Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just read a Ford Report that said they sold, (delivered?), 6,614 MachE's in the first quarter or an average of 2,205 per month. Their stated production capacity is 50,000/year or 4,167 per month. So assuming they have filled the supply chain with 2020 production and thus a produced car will equals a delivered/sold car they are running at a production/delivery rate of 53% of capacity. This seems like a very slow ramp up to capacity, since they started production in Oct 2020 and should have been able to scale up to full capacity by 2021.
I put a firm order, not reservation, in at the end of Sept 2020 with an order number of 7,878. However, when I received the VIN #, (with no scheduled production date yet given by Ford), my VIN number shows a production number of 26,433. It seems that all reservations converted to a firm order by the deadline of the end of 2020 have jumped ahead of my firm order. It seems to me that a firm order should have priority to a reservation. I also wonder if dealer orders now are jumping ahead of my order also?

In any event if the current rate of production continues it looks like a delivery for my car at the end of December 2021, or a year and 3 months from the date of my firm order. Even if they were able to run at full capacity going forward, at that rate my delivery would be the end of August or 11 months from my order. Do my projections make sense to you as to a realistic date for my delivery?
If so this is totally unacceptable.

Has anyone else contacted Ford as to their position on this issue and when can they even receive a confirmed scheduled production date and a realistic delivery date?
I just called my dealer, thanks to this post. I put in my pre-order on September 19, 2020. According to the Ford.com website, my scheduled production date is the week of 4/4/21 (this week). They are going to look into it today. I am curious if this date is accurate or not. Will follow up on this thread.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I just called my dealer, thanks to this post. I put in my pre-order on September 19, 2020. According to the Ford.com website, my scheduled production date is the week of 4/4/21 (this week). They are going to look into it today. I am curious if this date is accurate or not. Will follow up on this thread.
Can you tell me specifically how you found the scheduled production date on ford.com. I can't seem to get anything.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello aimeesan5 (from an OC refugee). My scheduled production date was in December. The car was actually built in January and we took delivery on March 05 here in Idaho. I ordered the car, Premium 4x, standard battery on July 02, 2020.
For those wondering about their VIN, I believe I got mine by logging onto the Ford owners site and clicked view my order. The VIN was there as soon as one was assigned (does any current owner have a better memory?).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Can you tell me specifically how you found the scheduled production date on ford.com. I can't seem to get anything.
Hi, log in to your account; then click on "MY ACCOUNT" on the main ford.com page, go down to Reservations & Orders. You should see your order. Then click on View Order.This is where you can see all the details of your order, including order status.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
Hello aimeesan5 (from an OC refugee). My scheduled production date was in December. The car was actually built in January and we took delivery on March 05 here in Idaho. I ordered the car, Premium 4x, standard battery on July 02, 2020.
For those wondering about their VIN, I believe I got mine by logging onto the Ford owners site and clicked view my order. The VIN was there as soon as one was assigned (does any current owner have a better memory?).
In my case, on the same day, I got an email from Ford with my VIN, an email from my dealer and it was on Ford.com

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
The question is not how you got the vin but how you got the scheduled for production date, as my dealer and Ford customer service can not explain how to get this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My VIN ends in 1136, the car was built on Thanksgiving day in November and not shipped until the end of January with delivery on March 1. So it's hard to tell on the early ones which ones went right through and which ones might have had to be "adjusted" for quality purposes. Anyway, it was worth the wait. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. My wife and I have to argue each day who gets to drive it.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
The question is not how you got the vin but how you got the scheduled for production date, as my dealer and Ford customer service can not explain how to get this.
On Ford.com then a subsequent email from Ford advising that the production week was pushed back from 7 Feb to 21 Feb.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The dealer just wrote me with my VIN. It's in production this week, but ETA is not until 5/11 to 5/17. Boo. VIN 26XXX

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
The dealer just wrote me with my VIN. It's in production this week, but ETA is not until 5/11 to 5/17. Boo. VIN 26XXX
Believe it or not, six weeks from production to delivery is an improvement compared to the first orders. You may see it sooner based on your location.

·
Registered
Black Premium ER AWD, Ordered September 2020
24 Posts
My build date was March 13, it shipped out on March 18, and my ETA was today (April 7). No car yet. Honestly, I thought the 4/7 ETA was a bit too optimistic, but they seem to have the shipment/delivery process in much better shape now (relative to Jan/Feb 2021). Your timeframe is 5 weeks (production to delivery), but hopefully it's more realistic and you won't be disappointed (like me) when your ETA date comes and goes without a new car.

·
Registered
Black Premium ER AWD, Ordered September 2020
24 Posts
FWIW, the order tracking database on Mach E Forum, which tracks nearly 900 orders to date, has data on ETA date vs. actual arrival date. When I looked at the list of orders that had this information, it appeared that about two thirds of customers received their cars before their ETA date. Of course, that includes many of the customers who had cars held up for the early QA/QC issues and many of those ETA estimates were very pessimistic. That said, many of those who received their MMEs in March received them before their ETA date.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My build date was March 13, it shipped out on March 18, and my ETA was today (April 7). No car yet. Honestly, I thought the 4/7 ETA was a bit too optimistic, but they seem to have the shipment/delivery process in much better shape now (relative to Jan/Feb 2021). Your timeframe is 5 weeks (production to delivery), but hopefully it's more realistic and you won't be disappointed (like me) when your ETA date comes and goes without a new car.
Good luck! Hey, I am closer to Mexico if that means anything.

·
Registered
34 Posts
FWIW, the order tracking database on Mach E Forum, which tracks nearly 900 orders to date, has data on ETA date vs. actual arrival date. When I looked at the list of orders that had this information, it appeared that about two thirds of customers received their cars before their ETA date. Of course, that includes many of the customers who had cars held up for the early QA/QC issues and many of those ETA estimates were very pessimistic. That said, many of those who received their MMEs in March received them before their ETA date.
Thanks - I am just trying to get my best financing options - so far my credit union has the best quotes - and the quotes only last 30 days. Also, my garage :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just read a Ford Report that said they sold, (delivered?), 6,614 MachE's in the first quarter or an average of 2,205 per month. Their stated production capacity is 50,000/year or 4,167 per month. So assuming they have filled the supply chain with 2020 production and thus a produced car will equals a delivered/sold car they are running at a production/delivery rate of 53% of capacity. This seems like a very slow ramp up to capacity, since they started production in Oct 2020 and should have been able to scale up to full capacity by 2021.
I put a firm order, not reservation, in at the end of Sept 2020 with an order number of 7,878. However, when I received the VIN #, (with no scheduled production date yet given by Ford), my VIN number shows a production number of 26,433. It seems that all reservations converted to a firm order by the deadline of the end of 2020 have jumped ahead of my firm order. It seems to me that a firm order should have priority to a reservation. I also wonder if dealer orders now are jumping ahead of my order also?

In any event if the current rate of production continues it looks like a delivery for my car at the end of December 2021, or a year and 3 months from the date of my firm order. Even if they were able to run at full capacity going forward, at that rate my delivery would be the end of August or 11 months from my order. Do my projections make sense to you as to a realistic date for my delivery?

Has anyone else contacted Ford as to their position on this issue and when can they even receive a confirmed scheduled production date and a realistic delivery date?
I also had an order with my dealer since Oct. with June production, but many dealers have the same models on their own lots. Checked around in the internet, made a couple calls and I picked one up off the lot, of course at full sticker, not over, and cancelled my order. That was over a month ago now.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
I also had an order with my dealer since Oct. with June production, but many dealers have the same models on their own lots. Checked around in the internet, made a couple calls and I picked one up off the lot, of course at full sticker, not over, and cancelled my order. That was over a month ago now.
I purchased the exact twin of my on line order when my dealer advised me of one that someone had backed out of the day before. This saved me seven weeks of waiting for my original vehicle to arrive. Plus, since the MMe that I bought was a delayed early production Ford gave me an additional 250 kWh of free charging.
I would recommend to anyone waiting to "call around" and see if there are 'turn downs' available for purchase.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Bre, Where did you read that report? Does your dealership agree that you probably won’t get it until 12/21? How can they keep selling this car if they can’t supply them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased the exact twin of my on line order when my dealer advised me of one that someone had backed out of the day before. This saved me seven weeks of waiting for my original vehicle to arrive. Plus, since the MMe that I bought was a delayed early production Ford gave me an additional 250 kWh of free charging.
I would recommend to anyone waiting to "call around" and see if there are 'turn downs' available for purchase.
I found the exact twin of the car I ordered, which hasn’t even started production! I asked my dealer if they could do a dealer swap and they won’t even try. I can’t cancel my order since these are considered special orders. Very frustrating!

21 - 40 of 61 Posts