Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When driving in one-pedal mode (which is awesome), when I come to a stop, I feel a little uncomfortable with car in front of me. What if I am hit from behind. If I have my foot on the brake, I feel safer, but for now, I am not putting my foot on the brake. What are you supposed to do when you're at a stop and someone is in front of you - what's the safest? thanks!

·
Registered
269 Posts
When driving in one-pedal mode (which is awesome), when I come to a stop, I feel a little uncomfortable with car in front of me. What if I am hit from behind. If I have my foot on the brake, I feel safer, but for now, I am not putting my foot on the brake. What are you supposed to do when you're at a stop and someone is in front of you - what's the safest? thanks!
Why does it matter? if you get hit from behind your still going to be pushed forward even if you have your foot on the brake. How far forward depends on car hitting you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why does it matter? if you get hit from behind your still going to be pushed forward even if you have your foot on the brake. How far forward depends on car hitting you.
Hmmm…Depends on the speed of the driver behind you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you stop in one pedal mode the brakes apply for auto-hold. Relax and enjoy life with a well-rested left foot.
Got it. I’ll look into it more but good to know- thank you.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Got it. I’ll look into it more but good to know- thank you.
I really want to like one pedal driving , and tried it on the demo, have yet to try on my car. FOr me it feels like I'm that much more removed from driving the car.

Something I did find out yesterday about activated emergency braking, backing down my driveway, it's steep, and I normally go down face first. when I got to the bottom the emergency braking activated, I guess the sensor interpreted the angle of the road at the bottom of the driveway as an obstruction. It's actually nice to know it works.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really want to like one pedal driving , and tried it on the demo, have yet to try on my car. FOr me it feels like I'm that much more removed from driving the car.

Something I did find out yesterday about activated emergency braking, backing down my driveway, it's steep, and I normally go down face first. when I got to the bottom the emergency braking activated, I guess the sensor interpreted the angle of the road at the bottom of the driveway as an obstruction. It's actually nice to know it works.
Yes, you’re right - it’s very sensitive. I’ve noticed that too.

·
Registered
171 Posts
To be technical, the front collision warning will probably go off if you get rear ended hard enough. So the system will hold the brakes for you to try to prevent you from bumping the guy in front of you.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Worry not.... because the brake pedal is not really "connected" to the calipers.... except it sort of is... 😁 😁 😁
Net is there is a friction/physical brake holding the car in place when stopped while one pedal driving.
The thing to worry about... although I can't imaging too many bad things happening is letting someone else, unfamiliar with one pedal driving, drive our MME without changing over to the guest profile.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have been rear ended, not in the Mach-E, and it doesn't matter if your foot is on the brake because you will be thrown backward and your foot comes off the brake anyway. I remember thinking why am I hitting the truck in front of me I'm on the brakes but it happens fast and hard you can't keep on the brake. I love one pedal drive. If you are used to driving a stick or motorcycle and use the engine to decelerate it's pretty close to doing the same thing. It also reacts a lot like equipment with hydrostatic drives.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would the issue be that the brake lights don't come on with one pedal driving and therefore not warning the driver behind that you are coming to a stop? (I don't have my Stang yet, so I don't know if thats true).🙃

·
Registered
379 Posts
Would the issue be that the brake lights don't come on with one pedal driving and therefore not warning the driver behind that you are coming to a stop? (I don't have my Stang yet, so I don't know if thats true).🙃
The brake lights come on with one pedal.

·
Registered
171 Posts
With 1-pedal the brake light comes on after a certain kW is regenerated into the battery, I believe its 30kW. Basically if deceleration 'x' meters per second, lights come on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
does deactivated "auto hold" alleviate the "grabby" issue at the very end of one pedal stopping? I drove one today for three hours and found it really annoying. I currently drive a chevy bolt which has buttery smooth one pedal driving. the Mach E also "releases" (lurches a little) when you attempt feathering acceleration from a stop. Hopefully this can be addressed in an update?

·
Registered
Loving My First Edition MME in Rapid Red!!
117 Posts
Worry not.... because the brake pedal is not really "connected" to the calipers.... except it sort of is... 😁 😁 😁
Net is there is a friction/physical brake holding the car in place when stopped while one pedal driving.
The thing to worry about... although I can't imaging too many bad things happening is letting someone else, unfamiliar with one pedal driving, drive our MME without changing over to the guest profile.
I want to scream at him "Put both hands on the wheel and stop flailing like an inflatable air dancer!. Is it just me?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts