Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope it's just the difference in cameras and lighting, but I keep seeing pictures of the red Mach-e that almost appear to be different colors. Like these two. I love the first but hate the second. The first has a deeper, richer, more metallic tone to it that I think goes perfect with the black trim. But the 2nd just looks "off" to me. Looks more cheap and plain. Quite unappealing for my tastes. If that were the actual tone of the red, I think I'd change my pre-order to something else.

Anyone know if there's actually different reds, or is it just bad lighting?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes, the second one looks more like a fiery-orange red, but also looks over saturated in several places. Neither image has great lighting or enough background context.

Rapid Red is one of Ford's colors on current models of their other cars, so you could go and see what it looks like on their other vehicles to get a little bit better idea of how it looks against the real world environment and your own eyes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, the second one looks more like a fiery-orange red, but also looks over saturated in several places. Neither image has great lighting or enough background context.

Rapid Red is one of Ford's colors on current models of their other cars, so you could go and see what it looks like on their other vehicles to get a little bit better idea of how it looks against the real world environment and your own eyes.
I ordered the Rapid Red but can't stop admiring the white. Apparently the white Mach-E you see in the demo video and on display at the L.A. Auto Show was Space White which makes me intrigued about the Star White. I guess I gotta go visit a Ford dealer and see them for myself.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I picked the Infinite Blue color. It's not on any current models so I can't see it yet. I'm hoping it's slightly more blue and a little less gray/green than how the rendered images look online, but I'll still be happy with it if it's more of a gray color.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish they had more "color" colors. Most of them are just shades of black/white/gray. Even the Infinite Blue is a very muted "color". It almost looks gray until you look closer and see some slight blue tint to it. Wish they had a deeper blue (not a fan of the First Edition Grabber Blue though). A nice green color would be nice too (not to mention ironically appropriate).

The Rapid Red Metallic Clearcoat is a nice shade of red though. And it seems to fit well for a Mustang. But that 2nd picture above just left me puzzled. And I've seen that shade in a number of different pictures (although maybe they're all from that same media event, and perhaps they just has bad tinted lighting at that event).

When I google images of Ford Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, lots of other Ford models appear, many with real outdoor pictures (not staged indoor), and they look fine.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yep, the palette definitely could be better.

I like how the black painted roof line helps to hide some of the CUV shape of the car, so that sort of eliminated the black option for me.

On the other hand, I wish they Select and Premium trims had body colored wheel wells (or eliminated the overcladding pieces there), and something different than the awkward manchu mustache up front. The black paint color on the body would definitely address those things.

So I sort of drifted to the darker colors as a compromise. My last two cars have been dark gray. Something with a bit more color would be good, so that's how I ended up at the infinite blue. :) I'd absolutely go for options like this blue, though!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
That blue BMW's not bad. Interesting matte finish.

Even some of Ford's other model colors would be nice. The Ranger has a Lightning Blue that looks nice. And the Saber Gold would look neat on a Mach-e.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts