Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a Ford Report that said they sold, (delivered?), 6,614 MachE's in the first quarter or an average of 2,205 per month. Their stated production capacity is 50,000/year or 4,167 per month. So assuming they have filled the supply chain with 2020 production and thus a produced car will equals a delivered/sold car they are running at a production/delivery rate of 53% of capacity. This seems like a very slow ramp up to capacity, since they started production in Oct 2020 and should have been able to scale up to full capacity by 2021.
I put a firm order, not reservation, in at the end of Sept 2020 with an order number of 7,878. However, when I received the VIN #, (with no scheduled production date yet given by Ford), my VIN number shows a production number of 26,433. It seems that all reservations converted to a firm order by the deadline of the end of 2020 have jumped ahead of my firm order. It seems to me that a firm order should have priority to a reservation. I also wonder if dealer orders now are jumping ahead of my order also?

In any event if the current rate of production continues it looks like a delivery for my car at the end of December 2021, or a year and 3 months from the date of my firm order. Even if they were able to run at full capacity going forward, at that rate my delivery would be the end of August or 11 months from my order. Do my projections make sense to you as to a realistic date for my delivery?
If so this is totally unacceptable.

Has anyone else contacted Ford as to their position on this issue and when can they even receive a confirmed scheduled production date and a realistic delivery date?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just read a Ford Report that said they sold, (delivered?), 6,614 MachE's in the first quarter or an average of 2,205 per month. Their stated production capacity is 50,000/year or 4,167 per month. So assuming they have filled the supply chain with 2020 production and thus a produced car will equals a delivered/sold car they are running at a production/delivery rate of 53% of capacity. This seems like a very slow ramp up to capacity, since they started production in Oct 2020 and should have been able to scale up to full capacity by 2021.
I put a firm order, not reservation, in at the end of Sept 2020 with an order number of 7,878. However, when I received the VIN #, (with no scheduled production date yet given by Ford), my VIN number shows a production number of 26,433. It seems that all reservations converted to a firm order by the deadline of the end of 2020 have jumped ahead of my firm order. It seems to me that a firm order should have priority to a reservation. I also wonder if dealer orders now are jumping ahead of my order also?

In any event if the current rate of production continues it looks like a delivery for my car at the end of December 2021, or a year and 3 months from the date of my firm order. Even if they were able to run at full capacity going forward, at that rate my delivery would be the end of August or 11 months from my order. Do my projections make sense to you as to a realistic date for my delivery?

Has anyone else contacted Ford as to their position on this issue and when can they even receive a confirmed scheduled production date and a realistic delivery date?
Repeatedly. The consistent answer from Ford CS, my salesman, his manager and the regional rep is “I don’t know.”. That includes my most recent query, “During what month might I expect to receive a build date?”. Note that I didn’t ask for a build date merely what month might I expect to receive one. This from the company that introduced assembly line production to the U. S.

My situation isn’t as bad as yours. I’m approaching 11 weeks from a fully prepaid order with a salesman and dealership I’ve dealt with before. Angry doesn’t begin to describe my current state of mind.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts

Production is higher than you may realize.

The numbers reported are US sales, not worldwide sales. Many orders from Europe and Canada are also being worked on.

Ford has also been producing the demo units for the dealers at the same time, over 3,000 units so potential customers can kick the tires before ordering.

My estimates put total production through end of March at 20,000 Mach-Es (For Jan, they built 4500 units, and they were over 10k total at that time) I’m sure an accurate number is floating around out there.

For reference, my vin is 87xx, delivered the beginning of March. So I believe your order will be here well before December.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3rd

The numbers reported are US sales, not worldwide sales. Many orders from Europe and Canada are also being worked on.

Ford has also been producing the demo units for the dealers at the same time, over 3,000 units so potential customers can kick the tires before ordering.

My estimates put total production through end of March at 20,000 Mach-Es (For Jan, they built 4500 units, and they were over 10k total at that time) I’m sure an accurate number is floating around out there.

For reference, my vin is 87xx, delivered the beginning of March. So I believe your order will be here well before December.
Thanks for the info. If your vin no. Is around 7900 and you received your car in early March and they continue to produce at rate of 4500/month then I should receive mine in June, if my calculations are correct.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
3rd
Thanks for the info. If your vin no. Is around 7900 and you received your car in early March and they continue to produce at rate of 4500/month then I should receive mine in June, if my calculations are correct.
My VIN is 87xx. I hope things line up for you.

·
Registered
Black Premium ER AWD, Ordered September 2020
26 Posts

My VIN shows a production number of 21,414, and I ordered mine in late September 2020. My car was manufactured in early March and I expect delivery this week or next (April 6 is the delivery ETA). With your VIN, I'd expect your vehicle would be up for assembly very soon, given that we're nearly one month past production number 21,414.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My VIN shows a production number of 21,414, and I ordered mine in late September 2020. My car was manufactured in early March and I expect delivery this week or next (April 6 is the delivery ETA). With your VIN, I'd expect your vehicle would be up for assembly very soon, given that we're nearly one month past production number 21,414.
Thanks that sounds good with perhaps a delivery date mid to late May.

·
Registered
39 Posts

That’s great information!!!

Is there any similar guesstimate that can be drawn from order number for those of us still waiting on a VIN?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That’s great information!!!

Is there any similar guesstimate that can be drawn from order number for pthose of us still waiting on a VIN?
The last numbers in the VIN are the production number as I understand it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
THe vin I got for my car scheduled for production week of 4/18 is 29xxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THe vin I got for my car scheduled for production week of 4/18 is 29xxx
Thanks Chris,
Can you let me know where you got the scheduled date for production? My dealer says they don't have it and I talked to Ford people and they say they would only have a date when it goes into production.

·
Registered
45 Posts

What digits in the VIN tell the production number of our NME?

·
Registered
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium
19 Posts
The deal told me it was the last numbers in the VIN.
My VIN was 701x and was delivered to me in early February. I had pre-ordered my Premium XR AWD in Nov 2019 and it was dealer confirmed in June 2020. The initial build week was Dec 21, 2020, then delayed by two weeks. So far so good. I am getting a very good 3.3 mi/kW since inception withmost driving being local around town in NW Arkansas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My VIN was 701x and was delivered to me in early February. I had pre-ordered my Premium XR AWD in Nov 2019 and it was dealer confirmed in June 2020. The initial build week was Dec 21, 2020, then delayed by two weeks. So far so good. I am getting a very good 3.3 mi/kW since inception withmost driving being local around town in NW Arkansas.
My vin is 288xx with an order date of 1/20 and production date of 5/17. Hoping for July delivery.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My vin is 288xx with an order date of 1/20 and production date of 5/17. Hoping for July delivery.
Thanks for the help. Can you tell me where you got the production date? My dealer or Ford customer service don't seem to know how to get it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
Yes of course that was a typo by me. Thanks again.
I took a reservation cancellation with a VIN #83XX on 18 Feb. My original ordered MMe 96xx was delivered to the dealer on 2 April.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for the help. Can you tell me where you got the production date? My dealer or Ford customer service don't seem to know how to get it.
Same here. No build date. No VIN. “I don’t know.” from salesman, sales manager, regional rep and Ford CS. Same answer to “When will I get a build date?”

1 - 20 of 61 Posts