
Registered
33 Posts
2016 Ford Fusion Platinum Hybrid and a 2015 Acura MDX.

Reactions: Cowherd.J

·
Registered
806 Posts
Nice. Are you replacing either (or maybe both)?

Seems like there are a few Fusion Hybrid owners here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Replacing the Fusion. Giving it to my grandson. We plan on keeping the MDX.

Reactions: St00k

·
Super Moderator
1,877 Posts
Nice. Are you replacing either (or maybe both)?

Seems like there are a few Fusion Hybrid owners here.
I’m one of those Fusion owners.

Welcome to the Club, @IlliniBird
Did you go for the extended range battery, RWD or AWD, and what color did you choose?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thank you. I look forward to getting to know the members!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to the Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum!

This thread is for any first-time posters to introduce themselves and give a small description of who they are, as well as any further details they wish to include. We would also like to remind everyone to fill out their profile by uploading an avatar and to fill out the signature section. By doing this, our goal is to help establish a greater sense of community among Mustang Mach-E owners and enthusiasts. Alternatively, you can create your own dedicated introduction thread as many have done already!

Joining us this week:
new member from Long Island NY. Never owned a Ford. I have driven a Prius for 4 years and a Lexus Hybrid before that. Can't wait to drive my Premium Space White AWD ER. Between the beautiful looks, tech package, room for future grandkids one day, and Fed and State credits, what can be better? Only 1 possible downside, the dealers are awful so far. Went into one and they acted as if I was going to spend $50 instead of $50k. They knew nothing. Chose another and only slightly better. Wish I could skip them totally. Also joined MCA and will use the x-plan. Going to be lots of fun.

·
Registered
16 Posts
new member from Long Island NY. Never owned a Ford. I have driven a Prius for 4 years and a Lexus Hybrid before that. Can't wait to drive my Premium Space White AWD ER. Between the beautiful looks, tech package, room for future grandkids one day, and Fed and State credits, what can be better? Only 1 possible downside, the dealers are awful so far. Went into one and they acted as if I was going to spend $50 instead of $50k. They knew nothing. Chose another and only slightly better. Wish I could skip them totally. Also joined MCA and will use the x-plan. Going to be lots of fun.
[/QUote
On Monday 10

·
Registered
16 Posts
I received the."Sorry to hit the brakes" email on Monday 1012/20 and called my dealer. They told me they will calling all reservations "soon". Didn't want to wait so called then again yesterday 10/17. Was told same. Did t make sense so asked for the manager. I asked him to please place the order and that I would be using the option loan with the x plan (Joined MCA). His store was the second one in 2 weeks that acted like they couldn't be bothered with a 55k sale and possible referrals. He said hold on a second, converted the order, and my online order got the second checkmark! I know that Ford is stuck with their dealers, but really, get with the program!

·
Registered
Mustang Mach-E PREMIUM Extended Range Battery - AWD - Infinite Blue Metallic Tinted Clearcoat
4 Posts
New Member.
Currently drive a 20 year old Honda and a Harley Davidson. Was actually looking into the Explorer Hybrid when I came across the Mach E. Ordered it a couple of months ago, but just found the forum today.

Reactions: St00k

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Hello from Central Ohio. I just jumped over from the VW ID-4 Forum. I had a AWD preordered, but found out they are delayed until next fall. I haven’t order the Mach-E yet, but seriously considering it. It’s very similar in size to the ID-4, and has better performance. I’ll probably order the Premium AWD, but need to ask my local dealer some questions first.

I’ve always been a “car guy”, and owned a 1966 Mustang when they came out. I’ve totally bought into EV’s, and won’t own another ICE vehicle. I‘m waiting for a 3-row EV (other than Tesla) to come out, so the Mach-E will be my first EV, and will be a transition vehicle, while waiting for something larger.

Looking forward to learning more about the Mach-E from the forum members.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hello from Central Ohio. I just jumped over from the VW ID-4 Forum. I had a AWD preordered, but found out they are delayed until next fall. I haven’t order the Mach-E yet, but seriously considering it. It’s very similar in size to the ID-4, and has better performance. I’ll probably order the Premium AWD, but need to ask my local dealer some questions first.

I’ve always been a “car guy”, and owned a 1966 Mustang when they came out. I’ve totally bought into EV’s, and won’t own another ICE vehicle. I‘m waiting for a 3-row EV (other than Tesla) to come out, so the Mach-E will be my first EV, and will be a transition vehicle, while waiting for something larger.

Looking forward to learning more about the Mach-E from the forum members.
Welcome! What questions do you have about the Mach-E?

41 - 60 of 95 Posts