Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Welcome! What questions do you have about the Mach-E?
Thanks for asking! Nothing specific now. I’ve been reading the threads, and learning a lot already. I’m anxious to see the auto journalists driving review videos on the 15th.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Thanks for asking! Nothing specific now. I’ve been reading the threads, and learning a lot already. I’m anxious to see the auto journalists driving review videos on the 15th.
I hope you've seen some of the early reviews, like this one from Alex on Autos.
He covers a lot in 30 minutes except for how it drives due to embargo.

Also it would be great to get your take on the ID.4 after seriously considering it.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
I hope you've seen some of the early reviews, like this one from Alex on Autos.
He covers a lot in 30 minutes except for how it drives due to embargo.

Also it would be great to get your take on the ID.4 after seriously considering it.
Yes, I’ve been following Alex on Autos for years. I also like Out of Spec Reviews and InsideEVs.

I like the ID-4, but I preorder the AWD, that was originally scheduled for “mid-2021.” Within the past few days, they changed it to Fall 2021. Which means, it could be a year to get one. I canceled my reservation. The Mach-E has very similar dimensions, with better performance.

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
If I don’t want delivery of the MME unti April or May, does anyone know when I should place the order?
Thanks!
Welcome to the Club!

That’s a tough question. You can start a whole thread with that one!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,221 Posts
If I don’t want delivery of the MME unti April or May, does anyone know when I should place the order?
Thanks!
Probably should order now unless you want to wait until summer. September orders are now getting February build dates. Plan for about 6 weeks for delivery. They just opened ordering in the UK and will soon open ordering elsewhere in the EU. That means lots of new orders are flooding in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! New member here in Los Angeles. I currently drive a 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid and have my order in for a CA Rt 1 Space White MME and I can’t wait for it. Sadly, I placed my order on 12/10, so I will have to wait a while. Until then, I’ll live vicariously through you all!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all,
Aussie just moved to the UK and reserved a MME! My Aussie friends and family are jealous

My mates and I were all car nuts growing up but the classic transition to fatherhood happened. I love the current generation of Mustang (ice version) and was keen but along came a wife and a year later a new baby. We are now expecting our second so I'm pretty sure I would be buried in the back yard if I was to buy a two door coupe.

Interestingly here (UK) new petrol only sales will cease in 2025, so most cars will be hybrid or BEV. My job needs me to drive to city centres on occasion so I was on the look out for a new electric car. The Tesla 3 is good, but my god do the door handles suck and my god, how bloody cringe worthy is it when a Model 3 owner does a fart noise ... it hurts my soul (please Ford don't introduce this).

The Mustang Mach-E is perfect for my family now and into the future. Meets future regulations, meets future baby seat needs and has wicked looks and performance to match.

It's like the car was built for me - so if you're from Ford and reading this: thank you for not making an ugly electric car, not adding weird splashes of blue (looking at your BMW) and for making it affordable(ish)!

The only query I have is:
  • is the sloped rear too cramped for a dog?
  • Should I extend further and get the AWD std range? it snows, only very occasionally, so it could be handy?
  • The Red looks amazing - should I change reservation from Black to Red! (very torn on this point)

On order is a Black, Std Range, RWD Mustang Mach E

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,267 Posts
Hi all,
Aussie just moved to the UK and reserved a MME! My Aussie friends and family are jealous

My mates and I were all car nuts growing up but the classic transition to fatherhood happened. I love the current generation of Mustang (ice version) and was keen but along came a wife and a year later a new baby. We are now expecting our second so I'm pretty sure I would be buried in the back yard if I was to buy a two door coupe.

Interestingly here (UK) new petrol only sales will cease in 2025, so most cars will be hybrid or BEV. My job needs me to drive to city centres on occasion so I was on the look out for a new electric car. The Tesla 3 is good, but my god do the door handles suck and my god, how bloody cringe worthy is it when a Model 3 owner does a fart noise ... it hurts my soul (please Ford don't introduce this).

The Mustang Mach-E is perfect for my family now and into the future. Meets future regulations, meets future baby seat needs and has wicked looks and performance to match.

It's like the car was built for me - so if you're from Ford and reading this: thank you for not making an ugly electric car, not adding weird splashes of blue (looking at your BMW) and for making it affordable(ish)!

• Should I extend further and get the AWD std range? it snows, only very occasionally, so it could be handy?
  • The Red looks amazing - should I change reservation from Black to Red! (very torn on this point)

Welcome,
I spent a lot of time in Australia working with the AFP and the Customs when I was living in Singapore. I ordered a Premium RWD X Range. I personally don't see the need for an AWD unless the snow is heavy and frequent. I lived in the NYC area for decades and did quite well with a RWD vehicle. Colors are always subjective but as good as Black looks it's a dust collector and shows it but while the Red is quite stunning here in the States it's a "Copper Magnet". Good Luck with a wise decision and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,155 Posts

Welcome!

These are just my thoughts and/or opinion:

• I think any dog up to small German Shepard, less than 60 lbs., will fit fine in the rear behind the seats.
  • Remember this is a very, very heavy car so even in RWD it should do just fine in up to 2/3 inches of snow. In the US the AWD is an extra $2,700 and the EPA range is decreased by 10% from 230 to 211 miles. Personally, if I were in the UK, where it hardly ever snows. I would not spend the extra for AWD. The MME comes with all season tires. If you find that you need extra, a set of good snow tires for the winter will get you through at a 1/3 the price of AWD plus it will extend the mileage on your all season tires - so it will practically cost you nothing!
  • Color is in the eye of the beholder. I ordered the FE so my color options were limited. Red might attract police on the motorway if you are going above the speed limit. I have seen the blue in person and I really like it. There are no really bad choices.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome!

• I think any dog up to small German Shepard, less than 60 lbs., will fit fine in the rear behind the seats.
  • Remember this is a very, very heavy car so even in RWD it should do just fine in up to 2/3 inches of snow. In the US the AWD is an extra $2,700 and the EPA range is decreased by 10% from 230 to 211 miles. Personally, if I were in the UK, where it hardly ever snows. I would not spend the extra for AWD. The MME comes with all season tires. If you find that you need extra, a set of good snow tires for the winter will get you through at a 1/3 the price of AWD plus it will extend the mileage on your all season tires - so it will practically cost you nothing!
  • Color is in the eye of the beholder. I ordered the FE so my color options were limited. Red might attract police on the motorway if you are going above the speed limit. I have seen the blue in person and I really like it. There are no really bad choices.
Cheers, glad to hear he'll fit in the back!

And agree with you on the AWD and given half the country drive in small hatchbacks and seem to survive I'm sure the MME will be fine.

Reactions: JTK44

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Welcome!

Agree, with the rear seat back up I was able to sit with approx. seven inches/17.78cm and with the seat back down there is plenty of space

·
Registered
2017, Chevy Bolt - Reserved 2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
72 Posts
Hi all,

You don't need AWD in your climate. Choose the extended range battery as you will never regret having more range. Black is nice but hard to keep looking good.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You don't need AWD in your climate. Choose the extended range battery as you will never regret having more range. Black is nice but hard to keep looking good.
Settled with the RWD - colour is still in the air

I would go the Extended Range but it's a whopping £9,000 ($12,000 USD) premium!

That means you get a nicer interior, roof, sound and seats along with the extended range but paying an extra 25% more for neeearly the same car is a bit of a stretch for me at the moment

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,155 Posts
Settled with the RWD - colour is still in the air

I would go the Extended Range but it's a whopping £9,000 ($12,000 USD) premium!

That means you get a nicer interior, roof, sound and seats along with the extended range but paying an extra 25% more for neeearly the same car is a bit of a stretch for me at the moment

Here in the US, extended range is not offered on the Select. To get the extended you must move up to the premium model.

The Select standard range is $42,845. The Premium is $47,000 + $5,000 for extended range, total $52,000, a difference of just under $10,000.

Keep in mind the Premium has additional equipment: if you do not need or want the extra equipment than you are probably better off staying with the Select.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello! I just joined yesterday because I have a lot of questions and don't know who to ask. I really love the look of the mach-e and love mustangs (I had a red mustang GT convertible that I loved but had to trade in for a minivan). I'm finally out of the family car stage and get to get my first non-mom car in 16 years! I definitely want an electric vehicle and I like the Teslas but they are everywhere and nowhere near as sexy as the Mach-e. My main dilemmas right now are: 1) ordering a car I haven't been able to test drive; 2) ordering the premium now or holding out for the GT (Grabber Blue!!!) in "late summer 2021."

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
Hello! I just joined yesterday because I have a lot of questions and don't know who to ask. I really love the look of the mach-e and love mustangs (I had a red mustang GT convertible that I loved but had to trade in for a minivan). I'm finally out of the family car stage and get to get my first non-mom car in 16 years! I definitely want an electric vehicle and I like the Teslas but they are everywhere and nowhere near as sexy as the Mach-e. My main dilemmas right now are: 1) ordering a car I haven't been able to test drive; 2) ordering the premium now or holding out for the GT (Grabber Blue!!!) in "late summer 2021."
Second part first, I ordered and am waiting for a Premium because primarily I didn't want to wait ( HA I've waited a year) but if I really like the MMe and there are changes in battery and range over the next couple of years I may trade up to a GT. Check with your dealer but generally the $500 or more deposit is refundable if you refuse delivery or you can wait for the Demos drive it and decide.
Make it a point of browsing the various sections of the Forum for comparisons between the Tesla and Mach E. Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
1,876 Posts
Welcome to the Club!!

There should be test drive units at dealers next month, not too long a wait.

If you don’t need a vehicle right away, hold out for the GT. As a prior Mustang GT owner, you will be glad you did. Not only for the color you really want, but the extra performance.

Look around the forum, there is plenty to read. Ask questions, we have a helpful group here.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

For test drives, dealers should be getting demo units in the next 4 weeks or so. Then you should be able to arrange a test drive pretty easily.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts