Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • PAAK updated still barely works
  • Bluetooth and apple play conflicts continue daily, cannot ever listen to the same choice twice in a row seamlessly.
  • sound setting different everyday and different for each media used
  • personal profiles mean nothing, car doesn’t follow settings
  • window regulator issues, windows need to be reset periodically
  • air through windows and glass roof ridiculous, loudest car I’ve ever driven including 71 Dodge Challenger with hand crank windows amd no insulation.
  • Ford customer service, the worst, don’t care, drop calls with no return call. Don’t understand the car.

Ford Blew it! They built a very nice electric car (mechanically) but didn’t care about the accessories so instead of me touting how great the car is I’m more concerned about the little things that just don’t get better, the things that they already had time to perfect in their regular line of cars. Oh well I can’t and won’t recommend this car. Many people ask me every day if I like the car, but sadly my answers are always about the negatives that Ford could have easily avoided.
Eventually I’m sure this car will be returned as a lemon, as two visits to the dealer in the first 3 months without positive results is a tough start and most likely a true indication of the future of this particular MachE.

·
Registered
43 Posts
  • Bluetooth and apple play conflicts continue daily, cannot ever listen to the same choice twice in a row seamlessly.
  • air through windows and glass roof ridiculous, loudest car I’ve ever driven including 71 Dodge Challenger with hand crank windows amd no insulation.
  • Ford customer service, the worst, don’t care, drop calls with no return call. Don’t understand the car.

Ford Blew it! They built a very nice electric car (mechanically) but didn’t care about the accessories so instead of me touting how great the car is I’m more concerned about the little things that just don’t get better, the things that they already had time to perfect in their regular line of cars. Oh well I can’t and won’t recommend this car. Many people ask me every day if I like the car, but sadly my answers are always about the negatives that Ford could have easily avoided.
Eventually I’m sure this car will be returned as a lemon, as two visits to the dealer in the first 3 months without positive results is a tough start and most likely a true indication of the future of this particular MachE.
They "didn't care". :ROFLMAO:
So, you've got a first year car that is having some minor software issues. Those will be addressed via OTA updates.
Sell it, you can probably get near as much as you paid. Move on and best of luck to you.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've been having issues with settings that started after the last update and I've been dealing with Ford and told they are aware and a new update is coming but it needs to get here sooner than later. Fortunately they don't affect driving the car but are annoying.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,225 Posts
All day today, the PAAK doesn't work, that's after the update, the car sucks or at least the IT guys that programed the car are the worst of the worst.
Received a notification on FordPass that they're working with Google to rectify issues with Android 11 and PaaK. Mean time they say Fob or codes. TBC. Mine has worked since the update on my early model MMe months ago and I have Android 11, go figure

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Received a notification on FordPass that they're working with Google to rectify issues with Android 11 and PaaK. Mean time they say Fob or codes. TBC. Mine has worked since the update on my early model MMe months ago and I have Android 11, go figure
Thanks for the info. I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
They dropped the ball big time. Glad yours is working. Even when mine did work I’d have to pull it out of my pocket and put it right next to the push button to activate. If you can’t keep it in your pocket and use it’s pretty much a waste of time.Wouldn’t really be comfortable having my wife digging through her purse to try to get to that while in the dark parking lot. They should just send all of us an extra key pod and be done with it until perfected.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,225 Posts
Thanks for the info. I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
They dropped the ball big time. Glad yours is working. Even when mine did work I’d have to pull it out of my pocket and put it right next to the push button to activate. If you can’t keep it in your pocket and use it’s pretty much a waste of time.Wouldn’t really be comfortable having my wife digging through her purse to try to get to that while in the dark parking lot. They should just send all of us an extra key pod and be done with it until perfected.
Agree, the pocket thing is strange mine won't work if the phone is in my rear pocket and instead of placing the phone on the console I put it on the Pass seat and got a No Key notice. Ah the joys of modern living.
As a retired LEO I recommend whenever anyone is in a location that may be a potential threat (dark car parks) etc. a "phone in hand" is a wise choice especially here in Las Vegas.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
1st car? I've had somewhere around 40 cars in my life. This is pretty much at the top of the list for me. Going into this, I realized it was 1st Gen New Tech so there could be some problems (you know the old adage ,,,, "Pioneers get scalped". The amount of issues that I'm seeing are actually less than I was expecting. The vast majority of these will be fixed with software updates.
As far as servicing, this will require the Service Techs to learn new tools and technology. Once they have been around these for a few years, they will be much more familiar with the various nuances of the car.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1st car? I've had somewhere around 40 cars in my life. This is pretty much at the top of the list for me. Going into this, I realized it was 1st Gen New Tech so there could be some problems (you know the old adage ,,,, "Pioneers get scalped". The amount of issues that I'm seeing are actually less than I was expecting. The vast majority of these will be fixed with software updates.
As far as servicing, this will require the Service Techs to learn new tools and technology. Once they have been around these for a few years, they will be much more familiar with the various nuances of the car.
Like you I expected some issues, the issues I thought may have been a challenge for Ford as this is their first full electric haven't been an issue, power, charging, ride are all acceptable and really admirable. When the phone and key don't work properly you undercut a well developed car. The issues that have been tested and used without issue over the past 5 to 7 years in almost every brand of car should work. I would rather they give me an old style ignition key and no bluetooth/apple play capabilities than offer me a hope and a prayer of an infotainment system and ignition system. I'm entering codes to get into my car and to start my car but if I walk 10 feet away from the car it recognizes me without fail. I just think it's a big mistake to not have had this type of thing perfected as it works everyday in the majority of cars. We have a Tesla that never has a key problem. The periodic no phone connect issue but once every couple weeks, I can live with that. I can't be patient or accepting of a car that will not connect properly to a standard cell phone everyday 90% of the time. It's not acceptable, it's definitely a first world problem but I happen to luckily live in the first world. I sell and install tankless hot water heaters everyday. If hot water were a 50/50 proposition when my job is completed, that would be unacceptable, 90% would be unacceptable, so expecting this car to operate properly is not a big ask. I waited patiently for 9 months to get the car, 10 months would have been fine. Ive had the car for almost 4 months and now I'm finally being public about this, I've kept to myself and waited for proper fixes. It seems their are not any fixes that are reliable. We need to demand more from Ford. Ford provides us with one key FOB because they are so confident their systems are setup properly, well they better be if you feel that confident. Their accountants made decisions their developers couldn't back. How much did they really save on that extra key fob? Enough to warrant me being motivated to write this long boring diatribe. :)

Leased a Chevy Bolt for three years and never had any issues like this (and my garage didn't burn down ;)) Have a Tesla and don't have these issues, hoping for the best.

Looking forward to heading back here to let all know how great the updates have worked and how I jumped the gun and ford is the best of the bunch.

·
Registered
Premium RWD SR Black
83 Posts
Like you I expected some issues, the issues I thought may have been a challenge for Ford as this is their first full electric haven't been an issue, power, charging, ride are all acceptable and really admirable. When the phone and key don't work properly you undercut a well developed car. The issues that have been tested and used without issue over the past 5 to 7 years in almost every brand of car should work. I would rather they give me an old style ignition key and no bluetooth/apple play capabilities than offer me a hope and a prayer of an infotainment system and ignition system. I'm entering codes to get into my car and to start my car but if I walk 10 feet away from the car it recognizes me without fail. I just think it's a big mistake to not have had this type of thing perfected as it works everyday in the majority of cars. We have a Tesla that never has a key problem. The periodic no phone connect issue but once every couple weeks, I can live with that. I can't be patient or accepting of a car that will not connect properly to a standard cell phone everyday 90% of the time. It's not acceptable, it's definitely a first world problem but I happen to luckily live in the first world. I sell and install tankless hot water heaters everyday. If hot water were a 50/50 proposition when my job is completed, that would be unacceptable, 90% would be unacceptable, so expecting this car to operate properly is not a big ask. I waited patiently for 9 months to get the car, 10 months would have been fine. Ive had the car for almost 4 months and now I'm finally being public about this, I've kept to myself and waited for proper fixes. It seems their are not any fixes that are reliable. We need to demand more from Ford. Ford provides us with one key FOB because they are so confident their systems are setup properly, well they better be if you feel that confident. Their accountants made decisions their developers couldn't back. How much did they really save on that extra key fob? Enough to warrant me being motivated to write this long boring diatribe. :)

Leased a Chevy Bolt for three years and never had any issues like this (and my garage didn't burn down ;)) Have a Tesla and don't have these issues, hoping for the best.

Looking forward to heading back here to let all know how great the updates have worked and how I jumped the gun and ford is the best of the bunch.
I think Ford should do more to address your issues (I hope they do) but clearly not everyone is seeing what you see. Like you, I have had my Mach-E for four months and I have a different experience than you.
  • "PAAK updated still barely works" - I had the manual PAAK update applied at the dealer. Since then PAAK is still pretty much what it was before. It works the first time about 50% of the time. Eventually though it always works. Some days I do have to force stop the app on my phone (iPhone 12 Pro Max) but since the update I have never had PAAK not work after waiting a few seconds and trying again.
  • "Bluetooth and apple play conflicts continue daily, cannot ever listen to the same choice twice in a row seamlessly." - This has happened to me a few times (2? 3?) but never a point of aggravation. Each time it happened I switched back to Apple Play (I use that exclusively) and my selection stayed.
  • "sound setting different everyday and different for each media used" - I have never experienced this issue. The volume for the Siri's voice instructions is set independently than the music volume but that's a function of Car Play I believe.
  • "personal profiles mean nothing, car doesn’t follow settings" - I think everyone has seen this happen to them. This is annoying but Ford has acknowledged it as an issue and said they would fix in a future update. This seems like a trivial one to resolve. My only guess is that each subsystem has a unique way of storing their own settings and it will take some coordination to fix it across all systems.
  • "window regulator issues, windows need to be reset periodically" - Never had any issues with the windows.
  • "air through windows and glass roof ridiculous, loudest car I’ve ever driven including 71 Dodge Challenger with hand crank windows amd no insulation." I have no issues with road noise w/ my MME. It's easily the quietest car I've ever owned (I've owned various cars from Honda, Dodge, Toyota, Chevy and Nissan before this).
  • "Ford customer service, the worst, don’t care, drop calls with no return call. Don’t understand the car." - Ford clearly needs to train a lot more people on the MME. I have limited dealing with them so I can't really comment for bad they are but my dealings with my dealer has led me to believe I know more about the car than they do..
I think you unfortunately did get a lemon of a car. I do think Ford should stand behind it and try to resolve your MME's specific issues. But overall I think MME ownership for most has been a good (in my case I'd say great) experience.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts

Has the car gotten any better for you?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts