Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can not find a way to turn off curve ahead notification. I am sure there was a menu when I turned on the notification and now I can not find it to turn it off. It is so annoying. More distracting then the curves. I am also a Chevy Bolt owner and am looking forward to real time Kwh usage, along with charging information. Ford just needs to copy the Bolt or Tesla and give us early EV adopters more data.

Here is my MME FE.
Go to "Navigation", hit the wrench/screwdriver icon on the lower left, select "Settings" and then scroll down to "Notifications" and you'll see the Curve Ahead radio button

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach E
69 Posts
Agree about the lift gate setting... when I open in my underground parking there is full clearance. BUT, I was washing my Mach E in the car wash spot of the same parkade and the damn lift gate opened automatically, so fast that it hit a pipe tension band thingy, causing a small, but deep scratch that I am having touched up, repaired. Thankfully the Opti Coat Pro Plus I had applied will be replaced with a new coat on the affected area after touch up repair for FREE.

-Murray

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,625 Posts
Agree about the lift gate setting... when I open in my underground parking there is full clearance. BUT, I was washing my Mach E in the car wash spot of the same parkade and the damn lift gate opened automatically, so fast that it hit a pipe tension band thingy, causing a small, but deep scratch that I am having touched up, repaired. Thankfully the Opti Coat Pro Plus I had applied will be replaced with a new coat on the affected area after touch up repair for FREE.

View attachment 6282

-Murray
Ouch 🤬

·
Super Moderator
2,997 Posts
So, the suggestion is for sensor that would detect when the opening hatch gets close to an obstacle. Good idea.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've done this a few times unfortunately with my garage door. Luckily it hits the rubber part on the bottom of the door so it doesn't cause damage. But once it notices resistance it stops and doesn't force the motors to continue to work, which is nice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, I think I will follow up with my insurance company, or perhaps find another. Thanks for the other data points on your premiums!

I don't expect that Ford actively monitors this club discussion board as part of anyone's job duties, but I would bet that some of their engineers are passionate enough to check out what customers are saying about their recently-released product. The Mach-E is the type of vehicle that attracts particularly dedicated and innovative developers who enjoy competing with the best the industry has to offer and like to come out on top. I've never worked at Ford Motor Co. myself but during my career have had the opportunity to interact with them as a supplier and partner, and I've been impressed.

One of the great things about the Mach-E is that it's likely to get better over time, through software updates. Most of the minor gripes in my "open letter" are things that could be addressed that way. GM doesn't really "get it". If they develop a new feature for my Chevy Bolt, I won't benefit until I get a new Bolt (with a later model year). Tesla does get it. My Tesla Model 3 keeps getting better, with new software updates every few weeks. We haven't yet had the Mach-E long enough to know, but I hope it gets even better also, without having to buy a new one.

- M
I am interested in learning more about Omega project services. Do you have any knowledge or experience?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts