Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi All,

New to the forum. Read a lot so I think I have some knowledge due to all the smart people on this forum. Almost ready to put in a reservation but trying to figure out a few things.

Option 1 is Premium AWD extended.
Option 2 is GT AWD extended.

You will be noticing my question crop up as I try to figure out the right option for me.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
148 Posts
Hi All,

New to the forum. Read a lot so I think I have some knowledge due to all the smart people on this forum. Almost ready to put in a reservation but trying to figure out a few things.

Option 1 is Premium AWD extended.
Option 2 is GT AWD extended.

You will be noticing my question crop up as I try to figure out the right option for me.
If paying extra for the GT is a non issue then the extra features and function are worth getting the best version of the MME. Is having more sporty seats, adjustable suspension, nicer looking wheels and front end important? How about faster 0 to 60?

Personally I think the MME Premium extended is already a little beyond what most of us need, but an MME FE will be in our stable in the next couple of weeks! We were going to choose the Premium but the Grabber Blue looks so nice so we are paying extra for the FE.

My wife and I have a Chevy Bolt and have enjoyed it but it does not have enough trunk room and we wanted a little more range along with faster DC L3 charging. It is also front wheel drive which is ok but not great for our winter snow covered roads in Ontario Canada.

·
Administrator
113 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Rapid Red
244 Posts
New Member from Northern NY. Been researching a lot but needed to make sure the interior was roomy enough for the kids, one of whom is bigger than I am. Local dealer received their demo model last week so went on a test drive. Couldn’t find anything not to like so I went on a quest. Found a dealership that had an “extra” one inbound (dealer’s owner’s wife ordered it and then gave up when it was delayed) AND was selling for MSRP. Had all the wife’s requirements: Red Premium AWD ER so we dropped a deposit. They expect to take delivery in Mid-March and I expect to take delivery a few days later. Enjoying reading everyone’s experiences and can’t wait to share my own.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
New Member from Northern NY. Been researching a lot but needed to make sure the interior was roomy enough for the kids, one of whom is bigger than I am. Local dealer received their demo model last week so went on a test drive. Couldn’t find anything not to like so I went on a quest. Found a dealership that had an “extra” one inbound (dealer’s owner’s wife ordered it and then gave up when it was delayed) AND was selling for MSRP. Had all the wife’s requirements: Red Premium AWD ER so we dropped a deposit. They expect to take delivery in Mid-March and I expect to take delivery a few days later. Enjoying reading everyone’s experiences and can’t wait to share my own.
Welcome @Murse-In-Airy!

What other vehicles were you looking at before deciding to go with the Mach-E?
How are you planning to charge at home?

Add your MME to The Mach-E Owners Registry on delivery day!

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD Rapid Red
244 Posts
Welcome @Murse-In-Airy!

What other vehicles were you looking at before deciding to go with the Mach-E?
How are you planning to charge at home?

Add your MME to The Mach-E Owners Registry on delivery day!
Thanks for the welcome @machstang. We have only ever had ICE vehicles. We were looking hybrid (test drove the Highlander) or Plug-In Hybrid (The RAV four had nice stats but didn’t quite fit the bill). Ford Hybrids barely got better gas milage than their pure ICE versions. The Mach-E really fits our niche nicely As my wife’s commuter / soccer Mom car. We have a 3 stall garage it can be parked in every night so the Mach-E can be plugged in and keeping the battery charged /conditioned.

As far as charging, I had the electrician out yesterday looking to add a 50 or 60 amp circuit to the garage. If I can get a 60 amp without too much difficulty, then I would like to get the Ford charger. But if I don’t hear back from him soon, I’m looking at the ChargePoint Flex that I can use with my existing 30 Amp circuit that my air compressor is on. Then if/when I can get a larger circuit, I can move the ChargePoint Flex to the 40, 50, or even 60 AMP circuit (whatever the electrician can get me without having to completely redo my electrical).

I will certainly add my info to the registry when I know it. Happy driving.

·
Administrator
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,228 Posts
Hi All, and Welcome. In as much as this is the first day with my new Star White MACH-E Premium RWD/ER, I am in a VERY GOOD MOOD.🥳

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi All,
This is Rex from Orlando, Florida. I just joined this forum a few days ago. Early in 2020 I had been looking for a replacement SUV for a few years. One of the main issues I was running into is that the car/SUV I would be replacing is a 2006 Infiniti FX35 - a fantastic 6-cyclinder car with immediate throttle response - just a super high quality car I've had since 2009 - and it still runs great! All the SUV's I had been test driving were all "turbo" (even the Porsches) - as in "turbo lag". My car was worth about $2-3000 and I didn't want to spend $50-60,000 for something that had worse response! In early February, 2020 I test drove a Tesla for the first time (Model 3). The throttle response in the Tesla was stunning - blew anything I had ever driven out of the water! However, I hated the stark interior. So a Tesla would not be in my future!

A few days later (right after the Super Bowl) I first heard about the Mustang Mach E. And based on the pictures it looked awesome. Reservation made! I reserved an Infinite Blue exterior (white interior as I'm in Florida)... Premium AWD Extended.

My actual order date then ended up being July 8, 2020.

I first received a Build Week date of February 8, 2021. Later that was changed to February 22, 2021.

A couple of weeks ago I got a surprise call from my dealer (Sun State Ford). They had just received a Mustang Mach E and I could test drive it - and have it overnight!

After a year of waiting and never even having seen it in person, I was eagerly looking forward to it.

The Mustang was even better looking than I had expected! It ended up being a white exterior (which I thought looked great).

I am relatively tall (6'1") and I was concerned about the seat - but it was super comfortable. Having said that, I am going to consider getting custom work to extend the seat due to my long legs.

Overall the car blew me away. It was a Rear Wheel drive, with Extended battery. It was super responsive - and the whole car just felt great - I was thrilled!

Even more stunning, my wife loved it! (And she is used to driving a Lexus SUV.)

So... I first get the test vehicle... I drive it home from the dealer... and a City Utilities truck pulls in behind me in my driveway. The Utilities guy gets out and the first thing he says is that my house has a code violation. Then he says, "just kidding - I wanted to see this Mustang!" He had followed me home! That was hilarious. A couple of hours later I was in the drive-through at a Chick-Fil-A, and one of the kids serving me was amazed at the car, and asked me all about it.

Final item (for now!): I now have a delivery date from Ford of April 9-15. (And by the way, I did not get any kind of a rebate for any delay in my car being delivered.)

I now eagerly wait!

And it is great to meet everyone!

Rex

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Hi All,
This is Rex from Orlando, Florida. I just joined this forum a few days ago. Early in 2020 I had been looking for a replacement SUV for a few years. One of the main issues I was running into is that the car/SUV I would be replacing is a 2006 Infiniti FX35 - a fantastic 6-cyclinder car with immediate throttle response - just a super high quality car I've had since 2009 - and it still runs great! All the SUV's I had been test driving were all "turbo" (even the Porsches) - as in "turbo lag". My car was worth about $2-3000 and I didn't want to spend $50-60,000 for something that had worse response! In early February, 2020 I test drove a Tesla for the first time (Model 3). The throttle response in the Tesla was stunning - blew anything I had ever driven out of the water! However, I hated the stark interior. So a Tesla would not be in my future!

A few days later (right after the Super Bowl) I first heard about the Mustang Mach E. And based on the pictures it looked awesome. Reservation made! I reserved an Infinite Blue exterior (white interior as I'm in Florida)... Premium AWD Extended.

I first received a Build Week date of February 8, 2021. Later that was changed to February 22, 2021.

A couple of weeks ago I got a surprise call from my dealer (Sun State Ford). They had just received a Mustang Mach E and I could test drive it - and have it overnight!

After a year of waiting and never even having seen it in person, I was eagerly looking forward to it.

The Mustang was even better looking than I had expected! It ended up being a white exterior (which I thought looked great).

I am relatively tall (6'1") and I was concerned about the seat - but it was super comfortable. Having said that, I am going to consider getting custom work to extend the seat due to my long legs.

Overall the car blew me away. It was a Rear Wheel drive, with Extended battery. It was super responsive - and the whole car just felt great - I was thrilled!

So... I first get the test vehicle... I drive it home from the dealer... and a City Utilities truck pulls in behind me in my driveway. The Utilities guy gets out and the first thing he says is that my house has a code violation. Then he says, "just kidding - I wanted to see this Mustang!" He had followed me home! That was hilarious. A couple of hours later I was in the drive-through at a Chick-Fil-A, and one of the kids serving me was amazed at the car, and asked me all about it.

Final item (for now!): I now have a delivery date from Ford of April 9-15. (And by the way, I did not get any kind of a rebate for any delay in my car being delivered.)

I now eagerly wait!

Rex
Welcome @Rex!

How did you spec your Mach-E?
Did you consider any other vehicles before ordering it?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hi All,

I now eagerly wait!

Rex
Welcome to the club @Rex! How long do you have the test vehicle for? Which model is it?

·
Registered
2021 MME CA Route 1
20 Posts
Hey all, happy to be here. We’re based out of the SoCal desert near Palm Springs. I found this forum a couple of weeks ago as my MME investigation starting getting serious. We’d been considering a Model Y for a long time, but our local Ford dealer gave us a chance to take their mannequin unit for a long spin and it was incredibly impressive. Totally loved the looks and the build quality compared to the MY. We too had an FX35 that we loved for many years and the MME gave us similar yet unique vibes + EV awesomeness. We totally lucked out and were able to get an “abandoned” (is there a better term?) Rapid Red CA Route 1 the day it landed at the dealership about a week later. Hopefully we get our Bronco later this year and we’ll be an all-Ford garage for the forseeable future :D

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Hey all, happy to be here. We’re based out of the SoCal desert near Palm Springs. I found this forum a couple of weeks ago as my MME investigation starting getting serious. We’d been considering a Model Y for a long time, but our local Ford dealer gave us a chance to take their mannequin unit for a long spin and it was incredibly impressive. Totally loved the looks and the build quality compared to the MY. We too had an FX35 that we loved for many years and the MME gave us similar yet unique vibes + EV awesomeness. We totally lucked out and were able to get an “abandoned” (is there a better term?) Rapid Red CA Route 1 the day it landed at the dealership about a week later. Hopefully we get our Bronco later this year and we’ll be an all-Ford garage for the forseeable future :D
Welcome to the club! Have you owned EVs before or is this going to be your first? Also, which trim level are you getting for your Bronco? Ford absolutely nailed the design.

·
Registered
2021 MME CA Route 1
20 Posts
Welcome to the club! Have you owned EVs before or is this going to be your first? Also, which trim level are you getting for your Bronco? Ford absolutely nailed the design.
First EV so learning the ropes about charging and everything else. Hopefully have a 240v outlet in the garage this next week. I’ve got a 4-dr Big Bend on the way with the mid package. Was tempted to go Badlands but we aren’t hardcore offroaders; just like to get off the beaten path for camping and hiking. Totally agree, the design is superb! I actually liked the Bronco Sport a lot more in person than I expected too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! We've obviously been focused on small displacement turbocharged platforms for a couple of decades. Our bread and butter is in Subaru's WRX and STI. In the Ford realm, we offer tuning and bolt-on upgrades for a large chunk of EcoBoost powered vehicles such as the Focus ST/RS, Fiesta ST, Mustang EcoBoost, and newer EcoBoost powered F-150s.

We recently picked up a Mach E First Edition in Grabber Blue and are currently just in a very early investigative phase. Over the next several months we hope to find ways to improve the overall driving experience and, if we're lucky, find some additional performance. Once we've had an opportunity to dig in a bit more, we'll put together a thread here and on our Blog to share our findings!

[email protected]

101 - 120 of 151 Posts