Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Has the car gotten any better for you?
Mechanically the car has been good. After a recall for the PAAK, still works sporadically but not very good. After recall for the roof and windshield, the noise level has improved. Apple Play is terrible, very inconsistent and buggy. First world problems for sure. Eventually I’ll give in and just use the ONE. key supplied by ford.

· Registered
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue
178 Posts
My MME First Edition had a few issues with Paak, Windshield excess wind noise and brake pads sticking. All of the issues were resolved by my Ford dealer, Leslie Motors in Ontario and with excellent service.

I do get a bug once and a while with Sync 4. The last issue was navigation showed that my car was in the middle of a lake while driving. I reset the Sync 4 system by pressing down the volume key and right arrow key at the same time for about 5 seconds. That restarts the infotainment system and fixed The navigation bug. I had to do this about three times now in 1 year of ownership for different issues like no sound.

These electronic systems are getting more complicated. However the benefits certainly outweigh the minor bugs once and a while.

no regrets. Love the car.
My only minor gripe is the suspension could be better tuned for less bounce and shock on uneven pavement and rough roads. I will wait for improved shocks when they are developed for the car in a couple of years and May upgrade my MME.

· Registered
124 Posts
  • PAAK updated still barely works
  • Bluetooth and apple play conflicts continue daily, cannot ever listen to the same choice twice in a row seamlessly.
  • sound setting different everyday and different for each media used
  • personal profiles mean nothing, car doesn’t follow settings
  • window regulator issues, windows need to be reset periodically
  • air through windows and glass roof ridiculous, loudest car I’ve ever driven including 71 Dodge Challenger with hand crank windows amd no insulation.
  • Ford customer service, the worst, don’t care, drop calls with no return call. Don’t understand the car.

Ford Blew it! They built a very nice electric car (mechanically) but didn’t care about the accessories so instead of me touting how great the car is I’m more concerned about the little things that just don’t get better, the things that they already had time to perfect in their regular line of cars. Oh well I can’t and won’t recommend this car. Many people ask me every day if I like the car, but sadly my answers are always about the negatives that Ford could have easily avoided.
Eventually I’m sure this car will be returned as a lemon, as two visits to the dealer in the first 3 months without positive results is a tough start and most likely a true indication of the future of this particular MachE.
I think the issues compound themselves and with a hefty price tag and a market filling with much more reliable choices I am beginning to agree. It is probably one of the worst $60K car. I started with many of these issues and still have them. I thought the PaaK was fixed but just the other day I had to reset the car twice to get it to work, I stopped bringing my FOB. My car doesn't have the sound issues but it seems the dealer doesn't care about the recall on the window and glass ceiling so I am thinking maybe it will start. Apple play has issues.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think the issues compound themselves and with a hefty price tag and a market filling with much more reliable choices I am beginning to agree. It is probably one of the worst $60K car. I started with many of these issues and still have them. I thought the PaaK was fixed but just the other day I had to reset the car twice to get it to work, I stopped bringing my FOB. My car doesn't have the sound issues but it seems the dealer doesn't care about the recall on the window and glass ceiling so I am thinking maybe it will start. Apple play has issues.
Sadly I’m still dealing with all I’ve listed. Just yesterday the car wouldn’t recognize the phone, that’s a weekly occurrence. Got the glass and roof recall handled. Worked great for about a month, now air noise roaring back in and wiper fluid not dispensing due to whatever techs did to install the glass. Oh well we live and learn. I can sell it for 10 k more than I paid for it.

· Registered
293 Posts
Sadly I’m still dealing with all I’ve listed. Just yesterday the car wouldn’t recognize the phone, that’s a weekly occurrence. Got the glass and roof recall handled. Worked great for about a month, now air noise roaring back in and wiper fluid not dispensing due to whatever techs did to install the glass. Oh well we live and learn. I can sell it for 10 k more than I paid for it.
What software version are you on. You can post your Software and Product version from the Settings > General screen.

I had lots of issues but since getting updated at the dealer, replaced APIM module and going to v2.5.3 it is very good now. As with software over time new updates makes it better. This is a laptop on wheels so think it as tech.

But if not happy sell, someone will buy from your at MSRP you paid.

Reactions: Kuma

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I suggest you do that: $10k plus $7.5K from Federal Tax credit plus any state credits: Where else can you make $17.5 on a $50,000 investment in under a year!
Purchasing the new electric of my choice will be expensive though, that Fisker looks nice but already over 24k reservations.

· Registered
293 Posts
Purchasing the new electric of my choice will be expensive though, that Fisker looks nice but already over 24k reservations.
I have a Model Y coming August, can sell you for 66K. Deal?

· Registered
1,763 Posts
you're complaining about ford and now looking at a fisker, or at least the current fisker, the company went belly up first go around, and if you want to talk about quirks and issues, the fisker is definitely one of those.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
you're complaining about ford and now looking at a fisker, or at least the current fisker, the company went belly up first go around, and if you want to talk about quirks and issues, the fisker is definitely one of those.
The new versions of Fisker hasn’t built a car yet. That being said, you may be correct, I’m just mentioning them as an interesting option I’m far from making any choices as cars are pretty limited right now.

· Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the info. I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
They dropped the ball big time. Glad yours is working. Even when mine did work I’d have to pull it out of my pocket and put it right next to the push button to activate. If you can’t keep it in your pocket and use it’s pretty much a waste of time.Wouldn’t really be comfortable having my wife digging through her purse to try to get to that while in the dark parking lot. They should just send all of us an extra key pod and be done with it until perfected.
I too would not trust using a phone instead of a Fob. (several reasons)
I bought a second FOB so I could at least call my wife in an emergency,
When Ford announced that all cars would get a second FOB, I went back to the dealer and Ford issued a credit for the one I bought,
Kudos to Ford.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
I too would not trust using a phone instead of a Fob. (several reasons)
I bought a second FOB so I could at least call my wife in an emergency,
When Ford announced that all cars would get a second FOB, I went back to the dealer and Ford issued a credit for the one I bought,
Kudos to Ford.
I just got the second fob this week. I'd been into the dealer last week for 10k service and mentioned the fob, they ordered and programmed it monday, took 20 minutes all in. It's funny, in 18 months of ownership the car coming with only one fob was my only real complaint, been very pleased wiith the car.

· Registered
10 Posts
  • Bluetooth and apple play conflicts continue daily, cannot ever listen to the same choice twice in a row seamlessly.
  • air through windows and glass roof ridiculous, loudest car I’ve ever driven including 71 Dodge Challenger with hand crank windows amd no insulation.
  • Ford customer service, the worst, don’t care, drop calls with no return call. Don’t understand the car.

Ford Blew it! They built a very nice electric car (mechanically) but didn’t care about the accessories so instead of me touting how great the car is I’m more concerned about the little things that just don’t get better, the things that they already had time to perfect in their regular line of cars. Oh well I can’t and won’t recommend this car. Many people ask me every day if I like the car, but sadly my answers are always about the negatives that Ford could have easily avoided.
Eventually I’m sure this car will be returned as a lemon, as two visits to the dealer in the first 3 months without positive results is a tough start and most likely a true indication of the future of this particular MachE.
2022 Premium, extended range RWD built in Mar22. 7 months of ownership, 10k miles of mixed highway (300 miles to Dallas) and local San Antonio miles. Zero problems, zero trips to the dealership (recalls done OTA). Best car ever! So sorry for those experiencing problems. I must be crazy lucky.

· Super Moderator
3,134 Posts

Since August last year, many of your issus have been addressed.
  • PAAK updated still barely works - latest software works better. But Ford giving free second keyfob as Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP) to early customers now.
  • Bluetooth and apple play conflicts continue daily, either use CarPlay or Sync in-car controls via Bluetooth. You cannot have both active at the same time. Accessing Bluetooth media controls will disconnect CarPlay, and vice-versa. This is just how the Sync software works.
  • sound setting different everyday - fixed with OTA update
  • personal profiles mean nothing, car doesn’t follow settings - fixed with OTA update.
  • window regulator issues, - bring to dealer to adjust in the door. Will help with your wind noise.
  • air through windows and glass roof ridiculous - winshield/glass roof recalls done. Also, see note above.
  • Ford customer service, the worst, Don’t understand the car - in my experience, Ford customer service has gone out of their way to assist dealerships in rectifying any issues encountered. Service center Knowledge of the product has gotten much better.
Its sad to hear your experience has been so negative. Good luck in however you choose to proceed.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts